christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi all

* * * * * 1 votes new here

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Chamomile

Chamomile
  • Members
  • 6 posts
I have already been in the chat room, so to have my 3 or 5? messages here to be able to post?

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,191 posts
Hi Chamomile, yes, after 5 posts you will be able to use the pm, and your profile and post. Just reply to the hello's here. It is just something we have to try and stop spammers, or get to them early.

Welcome to Worthy!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,002 posts
Welcome to Worthy.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,033 posts
Welcome~!

franciskelsey

franciskelsey

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
Welcome. I know you will enjoy your time here. Feel free to share a little about yourself my friend.

Edited by franciskelsey, 04 January 2013 - 01:06 PM.

nChrist

nChrist

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts
Hello and WELCOME to Worthy. I hope that you enjoy the fellowship here as much as I do.

Selasphorus

Selasphorus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
welcome to Worthy!

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,212 posts
Still 3 posts to go. Welcome to Worthy! :thumbsup:

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
Welcome Chamomile :)

Chamomile

Chamomile
  • Members
  • 6 posts
hello people, very nice and warm welcome from you :)

Edited by Chamomile, 05 January 2013 - 04:17 AM.

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
Welcome to worthy, Chamomile :)

Chamomile

Chamomile
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Hi, franciskelsey. Ok, you are right that I have to share things about me. Well, I am a girl, early 30s but I still feel a girl, I was born Christian, Orthodox, I am from Bulgaria, and baptized in early age, but I always had interest in eastern philosophy, so read a lot of literature and also went through a practice and with time I have become Hinduism and later Buddhist, so in fact I am a Buddhist in nature but I very much believe in what is written in the Bible and try to manage to keep these things together, I mean I always kept part of different religions inside me so to have understanding of people. I hope this is not too surprising for you all.

I also studied comparative religion in university as part of Anthropology if this is making it more understandable.

I also was searching for a nice Christian community in the net where to read and share my worries, you know, I also write in Buddhist forums for my delight, they are very fine communities too, but you are very warm and welcoming indeed.

Actually after joining your community my worries lessened. Because it is sometimes hard to cope with disbelieve or not enough believe around. Also Buddhist forums are excellent for self-development, there is a lot of wisdom of how you could reach higher levels and enlightenment but they are less engaged in worldly affairs.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,033 posts

but I very much believe in what is written in the Bible

:thumbsup:

~

Belief Is A Funny Thing

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Matthew 24:24

It Can Tickle And Comfort

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

And Lead A Child To Love

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

In All The Wrong Places

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Hebrews 9:27

~

Believe

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Be Blessed Beloved

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Love, Joe

worshiper70

worshiper70

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Welcome to Worthy.

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Surely the Lord is in this place......praise God

Chamomile

Chamomile
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Once upon a time I was part of a community (not chat or forums) which I lost... These two days I've been dreaming about that... like I am there and I am struggling ...please pay me attention, please be good to me... no, no, no...two subsequent nights... All I can remember now is about a talk, a meeting we had, a huge one, and there was a woman there who, she didn't like me somehow.. and when I entered the meeting ... she started laughing... with a very low voice... I mean she was a good woman otherwise but just you know stupid things people do... and she was laughing and laughing... and it was serious meeting... and people started like... who is laughing... and they see my name that I just entered there, and everyone thought I am disrupting and... laughing at them... or sort of... at first I didn't understand I guess, but yes it was her... not many other women in there... but it was my fault, and I couldn't say it's her... and she kept laughing and laughing... like she would say a few very serious things... and giggle after it... i think it was something neurotic, it was stupid and disturbing and like people felt I am really immature and crazy ... who knows... at the very moment people changed their attitude to me... or may be they were laughing at me even before that... however noone spoke at me normally after this occasion. I mean no one. Yes, I am childish and I laugh a lot but not this way and not at meetings... so these days I was dreaming about it and somehow related to here, to the chatroom I was in every night, so I have a ban from the chatroom after the 1st dream and... I knew something is going to happen, maybe the two communities have something in common I associate, maybe even when I am doing nothing wrong I get this 'ban' or I don't know. So this is my way to say I have a ban from the chat room and that this time (unlike the other) I am not gonna ask to be removed no matter how sad I feel. Maybe its much better this way (here) but I must say I still ache from the previous time and this time reminded me of the previous.

G23

G23
  • Members
  • 20 posts
Welcome!! I hope you enjoy your time here!

franciskelsey

franciskelsey

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
Chamomile, thank you for sharing some of your history, as well as your learning's, and even what seems to be bothering you right now. Feel free to PM me if you need someone one on one to chat with, but I am sure many more here are more qualified. I just want you to know the invite is there if you need it and I know most others on this board would offer you the same.

With :Christianity, versing other religions, you may find a few key differences I do hope and pray you will keep in the back of your mind. In Jesus, He paid our price of sin for us. In all other religions, we are required to try to make it to heaven by our own acts, which is impossible. Some religions focus on being a better us, or being as our own God. Who though, can stop our day of death? Stop the rain from falling? You see, as humans, we can never be Gods, but must understand we only have limited control given to us by God.

One more key factor, Jesus, after three days, arose again. What other called God can claim arising from the dead? What other acclaimed God can live inside of us and give us peace we have never known or felt before?

I appreciate all the insight you are sharing with us. We do enjoy hearing those with different stories than of our own.

If I may ask, however, of just one question. Though it is apparent you know and read your bible, have you ever asked God directly for a relationship with Him? Any love you see here fails in comparison with the love He has for you.

God bless

I hope we can chat much more in the future. Though I know your studies far out weigh mine, the love and the peace I have had since becoming a son of Jesus Christ is something I can never fully explain, and every day He reveals just how wonderful He truly is to me. Have a great day my friend.

greekmom

greekmom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Welcome to Worthy :)

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network