christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Newbie Question

* * * * * 2 votes against god

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

notesbog

notesbog
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Hello Everyone, I just joined. I have a question for you guys. When I was reading through the rules for warning points and banning it said

"People who post against God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible will be subject to immediate moderator review or ban."

What exactly does this mean? I am a Christian, and I believe in the Trinity. However, does this mean there can't be any questions that are suggesting God doesn't exist or did Jesus actually walked on earth?

Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,637 posts
"People who post against God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible will be subject to immediate moderator review or ban."

What it means is that as a Christian Ministry site we welcome genuine questions. An atheist posting on a thread stating he does not think God exists is fine, but to be disrespectful to God is not. As you find your way around the site you will soon get the hang of it. So the word against is important in the context of the TOS you mention.

Welcome to Worthy!

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts
Welcome to Worthy!! You will enjoy yourself here and become more confident and understanding of the rules as time goes.

notesbog

notesbog
  • Members
  • 5 posts

thank you friends. I appreciate it!

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts

Blessings notesbog

Welcome to Worthy.............It sounds like your questions will be sincere & you have nothing to be concerned about,it is all a matter of respect.......we ,as Christians show respect to everyone & expect to receive the same,it is quite simple.I hope you will enjoy it here at Worthy & feel free to ask anything that is in your heart..................& to God be the Glory!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,023 posts

Welcome~!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts

Welcome to Worthy. 

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Hello Everyone, I just joined. I have a question for you guys. When I was reading through the rules for warning points and banning it said

What exactly does this mean? I am a Christian, and I believe in the Trinity. However, does this mean there can't be any questions that are suggesting God doesn't exist or did Jesus actually walked on earth?

Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Best you ask a moderator (or at least that a moderator detail it, and one already has).  They can make mistakes too; fact.

Believe me, I've been around the block a few times, and have been a member of multiple online forums.  I've been in unmoderated ones in which cursing and other obscenities are just not part of the culture, and I've been in scholarly threads which require a $10-$20 monthly subscription and there is profanity being spewed left, right and center.  Amazing stuff.  For nearly 15 years, I've had multiple conversations and debates with Jehovahs Witnesses, Mormons, Muslims, Nation of Islamist, Rastafarians, Hebrew Israelites, Catholics, Seventh Day Adventists, Athiests, Agnostics, skeptics, and ... outright crazy people, some of whom are very disrespectful.  Oh, and not to mention the wacko Christians - the unlearned and the unchurched who think that they are overnight scholars just because they can type in an open-ended thread.  Paperless scholars - each and every one of them.  WorthyChristian is very strong in policies, but not necessarily admirable in judgment.  I personally prefer proper judgment and discernment over policies, but that is just my level of spirituality and understanding of the Character of God, and what He expects from us.  In the end, there is One Judge anyway.  And He will Judge the judged, and the judgers (especially the judgers, for those who desire to be in "leadership" positions will face a far worst Judgment).  Best you fear and obey Him, even above the desires of man.  Speak the TRUTH (and own up to your mistakes when you make them)!

All I can say is what appears to be obvious - don't disrepect God.  Don't disrespect His Holy Word That is pretty much what they are asking you for.  This forum is designed for Christains, I assume. 

I personally wouldn't say "God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit".  I don't seperate God like that.  God is God.  He is all Three.  It still amazes me how some Christains struggle with the Trinity.  It seems that Christians don't seem to understand when Jesus says "God" and when He says "Father" and its context.  When He says God, He means God - the union.  When He says "Father", He is detailing the person of that member.  So, "don't disrecpt God."

And, since King David wrote, "Thy Word is above ALL Thy name" ... well, we know that God Himself honors His Word above even His names.  So, honor it in return.  And as I tell people everywhere, be careful when debating it.  It is not some novel to be handled with malcontempt.  Know that the Scribe will face the same judgment as the Pharisee.  So, my advice is to be careful.

"Woe to you Scribes and you Pharisees" - Jesus

So many people overlook the "scribe".  You type don't you?  Therefore, you are scribing.  In fact, people online tend to dishonor and lie and distort far more than people in real life.  Maybe there is a reason Jesus mentioned the scribe first.

But good for you.  You've read through the rules.  That is a good start (i didn't) because every forum is a little different.

Welcome to worthy.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

"Woe to you Scribes and you Pharisees" - Jesus

So many people overlook the "scribe".  You type don't you?  Therefore, you are scribing.  In fact, people online tend to dishonor and lie and distort far more than people in real life.  Maybe there is a reason Jesus mentioned the scribe first.

But good for you.  You've read through the rules.  That is a good start (i didn't) because every forum is a little different.

Welcome to worthy.

A 'scribe' is actually one who records the words and thoughts of others; much like a court stenographer today.  I believe most of us here are detailing our own thoughts. 

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!

Peace to you and G-d bless,

PrairWarur

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Hello Notebogs, and welcome toe Worthy.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network