christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Marijuana Question

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
112 replies to this topic

j102

j102

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

To recreationally use anything that alters one's state of mind is wrong.

Why is a little mood elevation wrong? Is it wrong to enjoy your home team winning a game?

Are you of the opinion that wine in the Bible was just grape juice?

This is more wickedness that will only lead to trouble. Who are the suppliers of this drug? EVIL MEN. Shortly after 9-11, commercial appeared on American TV stating that to use marijuana and other drugs was to help terrorists. Now we legalize it? More national hypocrisy. It makes me wanna hurl.

You're blaming 9-11 on marijuana?

The only way to get drugs out of the hands of organized crime is to legalize them.

Being happy over your home team winning a game is not the same as using a drug recreationally which can alter your mind. That's a ridiculous comparison.

No, oinos means fermented wine, and again, there's a big difference. One can use alcohol responsibly. Wine grapes are grown by responsible people; marijuana is not.

I was referring to the commercials which the government put on TV after 9-11 which equaled buying drugs to helping terrorists. And it does. There is a sub-set of terrorists who grow both pot and poppies for heroin and make sure they make their way to US shores. They use the cash from their ill-gotten gain to buy weapons and fund more terror.

Legalizing drugs will allow the cartels more inroad into the US. They are particularly violent sons of the devil and they have no qualms about murdering you, your wife, your kids and your friends. Ask anyone who lives in Mexico or Central America where the cartels hold sway. If cartels are allowed to import their wares, what do you think will happen if you don't pay for that shipment on time? We're not talkin' being late on your car payment here. That was a silly thing to say. You certainly didn't think it through very well.

i dont get your logic- you say that money from illegal drugs funds terrorist, but if we remove them from the black market and make some of the drugs legal that the money will still go to terrorist. please explain this

Bold Believer

Bold Believer

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts
"I dont get your logic- you say that money from illegal drugs funds terrorist, but if we remove them from the black market and make some of the drugs legal that the money will still go to terrorist. please explain this."

1. All the laws of Colorado do is make PERSONAL USE 'legal'. The drugs themselves still come from illegal sources: DRUG CARTELS. Drug cartels are in bed with the Taliban.

2. Killing Jews in Nazi Germany was legal also. That didn't make it moral. Drugs are immoral. They poison the body God has given us.

3. Drugs are occultic. They are used in rituals to worship Satan. Do you want that trash in your country? I DON'T.

G23

G23
  • Members
  • 20 posts
I don't think Christians should smoke weed/cigarettes or drink alcohol. If I have an entire conversation with a guy about our Savior Jesus Christ and about living our lives serving the Lord... and then he watches me walk over to take a seat and light up a joint or pop open a beer, he's not going to care about anything I said about God. He won't take me serious anymore. He would probably just label me as a pot head or a drunk and most likely be discouraged. So why do something that will cause my brother to stumble?

Bold Believer

Bold Believer

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts
And what if he reads the Scripture and sees that Jesus enjoyed alcohol responsibly? Alcohol is permitted in Scripture. Even the very Son of God used it. Alcohol doesn't make every Believer stumble, only some. That should be taken into account when weighing such things out. Drugs on the other hand (illicit drugs) are not mentioned in Scripture. We can reasonably say that they are poison because we see the effects of them. We also see the kinds of people who grow and distribute them. Big difference.

G23

G23
  • Members
  • 20 posts
So as long as it only makes some, but not all believers stumble, it's ok? If someone says "one drink won't get me drunk" or "two drinks won't get me drunk" or "one more won't get me drunk".... why would he try to get as close to the edge as possible? Why not RUN AWAY from it instead? Run away from sin, run away from "almost" getting drunk, run away from "almost" getting buzzed or tipsy, which would most likely lead to getting drunk. Instead of trying to find ways to get as close as possible to falling, just stay away from it completely.

BlessedByTheBest

BlessedByTheBest

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Romans 14:13-23
13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,084 posts

Now that marijuana is legal in Colorado and Washington, would it still be wrong for Christians to smoke it in those states?

If it is immoral to partake in something that alters one's mind before it is made legal, what makes it suddenly moral now? We cannot depend on secular society and government to determine for us what is moral, or immoral, or what is sin and what isn't. That is most obvious!

Mark 7:15
It’s not what goes into your body that defiles you; you are defiled by what comes from your heart.”

It's a heart issue. If we serve God, and seek Him diligently, then we know what His will is for us concerning such a matter---ingesting substances for recreational use is the sin of sorcery.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Do you honestly think Jesus would toke?

You said a whole lot in that little sentence. :thumbsup: :)

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,212 posts
Please remember to debate the subject and not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember to respect each other in the love of God!

God bless,
GE

A few reminders from the ToS...

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating.

Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

If you have a problem with any of the Moderators or Chat admin, please keep it private. The moderation team serves this ministry on a voluntary basis. They are human beings and make mistakes. If you disagree with one of their decisions, make use of the PM system or email or the Repost Post button to get satisfaction. (Matt. 18:15)

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,640 posts
I cautioned about turning this tread into a pharmaceutical argument. I am giving this one last warning. This thread is discussing pot, not the whole realm of drugs. Start another thread about this subject if you want to cintinue discussing it and i will move the posts there. Otherwise, it will be closed.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

I cautioned about turning this tread into a pharmaceutical argument. I am giving this one last warning. This thread is discussing pot, not the whole realm of drugs. Start another thread about this subject if you want to cintinue discussing it and i will move the posts there. Otherwise, it will be closed.

Done.

http://www.worthychr...71#entry1905371

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,640 posts

Done.

http://www.worthychr...71#entry1905371

THANK YOU!

All posts pertaining to the pharmaceutical argument is now in the new thread.

walla299

walla299

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,742 posts

Do you honestly think Jesus would toke?

You said a whole lot in that little sentence. :thumbsup: :)

:laugh:

Yes, they did. I honestly can't see Jesus hittin' the ol' bong . . . :whistling:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network