christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The I.S.I.S

* * * * * 1 votes Power base of Gl. Leader.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Being a current event I thought it would be good to bring together some thoughts on this topic. As I`ve said before I believe God`s word says that Islam will be the Final Global Ruler that oversees the Global Government now forming. And as we see more conflict in the Middle East I thought I would recap on some important points.

Bernard Lewis, the American Historian of Islamic affairs said -

`The Gulf war was a signal that the end of the cold war does not mean the beginning of peace, but the beginning of a new form of war - a war being waged by Moslem Fundamentalists - against the West.`

The Gulf War has made a decisive impact throughout the Middle East & beyond. The resulting effect was to create a new alignment of nations previously considered of second-class status. This is causing a remarkable shift in the balance of power. It will eventually forge a confederation (I believe God`s word says) of great prophetic significance, precisely foretold 25 centuries ago.

Increasing tensions & recent developments in that area have made it conspicuously obvious that the world finds itself confronting the consequences of the global march of Islam. The most sadistic & formidable confederacy ever encountered, is emerging from the obscurity, frustration & economic deprivation of centuries. Their complete ruthlessness has been shocking & vividly demonstrated by the Saddam Hussein regime, & now in Iraq & Syria.

The 2 branches of Islam - Sunni & Shi-ite Moslems continue to have conflict. Their polarisation will continue to create tension & turmoil. It will inhabit this confederacy realising its full potential. Eventually, however (I believe God`s word tells us) that a paramount dictator will emerge from their midst). he will unite them into the invincible ruthless super-power that will dominate the whole world.

I will speak more on this & how I believe it will unfold.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,622 posts

I've studied Islam for many years, and I don't see how any Muslim would follow anyone who calls himself God or in their case Allah.   Even the twelfth Imam would never call himself God.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Blessings other one...

Do they believe in reincarnation?   ie:muhammed?                                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,622 posts

Blessings other one...

Do they believe in reincarnation?   ie:muhammed?                                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

Not in the general thoughts of reincarnation.......   they do believe more in a resurrection....       they even believe that Jesus is going to return........   and tell us that Mohammad was right and we should all be Muslims.   There is a difference in what Shia and Sunni expect to happen, in that the Shia believe that the twelfth Imam (that disappeared a long time ago) will reappear and lead Islam into world domination, but he does not have the characteristics of the entity we generally think of as the antichrist, and would never under any circumstances consider himself as higher than God.    Islam would have to be seriously hijacked for that to happen and it would basically change the whole religious side of Islam.

I can see Islam being used to foment the chaos necessary for the whole world to turn to the entity we would note as the antichrist by those setting things up for his rule though.

But, I do have some good friends that I made at ProphechNewsWatch that  think that Marilyn is right.....   we've had some  long discussions about it. So take what I post as simply a personal opinion...   

inchrist

inchrist

Advanced Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Christianity

The Return of the 12th Imam

Matthew 24:14 Jesus will come after His followers spread His Good News throughout the world. Mahdi will return when his followers create chaos and death in the world. Mahdi will return just before the end of the world.

The antichrist will appear as the 7 years of Tribulation begins amid horrendous world chaos. Mahdi’s appearance will supposedly be preceded by a number of prophetic events during 3 years of horrendous world chaos tyranny and oppression.

The antichrist will move his seat of power from the E.U. to Jerusalem where multitudes will pledge allegiance to him. Mahdi will move his seat of power from Medina to Mecca where thousands will pledge allegiance to him.

The antichrist will force people to worship him or be beheaded. Mahdi will supposedly force people to convert to Islam or be beheaded.

The antichrist will be given control of the earth during the 7 years of Tribulation. Mahdi will rule over the Arabs and world for 7 years.

The antichrist will setup a one world religion and government. Mahdi will setup a one world religion and government.

The antichrist will come in peace, but eradicate all that oppose him and demand people worship him. Mahdi will supposedly exterminate all tyranny and oppression bringing harmony and total peace.

