christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question for christians

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

back2thebible

back2thebible

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

What would a wise person want?

Does a man locked in chains, inside a prison want others to just tell him about the joy outside the prison. Does that man want to hear how we can drive where we want, and eat what we want? Go to the store when we want?

Or

Would that man in prison rather hear about how we that are free, are going to get him out of prison, that he may be free?

What does a wise man pick?

Jesus Is Lord.

I am not sure who is the person in prison and locked in chain your analogy refers to. The believer or the unbeliever? LOL, .. , kidding.

However, your analogy fails because I know virtually no atheist who considers herself in a sort of intellectual or spiritual prison, whatever that means. I wonder where you got this idea from. Of course, I might be wrong, but I fail to see the wisdom of asking freedom from a non existing prison.

Ciao

- viole

being that you are a nonbeliever, Joe seems to like to just post bible passages, I imagine less can go wrong that way....lol

RedMomma

RedMomma

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Foodie and loves to cook,I love comedy and I love meeting new folks. I love to study the book of Revelation,and book of Daniel. I love to talk of the Lord and learning new things,I like to figure out what makes folks ticks and why they think the way they do. My question is Have youve met Jesus yet? If not then give me a hollor ok
Wow nick you put a good topic on here and I appreciate your question too,that tells me youre ready to hear the truth but my question is can you handle the truth and would you accept it?

• Guests

.... Joe seems to like to just post bible passages, I imagine less can go wrong that way....lol

Faith

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Pleases

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Philosophies Won't

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

And Perhaps This Will Help

http://www.worthychr...80#entry1423411

Perhaps Not

Love, Joe

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network