christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

the family behind hobby lobby

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,571 posts

I was excited to read this, until I got to the part about matt green. That was disturbing. 

Anyway, I thought yall might be interested to see what the hobby lobby family is doing.

http://mobile.politi...614/107877.html

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,599 posts

I was excited to read this, until I got to the part about matt green. That was disturbing. 

Anyway, I thought yall might be interested to see what the hobby lobby family is doing.

http://mobile.politi...614/107877.html

Yes, the anti-Israel bit really spoilt the rest of the article. I don't know what to think now.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Mart Green's actions are disturbing.

So is the fact the the Presbyterian church just voted to divest itself from Israel, in affect, becoming a so-called Protestant denomination that is actively boycotting the entire country of Israel.  They have been trying to do this for years, but at this conference, they finally got it done and fell into complete apostasy.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,571 posts

Agreed cobalt. That is quite disturbing, but given their pro gay stance too, is it really surprising?

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Agreed cobalt. That is quite disturbing, but given their pro gay stance too, is it really surprising?

I don't see the gay agenda and a distaste for Israel as going hand in hand but with all of them in the pot together it means that they are completely removed from any kind of orthodoxy and are now a denomination that is Christian in name only.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,571 posts

I don't see the gay agenda and a distaste for Israel as going hand in hand but with all of them in the pot together it means that they are completely removed from any kind of orthodoxy and are now a denomination that is Christian in name only.

It goes hand in hand because it is clear they are deviating from scripture and following the ways of the world instead of the ways of God. In that regard, its not surprising to see a church that is pro gay to also be anti israel.

Cletus

Cletus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
I liked the part about the bible speaks for itself. I believe The Word is alive and I liken it to seeds. You speak the word and you are planting seeds in someones heart. If they read it too. Sometimes I do that on the internet, I just write The Word and dont quote book chapter or verse. I cant remember it verbatim but something like the word will not return void. And in the famous words of forrest gump... thats all I have to say about that.

Salty

Salty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

I think the U.S. should support the nation of Israel, but not the religion of Judaism. Judaism is still... against Christ Jesus and Christianity. And they have just as many that are anti-Christian as there are Christians that believe like Green.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,599 posts

I think the U.S. should support the nation of Israel, but not the religion of Judaism. Judaism is still... against Christ Jesus and Christianity. And they have just as many that are anti-Christian as there are Christians that believe like Green.

If you believe that the U.S. should not support Judaism then you must also believe that the U.S.should not support Hinduism, Buddhism or Islam either.

Tell me, just what is wrong with Judaism? Judaism is the worship of the one true God. Without Judaism the Jewish Temple will never be rebuilt on the Temple Mount and therefore prophecy will not be fulfilled.

How can you say that the U.S. should support Israel but not Judaism? Without Judaism, there is no Israel!!

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Blessings Everyone....

The United States of America was founded on the basis of the Word of God(the Bible)...."One Nation Under God"....this is the One True Living God,the God of Abraham ,Isaac & Jacob     whether,Christian or Jew,,,,it was the same God we serve,"In God We Trust".....to not support Judaism would be un-American!                                                                                                       With love,in Christ,Kwik

These are Gods chosen people,let us pray for every Jew to be reconciled back to our Father,through their Faith in Jesus !If it were not for the Jews  denying Christ,would we be just another pagan people,would we have been grafted in?Were we not chosen to provoke the Jew to jealousy?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,653 posts
How can you say that the U.S. should support Israel but not Judaism? Without Judaism, there is no Israel!!

:thumbsup:

Without Jesus

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

There Is No Israel

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: Romans 11:26

Salty

Salty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

If you believe that the U.S. should not support Judaism then you must also believe that the U.S.should not support Hinduism, Buddhism or Islam either.

Tell me, just what is wrong with Judaism? Judaism is the worship of the one true God. Without Judaism the Jewish Temple will never be rebuilt on the Temple Mount and therefore prophecy will not be fulfilled.

Apparently, you have much to learn about Judaism and its origins, and why... it is still vehemently against Christ Jesus and Christianity.

Judaism is a system of men that branched out of Judah's 70 years Babylon captivity. Jesus called the religion of the Jews "commandments of men"...

Matt 15:3-9
3    But He answered and said unto them, "Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
4    For God commanded, saying, 'Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.'
5    But ye say, 'Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
6    And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free.' Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
7    Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8    This people draweth nigh unto Me with their mouth, and honoureth Me with their lips; but their heart is far from Me.
9    But in vain they do worship Me,
teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
(KJV)

Sects like the Pharisees only borrowed enough from the law of Moses and the prophets to establish 'their' own leaven traditions they themselves added, and created upon God's people. Jesus and His Apostles rebuked them for it and Jesus warned His disciples about it.