The antichrist will proclaim himself as God in the Jewish Temple with the False Prophet at his side. Mahdi will supposedly lead a prayer in Mecca in which Jesus will be at his side as his lieutenant.

Edited by inchrist, 19 June 2014 - 09:43 AM.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Blessings other one  and inChrist

Oh,other one,,,,,I do understand that is your opinion & I do also take it for what it is worth(as I do not know much about Islam).....I have read the Qur'an a million years ago & remember very little (except that Muhammed was an evil madman,a lunatic),,,,,,,I was curious about whether they believed in reincarnation because I thought I had remembered reading what i thought sounded like that but now you have explained what I  recall and it is a resurrection................warped,a really twisting of the Old Testament,rejection of Jesus' deity, just idolatry ,falsehhoods & blasphemy

Thank you inChrist,for your commentary comparing this 12th Inam to Revelation,it just confirms how the devil ALWAYS tells the biggest lies by intermingling it with half truths,he is insidious

God bless you,Love-Kwik

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

EZEKIEL 38-39

The end of Islam completely or a new beginning for this terrible curse?

You decide - I can't!

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Some very interesting discussion going on. Thank you all for your contributions.

other one -  I get Prophecy News Watch also & appreciate their gathering of info.

kwikphilly - good thoughts & questions.

inchrist - thanks also for that interesting info. I would just add that the Global Leader will move the economic aspect of the global government from the EU to Babylon & then to Jerusalem.

Oakwood - The war we see in Ez. 38 & 39 only has Iran (Persia), (plus Libya & Ethiopia) with the Russian Federation. These other countries of the Middle East are not involved. Thus with the great power vacuum after that war it will be the beginning of the end, as it were, (I believe)

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

I thought that since I`ve seen Jack Kelley`s name on threads that I would include a recent quote of his regarding the ISIS.

`In past articles, I`ve speculated that we would see increased contention between Shiite & Sunni Muslims as the end draws nearer, & that`s what`s happening here. This is why Iran (Shiite) is coming to the assistance of Iraq (Shiite majority) against ISIS (Sunni). I believe this contention will continue until it culminates in the reappearance of the King of the North & the King of the South who show up in Daniel 11: 40. If I`m correct, these two groups will vie for control of the Islamic Caliphate that will become the one world government of the anti-Christ.`

inchrist

inchrist

Advanced Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

well what we need to look at now is if this is the rise of the assyrian empire, if we can compare I.S.I.S to Daniel 7 and Daniel 8

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Good thoughts inchrist,

You go right ahead with some of your thoughts & we`ll see how it develops.

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

I thought it important to now write some details of the ISIS, (Islamic State of Iraq & Syria)

In the words of the Soufan Group (a political risk consultancy) "ISIS has become indisputably the most effective & ruthless terrorist organisation in the world."

The leader & face of the organisation is Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, born in Samarra, north of Baghdad in 1971. He is regarded as a battlefield commander & tactician, which makes him more attractive as a leader than the al-Qaeda leader who is an Islamic theologian. Baghdadi is a shrewd strategist, a prolific fundraiser & a ruthless killer. The USA has a $10 million bounty on his head. He is described as the `world`s most powerful jihadi leader,` & the `world`s most dangerous man.`

In terms of overall clout & potential impact the ISIS appears to be surpassing al-Qaeda as the world`s most dangerous jihadist group & also named as `the most dangerous militant group in the world.` ISIS is skilled at creating multiple attacks simultaneously in different areas, keeping the demoralised Iraqi army confused & off balance. And with the seizure of Mosul, Iraq`s second largest city the ISIS caliphate kingdom appears within reach. The ISIS controls hundreds of square miles all the way from Syria`s Mediterranean coast to South of Baghdad.

The militants freed up 1,000 inmates from Mosul`s central prison & now have control of Mosul`s airport, local TV stations & much US supplied military hardware. The Iraqi oil infrastructure around Mosul will be a future target.

