1. Christian Discussions

1. Study Group

Join our online studies! Only those part of the ministry can start topics in this forum, although anyone may reply to any topic started!

Online forum for users to post their Bible studies.

1. General

All videos are will be reviewed before being published on WCF.

1. 46.6k

Live-blogging events, posting interesting Op-Eds and tidbits, that are relevant — but not necessarily something we can publish on Worthy News.

1. Worthy Devotions

...read our Bible based daily devotions from Israel.

• It would be a moot point to figure who really owned the lost coins. The juke box customer? the juke box company? the proprietor of the property where the juke box was installed? (I read a story about a juke box installer who turned out to be a Soviet spy.....)
    • @johnpegasis7 I do not know what to say, but what someone should do if there is no Catholic church or a Catholic Priest and there is not time. 
    • I didn't peg the end of the Jewish age as the resurrection.  The resurrection of all believers will occur 'when He comes', a clear reference to the Second Advent.  Which occurs at the end of the Tribulation. Could you quote a post where your claim is refering to? Simply the fact that the New Jerusalem has 12 foundations, with the names of the apostles on them.  One name per foundation.  Consider Matthias.  Who came up with the plan?   Acts 1:15 - In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty) v.20 - “For,” said Peter, “it is written in the Book of Psalms:  “‘May his place be deserted; let there be no one to dwell in it,’ =nd, “‘May another take his place of leadership.’   v.21 - Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us, beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.” It was Peter's idea.  He didn't have the best reputation among the disciples during the Lord's ministry.  Actually, none of them did.  They were scared to death in the violent storm when Jesus was sleeping.  They had no faith.   It was men who chose the 2 for God to choose.  The plan didn't come from God at all.  Paul's choice was crystal clear from the start.  No human was involved in that choice. Acts 9:5 - “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.  “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. 6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.” This was Paul's election.  And what he was chosen to do. Act 9:15 - But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 - I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.” This choice was only of God.  Unlike the choice of Matthias.  And compare the coverage of Paul's ministry compared to whatever Matthias did.  No comparison.  Paul did more and wrote more than any other apostle.  Paul even had to brace Peter for his cowardice. Where did I decide that?  It was not until that ragtag group received the Holy Spirit did they accomplish anything.  They were trained by Jesus.  But they needed the indwelling Holy Spirit and His filling to serve God according to His will. Because that was part of the GC. That would refer to what people are born with.  The indwelling and filling of the Spirit is for service to God.  And supercedes any 'natural talent' that people may have. Did Jesus waste His time then?  And that would make Matt 28:20 irrelevant. I never said that.  There were many Jews in Jerusalem who were being evangelized by the apostles.  They needed training.   Just as Jesus commanded them to do.  "teach them everything I have commanded you".  That's the training. And yet, none of them were present when Jesus told "the eleven" the GC.  That's the point. No.  They just rolled the dice, and the "winner" was Matthias.  How often does his name come up outside of Acts 1? I will await any evidence you may find.   In Rom 10:10 Paul used the word 'sozo' for deliverance from God's wrath against disobedience.  See ch 1:18.   For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. The red words refer to eternal soul salvation.  The blue words refer to deliverance from God's wrath against sin.   Notice where believing comes from:  the heart.  The mouth professes one's faith, but isn't the source of salvation in the sense of eternal soul salvation.  Professing one's faith is an act of obedience and lifestyle.  Those who comply will be delivered from God's wrath.   Yes, Paul is warning believers about God's wrath against sin, which includes the sin of believers.  Heb 12:11 says that God's discipline is painful.   A bit of a broad brush here.  Some gifts clearly are speaking gifts, such as found in Eph 4:11.  However, spiritual gifts are for the building up of the saints.  That involves SERVICE to others. I'm curious as to why there seems to be so much resistance to 'training'?   I think you have missed the point. And you must do what you feel obliged to do.  But not everyone is commanded to fulfill the GC.  That was very specific, and to a very specific group of men.  They were commissioned to build the church (body of Christ) in the 1st Century.  In fact, they established the church. Great questions!  It seems that John had lost his faith in his cousin, the man he preached was the "Savior of the world".  Certainly John was at a low point.  Remember that the indwelling Holy Spirit was not for every believer.  In fact, only a very few believers were indwelt with the Spirit, and usually for specific work, like being king, prophet, or the skilled artisans who built the tabernacle, etc. Jesus quoted directly from the OT to John's disciples, that proved that He WAS the Messiah.   It is clear that John had believed in the Messiah, or Paul couldn't have said this about him: Acts 19:4 - Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” He was obviously saved.   {Edit}  after posting this, I couldn't find Ad Hoc's post that I replied to.  What's going on?
    • As a young kid I discovered back then, 50's,  that when people drop coins when getting a coke or cigarette vending machine etc, they just leave them if they roll under the machine. I would get a stick and  pull them out, getting enough to get some candy. Once I found a large pile of coins under a juke box, all to one side.  I wondered why that was. The juke box was enclosed within a small shed building and the door was shut and locked at night. The sides were very tight against the juke box. I started reaching in and with touch found a coin return slot crammed full to over flowing.... For a kid it was a great find and I never told anyone about the discovery. I lived on ice cold chocolate eclairs with lemon filling till I got sick...  
    • You remind me of a poem by A E Houseman, along the lines of, When I was a young man I went to the fair, but didn't have enough pennies. Now I have plenty pennies, but where is the young man?...........
  • Who's Online

• Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. Dahtra
      Dahtra
      41 years old
    2. elsie
      elsie
      65 years old
    3. prisca_joks
      prisca_joks
      26 years old