christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pope calls for world government

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
http://www.naturalne..._New_Order.html

(NaturalNews) During a recent speech he made before the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace in Rome on December 3, Pope Benedict XVI, the current leader of the Roman Catholic Church, called for what can only be described as a unified world government, which he dubbed a "new evangelization of society" that aligns with the spirit of visions brought forth by previous popes.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
wow, I know were heading towards a one world government, but for the leading member of the worlds largest church to call for it, I never saw that one coming. . . the catholic church must be going for an all time low.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,621 posts
Actually, they have been the head for the Emergent Church which has been calling for a one world religion, along with a one world government.

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,803 posts
The mortgage crash in 2008 should have shown everyone just how close we were (perhaps "are" might be a better word?) to a "one world" financial system. The US housing market, and nearly took some banks in Europe with it. The call for a one world government really shouldn't be a surprise, since the world is headed in that direction anyway - but I am surprised that its the Pope joining in calling for it.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

The Roman Catholic Church has been pushing for world government for a long time and have been making progress in convincing various powers in governments to follow in it. They have also been strong supporters of a one world religion and have helped create Chrislam, the uniting of Christianity with Islam ,,,,,even the Catholic church teaches that there will be a very evil pope fitting the role of the false prophet in revelations

This is another indicator that we are in the beginning of the end times.

I agree, daniel; I've always thought the Vatican was in league with the dark side and this Pope in particular. I realize these things must happen, as the Bible tells us, but I wasn't expecting things to come out into the light this soon.

Babbler

Babbler

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
In this statement, Pope John Paul II sounds like a reading from a Club of Rome tract:

"The earth is ultimately a common heritage, the fruits of which are for the benefit of all. In the words of the Vatican Council, "God destined the earth and all it contains for the use of every individual and all peoples" (Gaudium et Ses, 69). This has direct consequences for the problem at hand. It is manifestly unjust that a privileged few should continue to accumulate excess goods, squandering available resources, while masses of people are living in conditions of misery at the very lowest levels of subsistence. Today the dramatic threat of ecological breakdown is teaching us the extent to which greed and selfishness, both individual and collective, are contrary to the order of creation, an order that is characterized by mutual interdependence.
...The concepts of an ordered universe and a common heritage both point to the necessity of a more international coordinated approach to the manage ment of the earth's goods. In many cases, the effects of ecological problems transcend the borders of individual states; hence, their solution cannot be found solely on the national level. Recently there have been some promising steps toward such international action, yet existing mechanisms and bodies are clearly not adequate for the development of a comprehensive plan of action. Political obstacles, forms of exaggerated nationalism and economic interests- to mention only a few factors-impede international cooperation and long-term effective action."1

John Paul seems to have forgotten the warning of one of his predecessors, Pope Benedict XV, who in 1920 said:

"The coming of a world government is longed for by all the worst and distorted elements. This state...would banish all national loyalties. In it, no acknowledgement would be made of the authority of a father over his children, or of God over human society. If these ideas are put into practice, there will inevitably follow an unheard reign of terror."

1 et. William R. Farmer, International Bible Commentary, (The Liturgical Press, Collegeville, Minnesota, 1998) 320. ISBN 0-8146-2454-5

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

In this statement, Pope John Paul II sounds like a reading from a Club of Rome tract:

"The earth is ultimately a common heritage, the fruits of which are for the benefit of all. In the words of the Vatican Council, "God destined the earth and all it contains for the use of every individual and all peoples" (Gaudium et Ses, 69). This has direct consequences for the problem at hand. It is manifestly unjust that a privileged few should continue to accumulate excess goods, squandering available resources, while masses of people are living in conditions of misery at the very lowest levels of subsistence. Today the dramatic threat of ecological breakdown is teaching us the extent to which greed and selfishness, both individual and collective, are contrary to the order of creation, an order that is characterized by mutual interdependence.
...The concepts of an ordered universe and a common heritage both point to the necessity of a more international coordinated approach to the manage ment of the earth's goods. In many cases, the effects of ecological problems transcend the borders of individual states; hence, their solution cannot be found solely on the national level. Recently there have been some promising steps toward such international action, yet existing mechanisms and bodies are clearly not adequate for the development of a comprehensive plan of action. Political obstacles, forms of exaggerated nationalism and economic interests- to mention only a few factors-impede international cooperation and long-term effective action."1

John Paul seems to have forgotten the warning of one of his predecessors, Pope Benedict XV, who in 1920 said:

"The coming of a world government is longed for by all the worst and distorted elements. This state...would banish all national loyalties. In it, no acknowledgement would be made of the authority of a father over his children, or of God over human society. If these ideas are put into practice, there will inevitably follow an unheard reign of terror."

