christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Holy, or just "Busy on Sundays?"

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Isaiah 6:8

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,873 posts

I watched a documentary called "Beware of Christians" on netflix and something they said stuck with me. While they were in Amsterdam, If I remember correctly ,  they asked an atheist if they had any Christian friends, they said "yes." When asked if they were any different, they said, "Yes they are busy on sundays" That is a challenge to us all, lets not be the same as the world just "Busy on sundays" Lets always be different, Holy is defined as "to be set apart for a special purpose" 

Romans 12

New King James Version (NKJV)
Living Sacrifices to God

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,525 posts

you sound like my pastor...

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,873 posts

:)

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,761 posts

The only problem with this is Saturday is the seventh day of the week, not Sunday.  Sunday was never considered the Sabbath day.  There are questions over whether or not Christians are obligated to observe the Sabbath today, but if they are, it would be Saturday. 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network