christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fruitfulness

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

wfHim

wfHim
  • Members
  • 11 posts

(Psalm 92:12-14) 12 The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,
He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing

(John 15:1-5)

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;[a] and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

BE FRUITFUL AND GROW IN FAITH

(2 Peter 1:5-8) But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

PanzerIV

PanzerIV
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Love these :)

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
Welcome to Worthy!!

kronborg

kronborg
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 94 posts

wfHim. It's wonderfull to be reminded that the christian life is not a life of "do it yourself" but a "remaining on the vine" and God will make the impossible possible. I love the Galatians 5:22 also :" But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfullness, gentleness, self-control". That is a mighty fine "tree" to have in one's spiritual garden. I for one need all of these fruits.  

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network