Al-Baghdadi has a strategy for generating resources. They have looted Mosul`s banks, military equipment & released 2,500 fighters from local jails to bolster its military & financial capacity. Suddenly the ISIS has become the richest terror group ever after looting 500 Billion Iraqi dinars ($429 million) from Mosul`s central bank, plus a large quantity of gold bullion.

Ultimately the ISIS seeks to create an Islamic state from where they would launch a global holy war.

So what does God`s word say about all this......... my thoughts soon.

inchrist

inchrist

Advanced Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Hi Marilyn C

This is a mammoth topic, it is also abit early to tell in the sense of if ISIS can conquer Baghdad, so just bear with me cause I would like to dive in with all the prophecies relating to assyria as well as revisit your concept on Daniels 4 beasts and there is a bit of a debate circulating on the net with daniels prophecy in daniel 8. 

So with your help we need to pull this altogether and I know you will enjoy this debate as much as I will...so lets bounce some ideas

but lets look at the characteristics of ISIS with Assyria please feel free to add 

1. The territory ISIS is alleged to control is in the same territory as the heart of ancient Assyria

map.jpg

Early Assyrian Empire Beginning of Assyria (~ 2000 BC)

assyrian_empire.jpg

2. Assyrian empire was a brutal, dominating, hateful regime

The Assyrians were noted for their brutality, and their kings were often depicted as gloating over the gruesome punishments inflicted on conquered peoples. They conducted their wars with shocking ferocity, uprooting whole populations and deporting them to other parts of the empire.

As we can already see the world today is indeed shocked at reports of ISIS' gruesome sweep into northern Iraq.

3. In the past God used Assyria as 'His rod' to punish Israel for their sins. Is God to use I.S.I.S as His Rod to punish Israel again?

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Hi inchrist,

You have done well with the map. Great. And it would be good if you can keep us informed as to the debate circulating re: Dan. 8. Also you are right, I am looking forward to how this discussion develops.

Now the territory of the ISIS is as you said the same territory as the heart of the ancient Assyria. I would also include Jordan as they had to pay tribute to the King. So for me I am looking at the ISIS to eventually go into Jordan. Here are their plans.  (ref. Khled Abu Toameh) 

`According to sources close to the Islamic fundamentalists say that the ISIS are planning to take their jihad into Jordan. Their leader Abu Baker al-Baghdadi recently discussed with his lieutenants the possibility of extending the group`s control beyond Syria & Iraq. The ISIS terrorists see Jordan`s-backed King Abdullah as an enemy of Islam & an infidel, & have publically called for his execution. ISIS terrorists recently posted a video on You Tube in which they threatened to `slaughter,` Abdullah, whom they denounced as a `tyrant.` Some of the terrorists who appeared in the video were Jordanian citizens who tore up their passports in front of the camera & vowed to launch suicide attacks inside the kingdom.

Marwan Shehadeh, an expert on Islamic groups, said he did not rule out the possibility that the ISIS would target Jordan because it views the Arab regimes, including Jordan`s Hashemites, as `infidels` & `apostates,` who should be fought.`

These 3, Iraq, Syria & Jordan are the three countries I believe who will form the power base for the  Muslim`s leader who will eventually become the Global Leader. In Daniel 7 we read of this `terrifying` power that arises. Their leader comes in from an area of 3 countries.

`After this I saw in the night visions, & behold, a fourth beast, dreadful & terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, & trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, & it had 10 horns. I was considering the horns, & there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom 3 of the first horns were plucked out by the roots.

And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, & a mouth speaking pompous words.`    (Dan. 7: 7 & 8)

inchrist

inchrist

Advanced Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
Is the Vision of Daniel 8 Being Fulfilled Right Now in Iraq and Iran?

