christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

* * * * * 1 votes love peace joy faith

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Serendipity

Serendipity
  • Members
  • 42 posts

I have been searching for over a year for a Christian site to share the love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  This site is exactly what I have been looking forward to being a part of.  Thank the Lord, HE revealed to me with Worthy Christian Forums this day.  I hope to strengthen my faith through finding fellow believers and sharing and learning more through this Christian experience.  I have experienced loss of close loved ones in my life and have felt much sadness since their passing.  I hope to find peace, joy, comfort through interaction with fellow members.  Thank you and blessings to you all!

Serendipity 

Edited by Serendipity, 29 July 2014 - 05:21 AM.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,708 posts
  • Interests:Books, classics, Italian/French
    Languages.
    Music. Classical, Sacred,Opera.
    Philosophy, Poetry.
    Social Anthropology.

Welcome to Worthy. 

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Interests:Reading the word and learning from it, spiritual and personal growth, being myself, my family and friends, my cat Bella, working as a nurse, traveling. :)

Welcome to worthy, Serendipity. May God Bless you!

May the Lord be your comfort and fill your heart with peace.

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Welcome to worthy

Serendipity

Serendipity
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Thank you every so kindly!! 

Serendipity

Serendipity
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Welcome to worthy

Thank you, Logan.  Getting acquainted with this site and looking forward  with my walk with Christ. 

Serendipity

Serendipity
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Thank you, I do believe this is the beginning to filling my heart with peace, joy, love and forgiveness. 

Serendipity

Serendipity
  • Members
  • 42 posts

You have all been most kind in welcoming me to Worthy.  My heart is deeply touched.  This is the place I need to be and belong.  God Bless you one and all!  Peace!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,023 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Welcome~!

Macs Son

Macs Son

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord, for He is most worthy to be served with all our hearts; and to keep learning as His Holy Spirit continues to teach, encourage, correct, as well as guide me by His Great Love. Knowing God to the full and being known by Him as His child is my soul. I want to worship God with all abilities He has graced me with; in song, in my work, in my living out this life that He gave me. Last of all, but not certainly not least, I am interested in learning to pray and love in the purity of Christ who transforms the mind and heart.
Welcome Serendipity,
I am sorry to hear of the loss of someone so dear to you sister. The fact that your heart has led you to seek your comfort in Christ and in Christian fellowship says a lot about you, so we are blessed to have you on the forums. May you be blessed in sharing Christ with all of us. Knowing Him and speaking about Him is something we never tire of, for He is our great love.
In Christ, Pat

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,308 posts
  • Interests:Jesus Christ & Him Crucified!!!

Welcome :)

Serendipity

Serendipity
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Welcome Serendipity,
I am sorry to hear of the loss of someone so dear to you sister. The fact that your heart has led you to seek your comfort in Christ and in Christian fellowship says a lot about you, so we are blessed to have you on the forums. May you be blessed in sharing Christ with all of us. Knowing Him and speaking about Him is something we never tire of, for He is our great love.
In Christ, Pat

Pat, I am grateful and deeply moved by your welcoming words to this soul.  Thank you for your gracious and kind words of comfort.  I have been seeking the comfort of Christ since the death of both my parents within a month of one another. I am also searching for growth and joy through faith and strength through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. 

In our Lords Holy Name!

Serendipity

Serendipity
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Welcome :)

Amen! :amen:  

dfarmer2001

dfarmer2001
  • Members *
  • 1 posts

God bless you sister. If you ever need anything prayer wise feel free to let me know. I am here to pray for thee. 

Macs Son

Macs Son

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord, for He is most worthy to be served with all our hearts; and to keep learning as His Holy Spirit continues to teach, encourage, correct, as well as guide me by His Great Love. Knowing God to the full and being known by Him as His child is my soul. I want to worship God with all abilities He has graced me with; in song, in my work, in my living out this life that He gave me. Last of all, but not certainly not least, I am interested in learning to pray and love in the purity of Christ who transforms the mind and heart.

