• Latest Posts

• Good day Vine Abider. To abide in the vine is to grow -action- in the vine and produce fruit I agree with Gods Word and what Christ Jesus said about loving Him. To Love is a verb, an Action Gods Word does say, that in the time of judgment many will come and say but we prayed , we did miracles in your name, and Christ Will say, depart from me you doers of lawlessness and wickedness. I don't know you. Why? because they never truly abide in Him, or seeked with their ALL to have a faithfull daily living relationship with Him and communing with Him Mathew ch7 :21-23 Christ Jesus said: Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? ' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness! To know Christ Jesus is to Love Him and want to love him and want to be faithful to Him and His Word. You cannot serve two masters   Matthew 6:24-26 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.   In a loving relationship you grow,  like the example Christ Jesus gave of the vine the branches grow from the vine and bear fruit, and the vine dresser prunes off, cuts of what branch is no good and bears no fruit.   John 15Christ Jesus said: 15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in Me and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in His love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, He may give it you. 17 These things I command you, that ye love one another. 18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not Him that sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin. 23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.   John 3:16 Christ Jesus said: 16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only begotten Son, DONE that whosoever believeth =(Verb/Action-) DO  in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    • That Dutch article said it. I thought it was weird too. I would say it depends very much on the church. I was in Toronto from the Toronto blessing and during the service people in the back gave whoever wanted one a very long prophecy. If 100 percent was not from God I'd believe it. The last time that I was in a service where whoever could go prophesy in a church was in the 90s. Then one woman had continually crazy stuff and rebuked people and they stopped it altogether.
    • Hey Dennis, as your post-script says, these are just my opinions. The application for us who are born again is to REST in the declarations of God. Heb 3:18  "And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief."  These are not 'unbelievers/unsaved' but believers not resting in the promise of God. The application for us is Heb 4:1  "Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it." Yep, this is their practice and doctrine, but the difference in them is that they aren't coming from a born again experience to begin with so are as un-saved Jews offering in-effective and worthless sacrifices. Their inability to correctly explain John 6 (eat my body and drink my blood) is where they come up with transubstantiation. Remember, they call their daily ceremony "The sacrifice of the Mass." There is much mixture of Judaism ceremony in the RCC tradition. (Miniature Holy of Holies on the alter where the "body of Christ" eucharists are hidden, etc.)   Blasphemy of the HS as the unpardonable sin is a tricky subject that I'm not sure about totally. I think that because it is the HS's job to present the Gospel to our spirits, that when someone rejects His prompting, they are saying the Gospel isn't true, it's a lie, and this would be blasphemy against Him. Attributing God's work as a work of Satan. As Jesus paid for ALL sins, then to categorize some as being worse than others not covered under His blood is not correct. Blasphemy against the HS is simply rejection of the Gospel. It is called a "sin" and thereby unpardonable until the person either repents and believes or they die and remain unsaved. There are many who reject the Gospel at first then come to faith, therefore the "unpardonable sin" is pardoned. These are grey areas for me though. It is like not calling faith "work". I know it is not a work yet we are making a decision to believe. Grey stuff to me.    
    • Yes that's at the end when we see Him as He is and God is all in all. Then they are not needed anymore. 
  • Who's Online

147 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. AmandaJean
      AmandaJean
      36 years old
    2. BlazyJon
      BlazyJon
      43 years old
    3. Elllie
      Elllie
      37 years old