1 et. William R. Farmer, International Bible Commentary, (The Liturgical Press, Collegeville, Minnesota, 1998) 320. ISBN 0-8146-2454-5

off topic--is that bird a Say's P hoebe?

Edited by Willamina, 28 December 2012 - 04:59 PM.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,631 posts

The mortgage crash in 2008 should have shown everyone just how close we were (perhaps "are" might be a better word?) to a "one world" financial system. The US housing market, and nearly took some banks in Europe with it. The call for a one world government really shouldn't be a surprise, since the world is headed in that direction anyway - but I am surprised that its the Pope joining in calling for it.

Can you spell Euro?....... England made an excellent call staying out of the zone. Germany yet has to pay for it's decision.

LOVE SONGS

LOVE SONGS

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts
(quote) from the article..
Pope Benedict XVI anything other than a call for a dictatorial New World Order guided and controlled by the Roman Catholic Church.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am difinately not following the catholic churches teachings ... praying the rosary, divorced people cannot received communion the host (bread) unless
they get their marriage anulled , if you are not a registered member of their church and you die ...you cannot have a funeral from them...etc.

I was once catholic most all my life ..up until I got saved,in a christian church when I went up for prayer, when I visited there ...12 years ago.
I found out a lot of truth about God in the non-denominational church.

I refuse to go back to catholic.

The catholic church is corrupted with their homosexual priest . Some are not in prison for raping young boys ...they just move the
priest to another state or parish.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,754 posts

It is manifestly unjust that a privileged few should continue to accumulate excess goods, squandering available resources, while masses of people are living in conditions of misery at the very lowest levels of subsistence.

Ironic statement considering the enormous wealth of the vatican and rcc church. How much gold does the pope wear each day alone?

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,803 posts

Can you spell Euro?....... England made an excellent call staying out of the zone. Germany yet has to pay for it's decision.

Yes, the UK made a good decision didn't they? :laugh:

That whole Euro thing was part of what came to mind while I was thinking about this. I was somewhat surprised when the 2008 crash happened than so many countries were affected by something that would have probably stayed in the US 20 or 30 years ago. The details that came out following the crash were an eye-opener since I hadn't really paid much attention to that stuff before then.

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
Germany may have its come-uppance soon. They have had great numbers of Muslims move in.

http://www.gatestone...ny-islamization

LOVE SONGS

LOVE SONGS

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Germany may have its come-uppance soon. They have had great numbers of Muslims move in.

http://www.gatestone...ny-islamization

People there and here are not aware of Islam beliefs.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,833 posts
There are some that believe the anti-Christ will be a pope. I have never really thought that likely, but you never can tell? I am not surprised the Catholic Church would desire a one world government, but I am surprised they would be this open about it? They have to know it will bring about a lot of criticism. Then again, I have noticed that the new world order people have become a lot more bold of late, feeling like there is nothing we can do to stop them.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
There will be a one world government whether the Pope calls for it or not.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

There will be no one World government. This world peace message has come from the Roman Church for over 100 years, after they decided they could not kill everyone into submission.

Danial chapter 2 tells us there will only be 10 nations that come together, out of the Roman system. A far stretch for a world government. That is YouTube conspiracy's and Hollywood.

China and Russia won't buy into it, the other 2 major super powers, which pose a problem for the Antichrist until the end when they come to fight together. Also the Muslim nations will not buy into it, which there is a indication that many will be destroyed.

The devil scampers around at the end, and goes forth to get help from the nations that would not join him.

Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

The Nations under the Antichrist will join forces with the nations that opposed him from the start.

Jesus is going to hand them their backsides on a plate.

Jesus Is Lord.

You're so right; they get what they have asked for in the end.....complete seperation from God and eternity in hell.

bornagain2011

bornagain2011

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
I heard that this is the last pope until the antichrist takes over, and the roman catholic church tries to rule the world. Something like that. I guess Islam and Catholocism are sisters, they go way back.

Love is alive

Love is alive

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

wow, I know were heading towards a one world government, but for the leading member of the worlds largest church to call for it, I never saw that one coming. . . the catholic church must be going for an all time low.

Probably because the are loosing members so rapidly in some parts of the world.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network