Hi Again Serendipity,
God is a great comfort in times like this my sister. We just went through a similar loss. Less than 2 months ago we lost my wife's mom to a heart attack and less than 3 months prior to that we had lost her Dad to congestive heart failure. Bill and Evelyn had come to live with us these last 5 years and in many ways, having lost my own Mom and Dad some years ago, they really became like dear surrogate parents to me as well. We were always close before this but I grew to love them both even more living in our home. My respect over the years just kept growing for them both. Bill, who was a fiercely independent but very loving man, had decided to accept our invitation for them both to come and live with us about 5 years ago, after Evelyn began having some very severe health issues. He loved his independence but in comparison to his love for Evelyn it was no contest so they moved in. Now Evelyn continued to decline and went into rehab after neglecting to set the brake on her walker. It just flew away from her when she turned around and tried to close a door. She fell, breaking her wrist. So we'd take Dad up to see her every night after work. One morning while I still was getting ready for work, I heard a huge crash and breakfast dishes hitting the floor. Our youngest had just gotten off to school that morning and my wife Paula had just left for work. I called down from upstairs and asked if everything was okay but eerily I received no answer. So running downstairs I found Bill on the floor of our kitchen completely unresponsive, except for his eyes which told me everything I needed to know. He had just had a massive stroke. Despite getting him an ambulance and into the hospital in less than 30 minutes they unfortunately could do nothing for him. The clot that had lodged itself in a vessel which was feeding the left side of his brain was almost completely plaque and the so called miracle drug they gave him did little reduce the clot and get blood flowing there again. We prayed and prayed for him because in the early going it was very touch and go. The doctor's gave us little hope he'd survive the week and even mocked us telling us he was already pretty much gone but I knew it wasn't true. I had brought our son up to see him that night. He and his gramp were very close to each other. Now Bill had fought in the Philippines and Okinawa but he was a gentle soul too. He taught Patrick how to garden and taught him all the names of every bird that flew into his feeders. Those two were just simpatico. That night with gramps eyes were barely open at all as we spoke to him and prayed for him. Patrick was almost 15 at the time and he just gave Bill a hug and told him how much he loved him. Patrick began to cry and it was then that I noticed tears in Bill's eyes too. He was very much all there and his eyes told us all we needed to know. He made it out of there and into rehab and then home to us.

Now Bill had always been a very social person usually generating the majority of any conversation. He was a great guy to talk to and his memories extremely sharp and witty. However, after the stroke he could only mutter a few words and it could sometime be quite difficult to understand him. After mom's rehab was over we brought him home. My wife and her sister arranged to get some health care workers to help out, which really made that possible. Now Bill was so glad to be home again but the biggest difference maker was Paula's mom. She would wake him up every morning by saying, "Good morning dear, I love you so much". "I am so glad we're here together". It was the most beautiful example of love between those two and it spoke volumes to me of the power of love. It was so real and such a testimony to me how love triumphs over adversity.
Now just because Dad couldn't talk didn't mean he could no longer interact. I'd tell some dumb joke at the dinner table and he'd laugh or wink at me if no one else got it. They'd play some sort of scrabble and card game together. We'd watch movies. One I saw, which had a big effect on him was the "Hiding Place".
Even now I have to ask myself if I could go through what he did and be so full of life and love for his family. I really never once saw him feel sorry for himself. My respect for him just kept grew daily. And mom, who had been sick, just forced herself to be strong to take care of the one who had cared for her. We'd come home from work and they'd be out there sitting on the porch just enjoying nature and mostly just their time together.
Those last years that we were all together were very happy years despite the challenges, especially or my wife and her sister. Christ was also very much at work in our household and sometime I will share what the Lord did for us in those final days as they both passed from this life. We are very much at peace with what God gave us those last few years and so thankful for what He showed us in the end. The whole family really misses them and it has been hardest on Paula. God was both our comfort and strength throughout all of this and He continues to be in the aftermath as well. Through all this He has made His light and love known to the whole family and I pray also that He will be your great comfort and strength as well in the months and years as you remember your parents. I know we may not be able to grasp this now but I know and trust that the Lord shall dry ever tear. After all it is written in His Word and God is faithful with every promise we have in Him.

May God bless you in the knowledge of His Love, Pat

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts
  • Interests:Dog training, fellowshipping with my family at Worthy. Worshiping the Lord in song. Sharing Jesus with those who do not know Him.

Welcome to Worthy Serendipity,  Happy to have you here.

Because He Lives!  Rustyangel

Serendipity

Serendipity
  • Members
  • 42 posts

God bless you sister. If you ever need anything prayer wise feel free to let me know. I am here to pray for thee. 

dfarmer2001,

Being new to this amazing forum has touched me deeply.  I didn't know if I could ask for prayers this soon... I thank you for your word by letting me know you would pray for me.  I know everyone goes through difficulties during there life, be it a season of unfortunate emotional and or physical pain.  I suffer from both and I'm trying to find my way back into living again.  May the LORD bless you and keep you, Thank you for your kindness and offer of prayer.

Edited by Serendipity, 29 July 2014 - 09:55 PM.

Serendipity

Serendipity
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Welcome to Worthy Serendipity,  Happy to have you here.

Because He Lives!  Rustyangel

Thank you!  :mgcheerful:

