christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ranking in Heaven

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

jacqui

jacqui
  • 2 posts

I have been a christian for 35 years. God has always been my strength and refuge. He is my closest friend and I know Him to be loving and kind.  However, I have always battled with the concept of heaven's 'ranking' as outlined in some scriptures in the bible and taught from the pulpit.  If we are all equal in the eyes of God, why are there different rewards and levels in heaven?  On earth, I have always abhorred the idea of man-made class systems.  They are unjust and unfair and have been the cause of much conflict and sadness. Why would God sort His loved ones into a hierarcical order?  Those who were 'excellent' christians sit beside Him while those who were 'struggling' christians are lucky to just exist in heaven somewhere far from the heavenly throne. This idea unsettles me spiritually and challenges my faith.  I have prayed many times about this and discussed it with friends but the question still remains.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,318 posts

First of all Welcome to Worthy. 

This section of Worthy is dedicated more for a quick introduction and to say hello and that you have just joined.

In this way, others can welcome you and say hello.  :)

If you just reply to those that say hello you will soon have five posts. 

After five posts you can start a thread in one of the forums. 

Perhaps "questions and answers" so that members can reply to your question.  :thumbsup:

Again , welcome to Worthy. 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,624 posts

Blessings jacqui

Welcome to Worthy & I would be happy to elaborate on some of the questions you pose when you post in van appropriate forum where yyou can get many replies................for now,let me just say that I will be happy to be a doorkeeper in Heaven ! Heavens least is far better than this worlds best!Glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I have been a christian for 35 years. God has always been my strength and refuge. He is my closest friend and I know Him to be loving and kind.  However, I have always battled with the concept of heaven's 'ranking' as outlined in some scriptures in the bible and taught from the pulpit.  If we are all equal in the eyes of God, why are there different rewards and levels in heaven?  On earth, I have always abhorred the idea of man-made class systems.  They are unjust and unfair and have been the cause of much conflict and sadness. Why would God sort His loved ones into a hierarcical order?  Those who were 'excellent' christians sit beside Him while those who were 'struggling' christians are lucky to just exist in heaven somewhere far from the heavenly throne. This idea unsettles me spiritually and challenges my faith.  I have prayed many times about this and discussed it with friends but the question still remains.

Welcome to Worthy jacqui.It is nice to have you with us.I hope you enjoy your stay   :mgcheerful:.  Yes,first of all when we go to heaven as Christians we will be judged at the Bema Seat judgment.I am a pre-trib believer so I believe that this will happen when we are raptured.Ofcourse we are already saved so our salvation is sealed.We will be judged for the things we have done in our earthly bodies.People will be given reward or rewards will be taken away.Their are no "levels" in heaven like the Mormons believe.

fire-heart

fire-heart

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

well in all honesty i dont have a lot of insight on ranks in heaven. i do believe there will be ranks and greater rewards than others but i dont think all of that will be sorted the way we think it will for instance say a christian served the lord as hard as he could for many years till he was old and died and another did the same but his life was cut short so he did not become old. i believe they both would recieve the same amount of great rewards in heaven.

if you wish to be the greatest in heaven you must become the very least. but they ones who are not ranked very high are most likely the ones who did not put a whole lot of effort into following God but God rewards those who work hard for him.

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Hello Jacqui

Scripture makes reference to 'being sealed into the kingdom', 'judging men and angels', or the parable of the ten virgins.

The bride of Christ that go up with Him in the rapture is the possessor of absolutely every thing when they have Him. They will preside with their bridegroom at the judgement.

Those virgins that do not have the oil (sealed in) will have to stand the judgement where the sheep and goats are separated.

There is no envy or striff there, it stays here, it will simply be bliss to be in that perfect place.

I believe it is of the enemy to cause us to fret here. Let us put aside those things and press on in the high calling.

The Lord makes everything work out just right.

May I say one more thing. There is no such thing as a 'excellent Christians' our excellence is in Him and if we start thinking otherwise we better be carefull.

As for 'struggling' - as long as they get up and keep moving forward.

Amen

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Welcome to worthy

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,462 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,453 posts

Welcome~!

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Hello Jacqui, and welcome to Worthy.  I will not attempt to answer you question, as I see many have already given you some great answers.

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
You are most welcome here, Jacqui

The MOTHER of James and John asked Jesus if her sons could sit on his right and on his left. That seems impossible since Jesus sits on the Father's right side. But Jesus said those positions were not his to give.
I have heard of angels having ranks in heaven but not people. In heaven there will be neither Jew nor gentile, slave nor free man, man nor woman but all will be equal in heaven.

As for as rewards, God judges fairly and does not discriminate. I imagine that those whose lives have been sacrificed for Christ as martyrs will be very highly rewarded and I would be glad to step aside to honor them; while those of us who are reluctant to share or even confess Jesus will receive less reward. Those who provide for people who suffer in want of basic needs out of compassion and love will be rewarded higher than those who do it routinely as the thankless job it can become. But any of us who are reviled for His name's sake, about whom they say all sorts of evil things, and who seek to lead Godly lives in Christ Jesus will be rewarded greatly. A crown of righteousness will be given for keeping our FAITH strong to the end, and the crown of life is given for having endured trials and temptations. However, crowns are only ours to throw down at Jesus feet in Heaven, recognizing that it is by His grace and power that we are able to do anything good on His behalf. All the glory goes to God.

Otherwise, I agree with kwik. To have a tiny nook in heaven, and the most insignificant of positions is OK with me, as long as I am in His Presence. I would be glad to give honor to those that He honors and hear of the wonderful things that they have done here on earth while I sat on my duff watching TV.

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
Welcome!

Mike

Mike

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Welcome to Worthy Jacqui!!! Hope that you will have a great time here!! :)

God bless you!!

Harmone

Harmone
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Welcome to Worthy. I'm very glad to see you here. As of the question , I fancy you could ask it at Questions and Answer forum.

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!

Peace to you and God bless,

PrairWarur

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network