christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Has anyone heard of Dr Henry Wright?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

anitarose

anitarose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone's heard of this man Dr Henry Wright. A number of our congregants have been to his "camp" in Georgia, including our pastor, and they have come back with "glowing reports"...but I have my doubts. Perhaps it's just my natural Thomas nature, but this is the third time the leadership of our church has tried to bring in a "deliverance" ministry, and it kinda bothers me. I mean, it could be just the thing I need, but I don't want to get swept away in some stupid thing that just doesn't help.

I'd like to hear anything anyone's heard of this guy.

a.

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts
Any idea where this guy's based? any other info on him that might help in a search, like a website for his ministry, etc.? I can do some searches later, but have to go to work right now . . . :)

anitarose

anitarose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Any idea where this guy's based? any other info on him that might help in a search, like a website for his ministry, etc.? I can do some searches later, but have to go to work right now . . . :)

I know he's in Georgia..Thomaston, I think...like I said everyone in my congregation, even my pastor, has been there. I just wonder about it...

Guest_TheChief_*

Guest_TheChief_*
  • Guests
I Googled the name and found the church site ( www.pleasantvalleychurch.net/ ). Their beliefs can be found there.

Da Servant

Da Servant

• PipPip
  • 211 posts
Be careful with him. He sounds David Koresh-y. The Holy Ghost is telling you to beware him. If anyone tells you you can be rid of devils harrassing you, it is a lie. It may be unintentional, but it is a lie. I fear the Lord. I am approved of him. I can tell you with absolute certainty that them that fear the Lord will have demonic attacks, especially the closer you grow to God and the longer you walk with him.

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,814 posts

Be careful with him. He sounds David Koresh-y. The Holy Ghost is telling you to beware him. If anyone tells you you can be rid of devils harrassing you, it is a lie. It may be unintentional, but it is a lie. I fear the Lord. I am approved of him. I can tell you with absolute certainty that them that fear the Lord will have demonic attacks, especially the closer you grow to God and the longer you walk with him.

Let's not hijack the thread. If you're going to post things like this, how about sources, scripture, and starting another thread.

phillip44

phillip44
  • 2 posts

Let's not hijack the thread. If you're going to post things like this, how about sources, scripture, and starting another thread.

phillip44

phillip44
  • 2 posts

I have been to Thomaston and took For Your Life. I like Henry Wright but there are a lot of issues with him, Number one the allegation he raised Pastor Caspar Mccloud from the dead during a service which he personally knows( because I personally gave him the data) is problematic because Caspar Mccloud's real name or birth name is Michael Roth and he an alleged Jewish con man from Cleveland Ohio not an international rock star, great artistic talent of the quality of one of the old masters etc. It appears Henry will not back off of the claim, much less investigate it, because Caspar's resurrection is drawing students to his programs like flies to an outhouse. I heard a lot about Henry and his miracles when I have been at Pleasant Valley but little about thanks to God for what he has done. Henry is hard for me to digest because I believe people are healed but there are such gapes in his teachings and it so focused on him personally plus he has some good to the core Christian believers that surround him who just cannot see it.

tmc

tmc
  • 1 posts
Don't know Henry directly, just what I've heard from Caspar McCloud, which is all positive. As for the post referring to Caspar's background above, that likely came from an "article" (http://www.clevescen...ent?oid=1505142) that describes Caspar's painful background (which he doesn't like to talk about) and is highly distorted.

Edited by tmc, 15 February 2011 - 06:48 PM.

john1962

john1962
  • 2 posts

Don't know Henry directly, just what I've heard from Caspar, which is all positive. As for the post referring to Caspar's background, that likely came from an "article" (http://www.clevescen...ent?oid=1505142) that describes Caspar's painful background (which he doesn't like to talk about) and is highly distorted.

john1962

john1962
  • 2 posts
As to self ordained Pastors Caspar McCloudand his creator self ordained Pastor Henry Wright, sadly as a member of Caspar's Church, The Upper Room, I had the obilgation to investigate Caspar's background and found the allegations contained in the article published in the Cleveland Scene about him are materially correct- that is why no retraction of the article was ever asked for or a libal suit was filed- truth being the untimate defense. Further, Pastor Caspar admited in a church service in my presence that his personal physician who was in attendence where Pastor Henry Wright allegedly raised him from the dead had revised her medical opionion from 'Caspar being raised from the dead" to " medically revived" (people routinely are "revived" in emergency rooms all over this country everyday- somtimes spountaniously with no outside intervention). It does no good to rehash all this deception any further. To me Pastor Caspar and Pastor Henry speak to God can use anything, incluiding Satan and his minions financially and emotionally feasting off belivers, His wonders to perform. The bottom line is not that satan lives in pastors but that God prevails!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network