christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you reading?

reading books

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

Kenitay

Kenitay
  • Members
  • 7 posts

I am currently reading a book called Release the Power of Prayer, by George Muller. :) A German(from Prussia then, in the 1800s) Christian who raised several orphanages in England, someone who put his faith in the Lord for all his needs. It's a short, but amazing book... I am reading it carefully. I believe there's more books on him, but this one focuses on having faith in God and all the prayers that have been answered.

momthebomb

momthebomb
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Web buff. Total analyst. Award-winning student. Lifelong explorer. Coffee evangelist. Tv fan.

Right now I'm reading the novel called The Laughing Monsters, by Denis Johnson. It's about a person called Roland Nair who calls himself Scandinavian but travels using a U.S. passport. After ten years of absence, he returns to the capital of Sierra Leone, Freetown, to reunite with his friend. Once upon a time, they had  made a lot of money here during the country's civil war, and curious to see whether they will be lucky another time around, Roland allows himself to be drawn back to a region he considers hopeless.

Roman150

Roman150

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Music performance and production, mini bikes and scooters, guns and range shooting, vinyl records and other vintage media, classic film, thrift shopping, dogs, reading, Bible, and church.

How Green Was My Valley, by Richard Llewellyn.  In *beautiful* prose, often bordering on poetry, it is a man's reminiscence of his life in a Welsh coal mining town.  It is warm, funny, tragic, occasionally shocking, and rife with Biblical references and principles.  I find it hard to put down.

John Ford did a movie adaptation in 1941, and it won many Oscars.  It is among my favorite films.

Edited by Roman150, 28 February 2015 - 09:38 PM.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,081 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

right now nothing.    I'm watching all the seasons of Downton Abby...

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts
  • Interests:Reading,cross stitch,Jigsaw Puzzles and I love to bake.

I am going to be reading Joel Rosenberg's book "The Third Target".I hope I like it.I understand it is just what is happening now in the ME with ISIS.I have read that the book ends abruptly with no end.There will be another book in the series.

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

im reading being a servant of God by Warren Wiersbe its very good so far.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,081 posts

don't know how many can read this tonight, but  "Obama's Enemy List"   is free on Amazon Kindle today...   I don't know when they will put the regular price on it.  I just now discovered it and thought I'd share with as many as might read this.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

right now nothing.    I'm watching all the seasons of Downton Abby...

I finished them~~~they're good :) Enjoy!

IainL

IainL
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Music, art, history, science (especially social sciences), languages, cultures, outdoors, games (chess epecially), sport (tennis, cricket, rugby etc) and more

I have not been reaing s much as I would like . Recently I have read Pocket Full of Rye by Agatha Christy and I have sort of started on Nemesis which is also by her. I was busy reading Jeremy Clarkson's book Is It Really Too Much to Ask. Very funny.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,081 posts

I got a message about 10 PM last night that a book was being offered free on Amazon Kindle....   it's name is"Obama's Enemy List.    It's a book about how he got elected.   I'll be starting it tomorrow.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts
  • Interests:Christianity, History, Politics, Crossword Puzzles, Romance Novels, Sappy Movies, Cool Summer Nights.

Two books at once:

The Big Book Of Bible Answers by Ron Rhodes, and Does God Believe In Atheists by John Blanchard.

Eragon

Eragon

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Jesus Christ, Reading, Studying (sometimes)
    Science, Acting, Greek Mythology,
    My friends(those who are on this forum,
    and those who I know in person),
    Online quizzes, All 14 of my siblings,

The Hunger Games, duh that's what I've been reading. :)

Also Percy Jackson and the Olympians is a great series by Rick Riordan, well, once you get past the occasional swearing. I've whited out the swearing in my copies.

Little House on the Prairie: those books are awesome.

Narnia is cool!

I've also been reading:

The Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner

The Giver, Gathering Blue, Son, Messenger: the four book series by Lois Lowry

The City of Ember 

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,081 posts

I'm reading a book that one of our own just finished and is about to be released.   Rollinthunder has a very good book about the Rapture and who will be ready.     I got in trouble by posting the URL of a book ordering site.  I think if you search Tate publishing "who will be ready" you should be able to find it.....     it is very well written.

Freebie

Freebie
  • Members
  • 7 posts

The book I am reading is a book the women bible study is studying from and that is "Your Scars Are Beautiful To God" by Sharon Jaynes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reading, books

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network