Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fruitfulness

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

(Psalm 92:12-14) 12 The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,
He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing

(John 15:1-5)

15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;[a] and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

BE FRUITFUL AND GROW IN FAITH

(2 Peter 1:5-8) But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Posted · Report post

Love these :)

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy!!

Posted · Report post

wfHim. It's wonderfull to be reminded that the christian life is not a life of "do it yourself" but a "remaining on the vine" and God will make the impossible possible. I love the Galatians 5:22 also :" But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfullness, gentleness, self-control". That is a mighty fine "tree" to have in one's spiritual garden. I for one need all of these fruits.  

Posted · Report post

Welcome to Worthy.