Serendipity

Serendipity
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Hi Again Serendipity,
God is a great comfort in times like this my sister. We just went through a similar loss. Less than 2 months ago we lost my wife's mom to a heart attack and less than 3 months prior to that we had lost her Dad to congestive heart failure. Bill and Evelyn had come to live with us these last 5 years and in many ways, having lost my own Mom and Dad some years ago, they really became like dear surrogate parents to me as well. We were always close before this but I grew to love them both even more living in our home. My respect over the years just kept growing for them both. Bill, who was a fiercely independent but very loving man, had decided to accept our invitation for them both to come and live with us about 5 years ago, after Evelyn began having some very severe health issues. He loved his independence but in comparison to his love for Evelyn it was no contest so they moved in. Now Evelyn continued to decline and went into rehab after neglecting to set the brake on her walker. It just flew away from her when she turned around and tried to close a door. She fell, breaking her wrist. So we'd take Dad up to see her every night after work. One morning while I still was getting ready for work, I heard a huge crash and breakfast dishes hitting the floor. Our youngest had just gotten off to school that morning and my wife Paula had just left for work. I called down from upstairs and asked if everything was okay but eerily I received no answer. So running downstairs I found Bill on the floor of our kitchen completely unresponsive, except for his eyes which told me everything I needed to know. He had just had a massive stroke. Despite getting him an ambulance and into the hospital in less than 30 minutes they unfortunately could do nothing for him. The clot that had lodged itself in a vessel which was feeding the left side of his brain was almost completely plaque and the so called miracle drug they gave him did little reduce the clot and get blood flowing there again. We prayed and prayed for him because in the early going it was very touch and go. The doctor's gave us little hope he'd survive the week and even mocked us telling us he was already pretty much gone but I knew it wasn't true. I had brought our son up to see him that night. He and his gramp were very close to each other. Now Bill had fought in the Philippines and Okinawa but he was a gentle soul too. He taught Patrick how to garden and taught him all the names of every bird that flew into his feeders. Those two were just simpatico. That night with gramps eyes were barely open at all as we spoke to him and prayed for him. Patrick was almost 15 at the time and he just gave Bill a hug and told him how much he loved him. Patrick began to cry and it was then that I noticed tears in Bill's eyes too. He was very much all there and his eyes told us all we needed to know. He made it out of there and into rehab and then home to us.

Now Bill had always been a very social person usually generating the majority of any conversation. He was a great guy to talk to and his memories extremely sharp and witty. However, after the stroke he could only mutter a few words and it could sometime be quite difficult to understand him. After mom's rehab was over we brought him home. My wife and her sister arranged to get some health care workers to help out, which really made that possible. Now Bill was so glad to be home again but the biggest difference maker was Paula's mom. She would wake him up every morning by saying, "Good morning dear, I love you so much". "I am so glad we're here together". It was the most beautiful example of love between those two and it spoke volumes to me of the power of love. It was so real and such a testimony to me how love triumphs over adversity.
Now just because Dad couldn't talk didn't mean he could no longer interact. I'd tell some dumb joke at the dinner table and he'd laugh or wink at me if no one else got it. They'd play some sort of scrabble and card game together. We'd watch movies. One I saw, which had a big effect on him was the "Hiding Place".
Even now I have to ask myself if I could go through what he did and be so full of life and love for his family. I really never once saw him feel sorry for himself. My respect for him just kept grew daily. And mom, who had been sick, just forced herself to be strong to take care of the one who had cared for her. We'd come home from work and they'd be out there sitting on the porch just enjoying nature and mostly just their time together.
Those last years that we were all together were very happy years despite the challenges, especially or my wife and her sister. Christ was also very much at work in our household and sometime I will share what the Lord did for us in those final days as they both passed from this life. We are very much at peace with what God gave us those last few years and so thankful for what He showed us in the end. The whole family really misses them and it has been hardest on Paula. God was both our comfort and strength throughout all of this and He continues to be in the aftermath as well. Through all this He has made His light and love known to the whole family and I pray also that He will be your great comfort and strength as well in the months and years as you remember your parents. I know we may not be able to grasp this now but I know and trust that the Lord shall dry ever tear. After all it is written in His Word and God is faithful with every promise we have in Him.

May God bless you in the knowledge of His Love, Pat

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt story with me.  I am honored to read what you and your family have done for your in laws.  My mother lived with my husband and I and was an inspiration to the both of us for years.  She was the most selfless human being I've ever known in my life!  I'm not saying that because she was (is) my mother, but everyone said that about her.  She was truly a servant to others here on Earth and gave and gave more of herself...a true Christian woman, child of God.  On this very day, my husband and I took her to the ER as she was in physical agony and jaundice...I was in shock and the world that I formerly knew ceased to exist.  She was diagnosed with stage IV cancer, the bad kind, in the pancreas...the doctor had little bedside manner and barked out that she was going to die soon.  I felt an out of body experience watching my mother tremble with tears running down her cheeks.  I could hardly bare it and my husband was also in shock.  I never expected to hear that diagnosis, she was so young and had so much life to live.   Mom handled herself like a true christian soul and said, "I've lived a good life" - - she not once blamed God or anyone for cutting her life short.  I went into to shock and later ran out of the ER doors screaming and crying...and later collapsed.  So the memory of this particular date is most difficult to say the least.    

My husband was about to leave for job training out of state and we were in the process of picking out a home to be built and MOM had chosen her room, we made plans to move into our dream home with my mother living with us.  I wanted so much to give my mother the best of everything in life and it had seemed moving back to my home state, to a lovely home and Mom was so happy all to find out within a month she received this diagnosis.  I'll never forget July 29th for the rest of my life.  I know I'll see my mother and father some day, but I will forever miss them both.  

God Bless you again for sharing your story...  I know Mom is in heaven painting lovely paintings, planting flowers and serving our Lord as she did here on Earth.   Peace to you! 

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Interests:praising the Lord. Writing, computers
Welcome!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network