christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Willful Sinning or Repentance?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

christofarmor

christofarmor
  • 2 posts

What if you cheated some in high school and some in college? Wouldn't you be willfully sinning, knowing you may have cheated in school and asked God for forgiveness which is sorta like a thief repenting but, still taking the stolen property? Or does God take away that sin once you repented and ask for forgiveness and that wouldn't count? Even if you did accepted Christ before or after? It would always be there on your transcript which would be a lie? What about a future job? Even confessing it to the teachers/professors without them giving you severe consequences? Does that mean you have quit college and go back to high school? Or if you are in college, going back to high school, which I'm not sure is even possible? Then again, they kicked God out of schools. Wouldn't that be true extreme repentance or not really or it being selfish?

WIP

WIP

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Hi there and welcome :grin:

When sin is confessed and repented of The Lord is faithful and just to forgive your sins...you don't have to carry around that burden of sin...its gone.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,466 posts

Welcome~!

~

What if you cheated some in high school and some in college?

Wouldn't you be willfully sinning, knowing you may have cheated in school and asked God for forgiveness which is sorta like a thief repenting but, still taking the stolen property?

Or does God take away that sin once you repented and ask for forgiveness and that wouldn't count?

Even if you did accepted Christ before or after?

It would always be there on your transcript which would be a lie?

What about a future job?

Even confessing it to the teachers/professors without them giving you severe consequences?

Does that mean you have quit college and go back to high school?

Or if you are in college, going back to high school, which I'm not sure is even possible?

Then again, they kicked God out of schools.

Wouldn't that be true extreme repentance or not really or it being selfish?

~

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalms 139:23-24

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

Psa 103:11-13  For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;  (12)  as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.  (13)  As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Blessings cristofarmor,

Welcome to Worthy.....Once you have repented & asked the Lords forgiveness you are forgiven...that is it,having placed your sins under the Blood of Christ you are spotless,blameless,without stain or wrinkle....you are reconciled back to the Father & He promises to remember your sin no more.....

But man is not God and sin does have its consequences .....reprocussions because of that sin.I don't fully understand the way you have worded the OP what is selfish & wouldn't "what:''be extreme repentance?,I think you may have left out a few prepositions & I only understand half of what you said. Something like "cheating" in college would probably lead to at least a suspension if not being expelled & I would think it would go on your permanent records........Just because God has forgiven you does not mean the rest of the world will.

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network