But Christianity is pure and apart from Judaism, because Christianity is derived from Abraham's Faith that God would accomplish what He said, and by Abraham's Faith it was accounted to him as righteousness, a righteousness WITHOUT THE LAW, because Abraham's Faith was 430 years BEFORE the law was given upon Sinai through Moses (Galatians, Romans).

As for helping the poor and needy, that applies to nations also. The U.S. as a free nation of peoples have the responsibility to help other nations and peoples who want to live in peace and freedom, regardless of their religious culture. If their religion is against peace and freedom, then God will direct the free nations to step in and make a change, just as history has shown. Foreign aid does not... have to mean support of a nation's religious beliefs.

Edited by Salty, 27 June 2014 - 03:18 AM.

Salty

Salty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Blessings Everyone....

The United States of America was founded on the basis of the Word of God(the Bible)...."One Nation Under God"....this is the One True Living God,the God of Abraham ,Isaac & Jacob     whether,Christian or Jew,,,,it was the same God we serve,"In God We Trust".....to not support Judaism would be un-American!                                                                                                       With love,in Christ,Kwik

These are Gods chosen people,let us pray for every Jew to be reconciled back to our Father,through their Faith in Jesus !If it were not for the Jews  denying Christ,would we be just another pagan people,would we have been grafted in?Were we not chosen to provoke the Jew to jealousy?

How can a true Christian be a supporter of a religion of men which our Lord Jesus Himself condemned, and which condemned Him to die on the cross, and even to this day, STILL hates Him?!?

We cannot speak out of both corners of our mouths at the same time and expect the truthful to believe what we say.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Blessings Salty...

The "true" Christian......

Luke 6:27-36

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you.

[32] "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. [33] And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. [34] And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. [35] But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. [36] Be merciful, just as your Father is mercifu

It is not really about supporting a religion ,it is about supporting a people

With love-in Christ,Kwik

The hardest thing for me is to pray for muslims,I do not mean the guy next door that is a muslim,I mean the terrorists ......but these are the things I must do as my Lord has said to do & has shown me as He hung on that cross & said"Forgive them Father,they know not what they do".No,my Brother....it is true as you said"we cannot speak out both corners of our mouth"....we must be doers of His Word

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,599 posts

Blessings Everyone....

How can a true Christian be a supporter of a religion of men which our Lord Jesus Himself condemned, and which condemned Him to die on the cross, and even to this day, STILL hates Him?!?

We cannot speak out of both corners of our mouths at the same time and expect the truthful to believe what we say.

I think that you're the one who does not understand Judaism or Jews.

The Jews are still God's chosen people. That has not changed. Judaism was not created by men, it was created by God. God was not angry with the Jews for following the rules of Judaism - he was angry with them for NOT following the rules of Judaism. Your comments are anti-Semitic.

You have completely misunderstood scripture, God's plans for salvation and the nature of prophecy.

Salty

Salty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

The Jews are still God's chosen people. That has not changed. Judaism was not created by men, it was created by God. God was not angry with the Jews for following the rules of Judaism - he was angry with them for NOT following the rules of Judaism. Your comments are anti-Semitic.

You have completely misunderstood scripture, God's plans for salvation and the nature of prophecy.

Not all Jews are God's chosen, or have your forgotten about the foreigners of the Canaanites that crept in among Judah, and also foreigner Gentiles that later became Jews, like the Edomites? This is why when Jesus said to His disciples to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of Herod, there was more involved than just the seed of Israel that had fallen away from God, for Herod was not an Israelite, he was a descendent of Esau.

If you are a Christian, then you are subject to Apostle Paul's teaching in Galatians about Abraham and those of Faith on God's Promised Saviour (Jesus Christ) which Abraham believed, making those of Faith on Christ Jesus the children of Abraham. God's Salvation was always first about His Promise to Abraham by Faith, and not by the law. That's what makes Judaism different than what Abraham believed, because to practice Judaism is to seek to be justified by the law and not by the Faith on The Father through His Son Jesus Christ Who shed His Blood upon the cross for all those who would believe.

Furthermore, Judah (the Jews) were but ONE tribe of Israelites per OT history. The tribe of Benjamin, and many of Levi became joined with them after God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms (1 Kings 11 forward). The majority of Israelites were the ten tribes of Israel of the northern kingdom at Samaria. Thus the majority of God's chosen people were not Jews (Judah), just as it still is today. God has not lost the majority of His chosen people that were separated from Judah, Benjamin, and Levi centuries ago. At Christ's second coming this matter will be settled when the whole world learns how God scattered the majority of Israel and made them lose their heritage as Israelites, and then once again like it was in the kingdom of Israel of old, Judah will only make up 1/12th of the chosen people of God, and the Canaanites will no more be in the House of The LORD (Zech.14).

