christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Words Without Knowledge

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,705 posts

Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?  Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.  Job 38:1,2

Most people are familiar with the story of Job.  We know that God tested Job by allowing the devil to take away all of his possessions and his family.  We know how Job's friends came to him to try to give him counsel.  One by one, they all wanted to speak, as they all thought they had the answers as to why he was going through the tragedies in his life.  Some of the answers sounded good, and every one of them thought they were 100 percent correct in their judgment, and they all thought they had the wisdom of God.  All of them were wrong.  After listening to all of them speak, God had enough, and here we see his response to them. 

God taught me something when I read this passage.  What I learned is that no matter how certain we are, no matter how wise we think we are, and no matter how much knowledge we have obtained from personal study, we can be wrong.  I can be wrong, and my critics can be wrong.  We come together at WB and we discuss all kinds of topics.  People ask questions, and the Worthy family comes together to share their wisdom and knowledge, and we all think we are correct.  Why would anyone post something they know to be a lie?  Only a troll and an outright deceiver would do such a thing, and while I know those people come here and post from time to time, most believe what they say to be correct.  Like Job's friends, we think we are the smartest, and the one who makes the most sense.  What God showed me one day when I read this passage is that we can do everything in our power to study to show ourselves approved, and still get it wrong.  The only one with perfect knowledge is God himself. 

Whenever someone comes in here and starts a thread or asks a question, and I give a response, it is my best answer based on personal study.  I am not God, and I am subject to making mistakes.  Don't get me wrong.  I believe I am correct every time, but Job's friends thought they were right in everything they said.  What none of us will want to one day hear is God rebuking us with the words he rebuked Job with in this passage,  "Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?"

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,653 posts
Whenever someone comes in here and starts a thread or asks a question, and I give a response, it is my best answer based on personal study. 

I am not God, and I am subject to making mistakes. 

Don't get me wrong. 

I believe I am correct every time, but Job's friends thought they were right in everything they said. 

What none of us will want to one day hear is God rebuking us with the words he rebuked Job with in this passage,  "Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?"

:thumbsup:

Because Of Him

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

The Saints Come Marching In

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network