If you are a student of Bible prophecy, than I want you to get your Bible out and open it to Daniel chapter 8. Now, if you consult nearly any commentary on the Book of Daniel, you’ll find they nearly all interpret this prophecy as fulfilled in history. The prophecy begins with a ram butting to the west, to the north, and to the south, which most believe refers to the historical conquests of the Medo-Persian Empire:

[B]ehold, a ram which had two horns was standing in front of the canal. Now the two horns were long, but one was longer than the other, with the longer one coming up last. I saw the ram butting westward, northward, and southward, and no other beasts could stand before him nor was there anyone to rescue from his power, but he did as he pleased and magnified himself. (vv. 3-4)

After this, a male goat with a single prominent horn charged from the east and crushed the ram. Most understand this to refer to the historical conquests of the Greek armies (the goat) led by Alexander the Great (the prominent horn):

While I was observing, behold, a male goat was coming from the west over the surface of the whole earth without touching the ground; and the goat had a conspicuous horn between his eyes. He came up to the ram that had the two horns, which I had seen standing in front of the canal, and rushed at him in his mighty wrath. I saw him come beside the ram, and he was enraged at him; and he struck the ram and shattered his two horns, and the ram had no strength to withstand him. So he hurled him to the ground and trampled on him, and there was none to rescue the ram from his power. (vv. 5-7)

No sooner does the Greek goat defeat the Persians and exalt itself that its great leader dies or “was broken.” After this, four other horns grow up in its place. One of these horns in particular, starts small, but eventually becomes great, controlling much of the Middle East. Most interpret this little horn to refer to the historical Antiochus IV Epiphanes:

Then the male goat magnified himself exceedingly. But as soon as he was mighty, the large horn was broken; and in its place there came up four conspicuous horns toward the four winds of heaven. Out of one of them came forth a rather small horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Beautiful Land. (vv. 8-9)

This is where the historical interpretation begins to run into significant problems. For the “little horn” that grows large is not only said to conquer the northern swatch of the Middle East, it is also said to carry out some profound events in heaven:

It grew up to the host of heaven and caused some of the host and some of the stars to fall to the earth, and it trampled them down. It even magnified itself to be equal with the Commander of the host; and it removed the regular sacrifice from Him, and the place of His sanctuary was thrown down. And on account of transgression the host will be given over to the horn along with the regular sacrifice; and it will fling truth to the ground and perform its will and prosper. (vv. 10-12)

Now, will anyone claim that Antiochus caused some of the angels (stars) to fall from heaven? I certainly hope not. In fact, the Book of Revelation describes precisely the same event, but there it is Satan the dragon, who causes the angels to fall, and it is something that takes place in the last seven years before the return of Christ:

Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems. And his tail *swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth… the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. (Rev. 12:3-4LibronixLink_dark.png,7-9LibronixLink_dark.png emphasis mine).

Next two angels began explaining the vision of the ram and the goat and the little horn, and Daniel is given some profound information concerning the timing of these things. One angel standing on the banks of the River Ulai (which is in modern day Iran) called to the other angel and said, “Gabriel, give this man an understanding of the vision” (v. 16). So the Gabriel came to Daniel and said, “Son of man, understand that the vision pertains to the time of the end” (v. 17).

Suddenly the idea that this was soley about the historical Persian and Greek empires becomes very difficult. Gabriel himself told Daniel that the vision concerned the end times. He did not say that part of the vision was historical and part of it was future. He simply said that the vision concerned the time of the end. If it was not enough to say it once, Gabriel then repeated his statement to really let it sink in again stating: “Behold, I am going to let you know what will occur at the final period of the indignation, for it pertains to the appointed time of the end” (v. 19).

To be fair, Gabriel then went on to explain that the ram represented, “the kings of Media and Persia,” while the goat represented, “the kingdom of Greece.” The word there for Greece is actually Javan, which included the west coast of modern day Turkey as well.

