christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you reading?

reading books

• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

Kenitay

Kenitay
  • Members
  • 7 posts

I am currently reading a book called Release the Power of Prayer, by George Muller. :) A German(from Prussia then, in the 1800s) Christian who raised several orphanages in England, someone who put his faith in the Lord for all his needs. It's a short, but amazing book... I am reading it carefully. I believe there's more books on him, but this one focuses on having faith in God and all the prayers that have been answered.

momthebomb

momthebomb
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Web buff. Total analyst. Award-winning student. Lifelong explorer. Coffee evangelist. Tv fan.

Right now I'm reading the novel called The Laughing Monsters, by Denis Johnson. It's about a person called Roland Nair who calls himself Scandinavian but travels using a U.S. passport. After ten years of absence, he returns to the capital of Sierra Leone, Freetown, to reunite with his friend. Once upon a time, they had  made a lot of money here during the country's civil war, and curious to see whether they will be lucky another time around, Roland allows himself to be drawn back to a region he considers hopeless.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network