christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's your favourite hymn?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,179 posts
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus sweetest name I know...

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
One of my favorites is How Great Thou Art. It says it all. I however go to a church were very few of the old hymns are sung. We sing mostly praise and worship songs and I love that. I am a worshiper, standing and raising my hands in worship and song is one of my favorite things to do. I believe worship to be a mindset. We can worship while we are feeding our dogs or doing our laundry. Worship brings into the presence of the Almighty living God. The word says God inhabits the praises of His people. So let us be all about worship.

Jonah'sJourney

Jonah'sJourney
  • Members
  • 42 posts
Just as I Am, and It Is Well With My Soul. The first one was playing the night I answered the altar call. The second one never ends with dry eyes.

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
i love alot of hymns but one of ones i enjoy is No one ever cared for me like Jesus and another is
sing them over again to me wonderful words of life

jude22kjv

jude22kjv
  • Members
  • 16 posts
Turn your eyes upon Jesus! I find myself at times of trouble and frustrations, when things are getting the better of me to get that hymn in my thoughts and maybe even aloud. It has always seemed at least for me to bring things no matter what they are back into perspective in a troubled time.

Jude22kjv

warriorforJesus

warriorforJesus

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
My favorite is Shall we gather at the river :)

ears

ears

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
Most all that have been spoken of has been my favorite at one time or another along with "Victory in Jesus" and "What a friend we have in Jesus". I just love all the old hymns, can never get enough.

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
Most of the old hymns mentioned are my favorites. When my brother-in-law was dying my sis and I sang How Great Thou Art and he mouthed the words with us, so I hold this one dear. Before she died my mom and I sang Victory in Jesus together so I like that one as well. My soon to be 94 year old dad wants Beulah Land sang at his funeral, so that one has special meaning for me as well.
I remember singing It Is Well With My Soul with the church congregation, and I still love it. There are all those old ones mentioned that I still like to sing, but for some reason where I attend church, they have changed the tempo of most of these and I have a difficult time singing them today.
A newer song that I like is by Hope's Call entitled "You Are Loved" It is on youtube and you can search it out, if you like.

worshiper70

worshiper70

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
How Great Thou Art comes to mind.

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

I Love this one when we sing it in Church.

I think this is the name for it , not sure o.k.... "Theres No God Like Jehovah ...Theres' No God Like Jehovah "
or , this may be the Title to it..." The Year Of Jubilee'

I Love that song ... I don't know the title to it. :(

Does anyone know of this song ?...those are the words in the song.

It is "Days of Elijah". I love the version sung by Robin Mark. :mgcheerful:

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
Some of my faves :

How Great Thou Art
A Mighty Fortress is Our God
It Is Well With My Soul
Come Thou Fountain of Every Blessing
All Creatures of Our God and King

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
My favorite hymn is Beulah Land sung by Mike Purkey...

In my walk...Prayer and Worship is Amazing and so The Lord led me a while back to youtube and some of the songs on there...I had to type a list of the ones I loved!!! If it would be ok on this thread, I'll just share a few of them...Hahaha...ok just a few...I have like 100 or something...

youtube: Yeshua (Jesus) Kadosh (Holy)...the one by: bluetru40
youtube: Arieh The Lion Rapping For God...the one by: maozisrael
youtube: Kutless - Take Me In (A message to the youth)...the one by: mario anaya
youtube: Shekinah Glory Fall On Me...the one by: kaceedee

Love you In Him, Kathy

warriorforJesus

warriorforJesus

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
More faves:

Count your blessings

Amazing Grace

How Great Thou Art

The Garden

Valnomi

Valnomi
  • Banned
  • 53 posts
SORRY I NEVER KNEW YOU Jim Ed Brown 1ST VERSE LAST NIGHT AS I LAY SLEEPING A DREAM CAME TO ME I DREAMED ABOUT THE END OF TIME, ABOUT ENTERNITY. I SAW A MILLION SINNERS FALL ON THEIR KNEES TO PRAY THE LORD HE SADLY SHOOK HIS HEAD AND THIS I HEARD HIM SAY. CHORUS SORRY I NEVER KNEW YOU,I FIND NO RECORD OF YOUR BIRTH SORRY I NEVER KNEW YOU GO AND SERVE THE ONE THAT YOU HAVE SERVED BEFORE. 2ND VERSE I THOUGHT THE TIME HAD FULLY COME WHEN I COULD STAND A THRIVE,I TOLD THE LORD THAT I HAD BEEN A CHRISTIAN ALL THE WHILE,SO THRU HIS BOOK ,HE TOOK A LOOK,AND SADLY SHOOK HIS HEAD.THEN HE PLACED ME OVER ON HIS LEFT AND THIS I HEARD HIM SAY.. CHORUS SORRY I NEVER KNEW YOU,I FIND NO RECORD OF YOUR BIRTH, SORRY I NEVER KNEW YOU,GO AND SERVE THE ONE THAT YOU SERVED DOWN ON EARTH. 3RD VERSE THERE WERE MY WIFE AND CHILDREN, I HEARD THEIR LOVING VOICE, THEY MUST HAVE BEEN SO HAPPY OH HOW THEY DID REJOICE,THEIR ROBES OF WHITE AROUND THEM, THEIR FACES ALL AGLOW,MY LITTLE GIRL LOOKED OVER AT ME AND THIS I HEARD HER SAY... CHOURS DADDY WE CAN'T GO WITH YOU,WE MUST DWELL IN THE JOY OF OUR LORD,SORRY FOR WE STILL LOVE YOU,BUT YOU'LL NEVER BE OUR DADDY ANYMORE. 4TH VERSE NOW WHEN I HAD AWAKENED , THE TEARS WERE IN MY EYES,AND LOOKING ALL AROUND ME, AND THERE TO MY SURPRISE THERE WERE MY LOVING BABIES I KNEW IT WAS A DREAM AND DOWN BESIDE THAT BED OF MINE YOU SHOULD HAVE HEARD ME SCREAM.. CHOURS FATHER WHICH ART IN HEAVEN , I KNOW THOU GAVE THINE ONLY SON, FATHER PLEASE FORGIVE ME, FOR I WANT TO BE READY WHEN YOU COME,

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,635 posts
"Battle Hymn of the Republic" - especially the Mormon Tabernacle Choir version.

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
...my favorite church hymns would have to be... The Old Rugged Cross, ....and ......At The Cross....I find myself singing or humming them without even thinking. I grew up with those songs as a child. They are embedded in my heart and soul.

desi

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network