christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Online KJV bible studies?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Wife2Dan

Wife2Dan
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Does anyone know of a good online/community based KJV bible study?  The ones I have found are too basic and there is no interaction with others for discussion. Thank you much!

God Bless,

Wife2Dan

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

That might be hard, I certainly do not know of any. It might be a bit difficult to stay focused on the study, when using such a controversial version, might be too many distractions.

kronborg

kronborg
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 94 posts

Wife2dan, why i particular the KJV version?

Wife2Dan

Wife2Dan
  • Members
  • 8 posts

kronborg, just my preference.  :)

kronborg

kronborg
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 94 posts

That's fine, i like to use the ESV or NASB or Lexham or NIV. Romans 8:1 is translated somewhat differently in the KJV: "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." The last part "who walk..." is regarded as a copy from the latter part of verse 4(transcribed). And therefore are an addition to the true manuscript in the beginning of chapter 8.

chichriso

chichriso
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Let no man despise thy youth.

Edited by ncn, 08 August 2014 - 04:39 PM.
Please do not post links

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,012 posts

kronborg, just my preference.   :)

well, around here we pretty much run the entire spectrum of translations......    you might give it a try and see if an  all translation discussion might fit your needs......   There are people here that work well with Hebrew and Greek to kind of settle differences that come up.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network