• Latest Posts

• I had never heard that. I don't think it's a thing here. In Holland a lot of evangelical churches are for older people, men and women and the kids paint an egg box or something. When I got saved we had an I think paid youth leader and it was fabulous, these youth services and we'd go somewhere for a week. I feel sorry for my kids that there is nothing here. We went to a church here. I thought: Finally they're old and can go to the normal service, but nope, they wanted to use them to watch the kids, so the parents could cosily sit in the service. Bye then. There is one awesome church at the other side of the country. I just watch it online. My mom watches it every day. He was a youth leader where we went as youth sometimes. Now he's 74 and still just as fun and loads of youth get saved all the time. A pity we're stuck here and I cant drive and have no car.
    • Thanks for the references! Matthew 24 is such an interesting and important series of verses that have been discussed since the time of the Messiah. They are indeed quite difficult to interpret.    Almost all commentators agree they speak of the end times, and that may just be the case, but during my study of Daniel, I think they might speak to the time of the Messiah- His first coming.  Here are the thoughts behind this: 1) Probably the most important term to discuss is the AOD, or the Abomination that causes desolation. This is always attributed to an end time event surrounding a “mythical anti-Christ figure.”    This term is first mentioned in Daniel and I believe it refers to one specific event in the history of mankind- the most horrific and incomprehensible evil transgression that could be committed against our God- the Jews rejection and crucifixion of their Messiah.  This “abomination” is the basis for God to turn away from His people for the next 2000 years (time of the Gentiles). This transgression surpassed their earlier disobedience and idolatry that resulted in their complete destruction of Jerusalem and their 70 year captivity in Babylon. This transgression (abomination), would now cause God to become completely “desolate” to His people. And this is exactly what has taken place since 70 AD. So, how does this tie into Matthew? It ties into Matthew, Mark and Luke.    In Matthew, Jesus references Daniel and says, “when you see the AOD STANDING in the holy place… In Mark, Jesus references Daniel and says. “When you see the AOD standing where it ought not be… In Luke, Jesus does not use the word “abomination” nor does he mention the book of Daniel, but he does refer to the time of the coming “desolation.” All three are speaking of the same event and time in history.    In Matthew, it is Jesus (abomination of the cross) who will be found STANDING in the holy place. Matthew speaks to the Jews and speaks about Jesus as a King, their Messiah. It is EXPECTED to find Him STANDING IN THE HOLY PLACE- that is where Kings belong.    In Mark, it is Jesus (abomination of the cross) who will found STANDING WHERE HE OUGHT NOT BE. Mark speaks about Jesus, not as a king, but as a servant. Everything in Mark speaks of Jesus as helping, serving, healing His people. Thus, Mark is telling us this same “AOD” should not be found standing in the holy place- SERVANTS DO NOT BELONG IN THE HOLY PLACE.  But in Luke, there is a departure (seemingly) from the way this event (AOD) is presented. Here, Luke focuses on Jerusalem and the word “desolate.” Now, as a result of the AOD (Cross), Jerusalem will be surrounded by armies, THEN, desolation is near (not an end time event either). This would take place in 70 AD, and as a result of the Jews rejecting and crucifying their Messiah. Luke does not speak of Jesus as a king or a servant, but as a MAN. Consequently, no MAN could be found to “cause” complete desolation between God and His people. No MAN could be found to “cause” a complete destruction of Jerusalem and His people. Thus, this MAN is being mentioned as a time marker revealing the beginning of the time when God would cause a complete desolation between Him and His people (70 AD).    That is how I found these verses to fit with the new interpretations of Daniel.    Finally, a very different interpretation of Matthew 24:22, which is also tied to the Daniel prophecies might be considered:   24:22… Unless those days be shortened, no flesh would be saved….    Once again, all commentators treat this as an end time event when God will have to intervene in the destruction on earth otherwise everyone would perish. But I believe this is also speaking about the Messiah (His first coming). As mentioned, Jesus arrived on the first day of the 70th week of the 70 weeks of years prophecy. The first 69 weeks are completed and Jerusalem, His people, all the Levitical ceremonies and practices have been reinstated, and the Sabbatical cycles are also being honored. This is the purpose of the 70 weeks of years prophecy- The things (physical and spiritual) that MUST be restored after the Babylonian destruction.    Everything was fully restored by the end of the 69th week - these “things” were an obligation and commitment of the Jews.  There is only one item that had yet to be restored- and this can only be restored by God. Thus, on the first day of the 70th week, Jesus would be both baptized by John and anointed by God in the Jordan.    This would begin the last 7 years of the prophecy, the beginning of His ministry and in 9:24, God would reveal those requirements that He had given to His Son to complete DURING this final “Holy Week.” But of course He would be rejected and crucified exactly 3.5 years within the last week (in the midst of the week). However, His sacrifice would pay the price for ALL of our sins should we place our faith in Him.    Meaning, that if Jesus had not gone to the cross “in the midst of the week,” then WE, ALL OF US, would not be saved! We would have no way to pay for our sins - except through our own blood.    His plan of salvation from before the beginning of the world included the cross. Jesus knew He would go to the cross BEFORE the completion of the last 7 years of His ministry (70 weeks of years prophecy)… had He NOT shortened these days, NO FLESH WOULD BE SAVED.    Consequently, most of Daniel speaks to the Messiah (first coming), not the end times.    Look forward to your thoughts, Charlie       
    • I have a few minutes to kill and had been thinking about this a little lately (as I think the time of this age is short), so I thought to "bless" all y'alls with my crazy thoughts . . .   In Revelation we have the beast, the false prophet and the dragon - an unholy trinity.  The dragon is assuredly the devil.  He is unseen and behind the scenes, much like God the Father is in the holy trinity.  The false prophet would then seem to be akin to Christ, and then the beast would be the unholy version of the Spirit perhaps?  (I dunno - maybe that doesn't line up so well . . .)  In any case, I would think the false prophet must be able to do various miracles (like Jesus) to reinforce his speaking.   With all the talk of AI these days, and also of cyber implants, I wonder if a person (the beast) of this unholy trinity might become a walking AI/internet connected cyborg/human being, who could know and deduce an amazing amount of information in an instant.  And, from my understanding, when the antichrist receives a death blow, they come back to life in 3 days.  I wonder if, at that time, they convey themselves to be a superior being/God or a god-like eternal being, who either created life on this planet or seeded humans here.  Maybe then they would reveal that all the UFOs were under their control.  (I've long thought that this one might reveal the supposedly "true" nature behind UFOs, etc.) And this one, when he comes back to life, will then break the 7 year covenant, which he had quite amazingly orchestrated 3.5 years earlier, and sets himself up as God in the Hebrew temple (which must have been rebuilt).  I always thought that the Jews would oppose this one, but I think the devil wants the worship of the Jews as a final insult to God, so perhaps he causes them to believe he actually is God, and they cease their temple sacrifices voluntarily.   Well my free time of ruminating is gone and I must get on with the work of tilling my piece of ground . . .  
    • I hear this all the time. I don't know what it means nor do I understand why it's the fault of women that men don't do their part in church and/or just quit coming.
    • Yes, we all will be called haters and thought of as bigots and racists. Eventually, they will believe they are doing God a favor by killing us. Nothing new under the sun.
  • Who's Online

• Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. abcdef
      abcdef
      73 years old
    2. fireproof_always
      fireproof_always
      37 years old
    3. gods kid
      gods kid
      34 years old