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,482 posts

I agree that some posts here are anti Semitic and have taken action to curtail them.

If there is nothing more to say I think it is time to close this topic. 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Blessings Brother Fez!

You are a good man,my Brother.....with a good idea! God Bless you & may Gods Peace,Love & Joy be upon you!

Glory to our Lord God...........His Love endures forever!                                                                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,599 posts

Not all Jews are God's chosen, or have your forgotten about the foreigners of the Canaanites that crept in among Judah, and also foreigner Gentiles that later became Jews, like the Edomites? This is why when Jesus said to His disciples to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of Herod, there was more involved than just the seed of Israel that had fallen away from God, for Herod was not an Israelite, he was a descendent of Esau.

If you are a Christian, then you are subject to Apostle Paul's teaching in Galatians about Abraham and those of Faith on God's Promised Saviour (Jesus Christ) which Abraham believed, making those of Faith on Christ Jesus the children of Abraham. God's Salvation was always first about His Promise to Abraham by Faith, and not by the law. That's what makes Judaism different than what Abraham believed, because to practice Judaism is to seek to be justified by the law and not by the Faith on The Father through His Son Jesus Christ Who shed His Blood upon the cross for all those who would believe.

Furthermore, Judah (the Jews) were but ONE tribe of Israelites per OT history. The tribe of Benjamin, and many of Levi became joined with them after God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms (1 Kings 11 forward). The majority of Israelites were the ten tribes of Israel of the northern kingdom at Samaria. Thus the majority of God's chosen people were not Jews (Judah), just as it still is today. God has not lost the majority of His chosen people that were separated from Judah, Benjamin, and Levi centuries ago. At Christ's second coming this matter will be settled when the whole world learns how God scattered the majority of Israel and made them lose their heritage as Israelites, and then once again like it was in the kingdom of Israel of old, Judah will only make up 1/12th of the chosen people of God, and the Canaanites will no more be in the House of The LORD (Zech.14).

Tell me something I don't know.

I never said that every single Jew was God's chosen, but all you're doing now is deflecting from what you said. Judaism was created by God and given to the Jews. All those complex rules were what God asked the Jews to do. They didn't invent it themselves. They failed to stick to God's word and what's worse at some points in history they started worshiping false gods.

They failed at sticking to God's rules. We do not follow the rules of Judaism because we have been given the gift of salvation by grace, through the blood of Christ and if the Jews knew who Jesus really was they would have that gift too.

When the temple is rebuilt they will eventually have that opportunity to accept Christ the second time around, but they're not going to build the temple and start their animal sacrifices if people like you have their way and outlaw Judaism. In an earlier post you were making out that we should support Israel but not the religion of Judaism. What is the point of that? You might as well hand over Israel to the Arabs.You do realise that the entire reason we support Israel is because it is the homeland of the Jews don't you?

You are the one who seriously needs to understand the Bible and please don't lecture me on how to be a Christian.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,653 posts
These are Gods chosen people,

let us pray for every Jew to be reconciled back to our Father, through their Faith in Jesus !

If it were not for the Jews  denying Christ,would we be just another pagan people,

would we have been grafted in?

Were we not chosen to provoke the Jew to jealousy?

How can a true Christian be a supporter of a religion of men which our Lord Jesus Himself condemned,

and which condemned Him to die on the cross,

and even to this day,

STILL hates Him?!?

We cannot speak out of both corners of our mouths at the same time

and expect the truthful to believe what we say.

The Jews are still God's chosen people.

That has not changed.

Judaism was not created by men,

it was created by God.

God was not angry with the Jews for following the rules of Judaism -

he was angry with them for NOT following the rules of Judaism.

Your comments are anti-Semitic.

You have completely misunderstood scripture,

God's plans for salvation and the nature of prophecy.

:thumbsup:

The Ones Through Whom The LORD Gave Me His Precious Word

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-2

The Ones Through Whom God Gave Me His Precious Son

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. Romans 11:26-27

The Ones Who Are Even Today In A Bloody Battle For Zion

I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land. And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink. Joel 3:2-3

How Can I Not Pray For Their Salvation

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Psalms 122:6

How Can I Not Weep For Their Loss

Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. Zechariah 14:1-3

How Can I Not Rejoice At The Coming Return Of Their KING

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. Joel 3:16

How?

He hath filled me with bitterness, he hath made me drunken with wormwood.

He hath also broken my teeth with gravel stones, he hath covered me with ashes.

And thou hast removed my soul far off from peace: I forgat prosperity.

And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD:

Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.

My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:15-23

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network