christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What does everyone collect

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
160 replies to this topic

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
For me I like to collect postcards from various locations. I love having postcards from far off places sent to me. I also collect pretty shiney and special rocks. I use to have an arrowhead that my dad got me on one of his trips to the east coast when he use to visit his sister and dad. (His dad is dead now).

Anyone got any unique collections going on? Interesting to know what others are into.

winsomebulldog

winsomebulldog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
I collect cows. I love them, especially black & white Holstiens. I have all sorts of cow stuff, from figurines to coffee mugs to pot holders and pretty much everything in between.

I also collect fabric. (I'm a quilter.) I've got all sorts of fabric, from bolts to scraps. It's a bit of an addiction. :)

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
awwwwww I love baby cows. I cant say the same for adult cows as one time I was in kindergartnen our class visited a farm for a filed trip and we got to stand in line and take a turn milking a cow. When it was my turn I couldnt seem to do it and get the milk to come out right and I got kicked in the face by the cow. My mom has a picture. Not a fun experience no matter what age u are. :)

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,597 posts
Elephants! I have them from Kenya, Mexico, India, China, Brazil and the U.S., ranging from 1 1/2" to three feet and stylized modern to traditional, a lovely music box (Canadian) to candle holders and book ends. I love them all. :)

victory777

victory777

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
i collect porcilin(cant spell)eggs ,i have a unit full,when open they all have something inside,my fav has a single rose in

~Shalhevet~

~Shalhevet~

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
Rocks :)

ladypeartree

ladypeartree

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,583 posts
grandchildren and the mess that comes with them :blink:

Seriously my son used to collect erasers ..he had over 5000 of them :taped:

I used to collect dolls in national costumes but it got to be too much like hard work to keep them all clean :laugh:

winsom..do you have anchor butter where you are ??? about twice a year they do a special promo and you have tot collect lables to " buy " cow products...my grand daughters have had cow macs, cow baking sets, cow " fuzzy felt farms " cow kites and many others :cool:

Coffee ..if you PM me your addres I will send you a postcard from Wales :cool:

2Joyful

2Joyful

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts
Elephants and angels

JHERB

JHERB

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

I collect nothing...and have plenty of it.
:cool:

:laugh: :blink:

winsomebulldog

winsomebulldog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

grandchildren and the mess that comes with them :blink:

Seriously my son used to collect erasers ..he had over 5000 of them :taped:

I used to collect dolls in national costumes but it got to be too much like hard work to keep them all clean :laugh:

winsom..do you have anchor butter where you are ??? about twice a year they do a special promo and you have tot collect lables to " buy " cow products...my grand daughters have had cow macs, cow baking sets, cow " fuzzy felt farms " cow kites and many others :cool:

Coffee ..if you PM me your addres I will send you a postcard from Wales :emot-questioned:

No, I don't think so. I've never heard of it, anyway.

True story, though... I met another cow collector several years back & she took it to a whole other level. She got my name one year for a Christmas gift exchange & made me this cow mobile from old style wooden clothes pins, you know, the ones with no metal. They were each hand painted black & white & even have cute little bonnets on their heads. Sounds weird, I know, but it really is cute. It hangs in my kitchen.

The crazy part is, she loves cows so much that she painted all her kitchen cabinets black & white... Spotted like a Holstein cow!!! :blink:

As fond as I am of them, that's a line I am just not going to cross! :laugh:

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,597 posts

Elephants and angels

:emot-questioned:

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,597 posts

i collect porcilin(cant spell)eggs ,i have a unit full,when open they all have something inside,my fav has a single rose in

Those are SO pretty! I'm sometimes tempted to buy one here and there but then I'd have to work on another collection and I don't have the time. :emot-questioned:

Believer1997

Believer1997

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
I used to collect vastly expensive basketry - one day I realized as I was moving into our current home that I had waaay too many of them. I now pass them along to my daughter and granddaughter... they are my carry-on when I travel...lol.

I love beautiful and rare china - and have been the recipient of many lovely antique pieces of china passed down from relatives. I love china and think that my husband & I deserve to eat on a beautiful china plate - be it a sandwich or prime rib - it tastes better if you make a meal special with china and a pretty table.

Believer1997

Believer1997

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts

....... it tastes better if you make a meal special with china and a pretty table.

Women
:emot-questioned:

Now think about it. If you go to the trouble of preparing food for your family (my husband these days)... and sit down and spend time to enjoy food - why not make it occasion? Why not have a nice tablecloth, music, candlelight? We live in a rush, rush, eat out of a sack while running errands... slow down - enjoy what you eat. You will not only eat less - you'll enjoy it more and you've shown someone that they are important enough for ... the good china.

Guest_TheChief_*

Guest_TheChief_*
  • Guests
I collect coffee cups...

No rhyme nor reason to it, I just pick up whatever strikes my fancy or looks unusual.

My most "unusual" is a cup and saucer made by a prisoner of Auschwitz...while I use most of the cups I have, this one I have never used.

ladypeartree

ladypeartree

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,583 posts
:laugh: my mother once bought a cup "cut in half " for a relative who always said he only had time for half a cup of coffee :emot-questioned:

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,483 posts
I have just started collecting old bibles. Some of the inscriptions inside carry a story all of their own. It's going to be a slow process because I have to hunt them down in old bookstores and flea markets (which is half the fun).

In the days before I knew Jesus, I seriously, collected ammunition and explosives :emot-questioned:

I had live handgrenades, stun grenades, star shells, det cord, a bit of C4, 2000 rounds of various rifle ammunition, thunderflash's, and a lot of other stuff that went bang. Some of my "collection" was not entirely legal.......... I could have invaded a small country......

ladypeartree

ladypeartree

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,583 posts
These old bibles are often ( here in the UK anyway) a great way of tracing family trees as every birth and death was normally recorded on the covers ...we still have several and boy are they heavy :blink:

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,100 posts
What do I collict..... well if you listen to my wife, she'll tell you "everything".

ladypeartree

ladypeartree

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,583 posts
except fish :blink: :42: :42:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network