Now, I have always interpreted the vision to pertain to the historical empires of Medo-Persia and Greece, and then the little horn, while being partially fulfilled in the life of Antiochus Epiphanes, to be ultimately fulfilled in the last days through Antichrist. Thus I only interpreted half of the vision to have end time fulfillment. Many other commentators hold to this view as well. Although I have over 100 commentaries on the Book of Daniel, I had never really considered any other view until I read “Daniel Revisited” by Mark Davidson. In that book, Davidson takes a radical futurist perspective, and though I may not agree with all of his interpretations, he makes some excellent points, which I had simply never considered. When we actually read the explanation of Gabriel, the truth is that he does not make any such break in the vision, placing some of it in history and some of it the future. He simply says that the vision pertains to the final period of indignation, the time of the end. And then he says it again quite directly.

If the ultimate meaning of the whole vision is eschatological, pertaining to the time of the end, while it may also certainly maintain a historical partial fulfillment, it may also very well speak of two forthcoming regional wars. The first war would be Iran “butting” as it were to the west, (Iraq, Syria, Lebanon) the north (Azerbaijan) and the south (Bahrain, and perhaps as far as Israel and Egypt). But after this Iranian regional effort to expand its power, Turkey in the east would launch a counter offensive. After this time, it appears as though out of the ashes of these wars, in the region stretching from Nineveh (Mosul) to Turkey, we should expect to see the Antichrist arise, starting small but then gaining in power.

With Iran having already declared that they will enter the fray in Iraq to respond to the ISIS offensive, the beginning of Daniel’s vision may very well be beginning to unfold right in front of us. Am I saying that this is absolutely how it is going to happen and “this is that?” Not yet, but I think we can all acknowledge that what is now unfolding in Iraq and Iran makes this all a very real possibility.

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Hi inchrist,

I hear what that view is saying, that the whole vision is for the time of the end. I`ll summarise it -

1st war - Iran -> Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Israel & Egypt.

2nd war - Turkey - counter offensive.

I find this scenario not in line with scripture.

1. Iran is part of the group that joins the Russian federation down to the mountains of Israel where God deals with them.

2. The ISIS developing an Islamic state in Iraq, Syria & potentially Jordan is more in line with the ancient Assyrian area of Dan. 7: 7 & 8. Remembering that their leader is called the `Assyrian,` in God`s word.

Now Dan. 8: 19 is the key.

`And he said, "Look, I am making known to you what shall happen in the latter time of the indignation; for at the appointed time the end shall be.`

The angel then explains about the Medes & Persians & Greece, (history) then he talks about the `latter time,` (future). Note the words `appointed time ,` is the phrase God uses for His appointed time to deal with the Gentiles rule.  (Dan. 8: 19    11: 27, 29, 35)

I find it very difficult to believe that Iran would be allowed to go right across the Middle East, as that view said, & only Turkey put up some offensive!!!!!!!!

I think we need to look up those scriptures you suggested about Assyria.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Some very interesting discussion going on. Thank you all for your contributions.

other one -  I get Prophecy News Watch also & appreciate their gathering of info.

inchrist - thanks also for that interesting info. I would just add that the Global Leader will move the economic aspect of the global government from the EU to Babylon & then to Jerusalem.

Oakwood - The war we see in Ez. 38 & 39 only has Iran (Persia), (plus Libya & Ethiopia) with the Russian Federation. These other countries of the Middle East are not involved. Thus with the great power vacuum after that war it will be the beginning of the end, as it were, (I believe)

The Russian Federation may or not be correct. It depends on how you translate "Rosh." Scolars are divided amongst where this place was actually located. Some believe that Rosh does not represent Russia but the old Soviet Republics of Chechnya, Dagestan or maybe even Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and so on. All these nations are predominantly Muslim.

Gomer is mentioned too (Turkey). All these form an outer circle around Israel. The inner circle (Syria, Jordan etc) may have already been destroyed during the Psalm 83 war which some believe has yet to come.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,622 posts

The Russian Federation may or not be correct. It depends on how you translate "Rosh." Scolars are divided amongst where this place was actually located. Some believe that Rosh does not represent Russia but the old Soviet Republics of Chechnya, Dagestan or maybe even Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and so on. All these nations are predominantly Muslim.

Gomer is mentioned too (Turkey). All these form an outer circle around Israel. The inner circle (Syria, Jordan etc) may have already been destroyed during the Psalm 83 war which some believe has yet to come.

I think the Psalm 83 war sets the stage for the Ezekiel 38 war.....   but there is a lot of detail that I don't seem to be able to fit together....  I wish I had kept all the board I built some years ago in trying to fit everything together......     deciding what is history and what is yet to happen is difficult for me for some reason.

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Hi OakWood,

As regarding the Russian war God`s word tells us that most of the countries are from the `far north,` (Ez. 38: 6     Joel 2: 20) and that Rosh is their `guard.` This means that Russia is their military leader which is the position today. (Ez. 38: 7)

Professors of Etymology, such as Dr. Gesenius, Josephus & others have investigated the identity of these peoples, beginning with the ancient patriarchs of Gen. 10. Their migrations have been methodically traced through ancient records & archaeological discoveries to the present day. The Encyclopedia Britannica is also a source of confirmation.

The final areas of settlement, development & population growth has been established as  primarily the Russian republic. It is the dominant force in this federation. But allied with it are the Slovac countries of eastern Europe, together with the various republics along Russia`s Southern border - known as the C.I.S. (The Commonwealth of Independent States.)

Gomer - They are commonly understood to be the same as Cimmerii, who inhabited....the region near the Don & Danube. From that region as their proper seat they made many incursions into the more genial climes of the south especially Asia Minor.  (Ref. Fairbairn`s Imperial Standard Bible Encyclopedia)

An interesting discovery was made in 1982 around the village of Saida in Lebanon. Israeli forces discovered the largest secret military base in the world. it consisted of miles of steel reinforced bunkers tunnelled out of the hillside. Inside was crammed massive quantities of Soviet made arms & ammunition. It exceeded by far the highest previous intelligence estimates. I.D.F. units gathered 4170 tons (some 1,500 truckloads) of ammunition, hundreds of combat-vehicles tanks & armoured carriers, thousands of weapons, artillery & rocket launchers, plus other sophisticated devices. These arms & stores were far in excess of P.L.O. requirements. Secret documents, & maps found in the Command Post clearly revealed that the Soviets planned invasion of the Middle East on 4th August 1982. The I.D.F. averted this Soviet invasion by just a few weeks.

However there is an appointed time predicted. Russia will certainly invade the Middle East. World War 3 will have commenced.

Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Veteran Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Hi otherone,

I so appreciate as you said - `there is a lot of detail that I don`t seem to be able to fit together...` It would be so frustrating. I can only share what I have been taught many, many years ago by Bible teachers & then for you to watch as I have to see if what they say has & is coming about. I do feel for those who have been taught that the Revived Roman Empire will emerge & take over. It seems to me that view has no answer to what is happening in the world today, but gives so much room for opinions & speculation. I believe God`s word is clear & simple once one sees the 4 super powers & their role on the world stage as it were.

Thus said I will give my overview.

ISRAEL

...........1948..................................1967............................................................................................................................................................WW3.Peace Treaty.

........Nation of Israel......................6 day war. (Land gained)......................................................land divided...........................................................

SUPER POWERS

.......1st UK/USA   &  3rd EU............................................................................2008.......................................................................................WW3.......Gl.Govt.

.....mouth of Gl. Govt.....Eco. Philosophy of GG..............................................(G7/G20  forming of architecture for Gl. Gov.)..................................................

.....2nd Soviet Union -> Russian Federation.............................arming for war...............................................................................................WW3..vacuum..

...4th Islamic Federation............................................1990`s................................................................2014....................................................WW3.....Leader.

..................................................................................................rise of Islam.....................................Islamic State of Syria & Iraq (& Jordan)..........................

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network