christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

new and with questions

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,167 posts

I got kinda lost on this thread, however interesting topics : ) and verses!

it's crochet :happyhappy:

LadyofFaith

LadyofFaith
  • Members
  • 8 posts

I got kinda lost on this thread, however interesting topics : ) and verses!

it's crochet :happyhappy:

HAHA! :grin:

elizabethk

elizabethk
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Elizabethk,

I'm so glad you are here at this time...That you are here for such a time as this...You sound alot like what I have been through and you aren't alone in it...And really there is more and more that we live through getting to God (having this wonderful relationship!!!) and it's in the Bible...There were times later that I would read and find what I had been through...So even God understands...He Is Amazing you know...and right now...there is a war...there was one in me too (and still is sometimes-but we learn to overcome)...our flesh (and being spiritually dead-wars against The Spirit of God and anything to do with God (Like Life and Coming Out of Darkness Into His Marvelous Light...I understand that so well...) I even thought I was losing my mind...literally...and guess what...I was!!! And it is all good!!! Taking on The Mind of Christ...Amazing...and just listening to you sounds like He certainly has you well In Hand...He is so so so Good!!!

I think one of the most important subjects that you brought up is this: Eventually-if we don't give up-we can know that others have lived through and made it through what we are going through at the moment...and it's ok...you are exactly where you are supposed to be...and it's not fun going through a change especially a Godly Change...it's like everything we know is exactly opposite to the Kingdom of God...

See in the Kingdom...we surrender and are made strong...In The Kingdom...weakness is strength...and so many other things too...Once you go completely through the change..Hahaha...It's a big change!!! But worth every second!!! (the born again experience) Then you will see...even clearer!!! Oh It's Good Girl!!! One thing I would recommend ...if at all possible...like during nap time or some quiet time...start practicing getting to the quiet place in prayer...at first it seems silly...just kneeling there...but eventually the desires of your heart will be given to you if you don't give up...I can testify it is true...Some great worship music on at the same time...That was the only thing that kept me going was that there were people that had experienced what I wanted to experience...It's all good getting here!!! Doesn't seem like it but it is!!! (see another thing that is opposite...Hahaha)

Love you In Him, Kathy

:bighug:

P.S. Here is a big hug...God Loves You and He Won't Take You Where He Can't Keep You...I believe that with everything in me...In The Name of Jesus

kathy- thank you for this! Somehow i missed your post yesterday, it's like everything we know is exactly opposite to the Kingdom of God..yes exactly!!! Although at the same time i realise i knew the truth all along! I I KNEW I WAS SPIRITUALLY DEAD....and now I know I'm NOT ANYMORE!!!!

elizabethk

elizabethk
  • Members
  • 14 posts

And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. Mark 9:24

Thank you so much for this, I'm looking this one up and found one commentary that says this
"Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" Again, my study bible has a helpful note, as we read about the idea that faith is a constant struggle that we seek to grow within, to more deeply form relationship to God. It says, "The presence of doubt does not imply the absence of faith. Christ honors whatever faith we have and will increase faith when we sincerely desire Him." This is also evidence of God's work within us. We have the willingness, we make the petition, but the Spirit does the work, to "help my unbelief!"

that makes me feel a whole lot better!

Edited by elizabethk, 10 December 2012 - 04:32 AM.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,698 posts

And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. Mark 9:24

Thank you so much for this, I'm looking this one up and found one commentary that says this
"Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" Again, my study bible has a helpful note, as we read about the idea that faith is a constant struggle that we seek to grow within, to more deeply form relationship to God. It says, "The presence of doubt does not imply the absence of faith. Christ honors whatever faith we have and will increase faith when we sincerely desire Him." This is also evidence of God's work within us. We have the willingness, we make the petition, but the Spirit does the work, to "help my unbelief!"

that makes me feel a whole lot better!

Amen~!

~

And You Can Have

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6

As Much Of Jesus As You Want

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

Peace Maker Tony

Peace Maker Tony

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

thank you all. Ive been trying to figure out what is the root cause of this stronghold (if thats what it is) and i wonder if it is that little voice of doubt that God loves me. I believe, in everything i know now to be true. I see the plan, i see the world, i see the devil at work in it, i SEE IT ALL so clearly and i want so hard for me and my husband and child and everybody else to walk in the light ..but a little voice says "but you cant have it..in spite of all you're doing, in spite of the work, in spite of the hope and desire, in spite of seeing the whole truth.....it wont work for you. You'll get up to heaven and god will say no, you didnt fully give your whole heart"

i think thats why i cry when my husband holds his hands up in praise, when others pray and have that connection with god..i cry because i dont think i can have it.....my demon is DOUBT that God loves ME, personally. ..because i cant feel it. He's shown me the truth, he's set me a path, and a mission..i believe..so ..why cant i feel his LOVE?

Hi Elizabeth, first of all welcome to Worthy, glad to have you here. Not that I am trying to diagnose your problem, but it sounds like you may have some degree of an affliction called, "scrupulosity", which is basically like OCD with a religion bent, where the people that suffer from it just can't make themselves accept and put into practice what they know to be true. There are a lot of articles online about it that you can look into if you want.

Also, it will help you to consider that God never tempts anyone, and only good things come from above, so whenever unwholesome thoughts come into your mind like, "I'm not good enough", (actually none of us are), or whatever, words that contradict the bible and God's character, they must be immediately rejected, taken into captivity and recognized as lies from the devil, who is the father of lies.

As to your worry about God saying to you, "no, you didn't fully give your whole heart", the scripture says that when your heart condemns you, God is greater than your heart (1 John 3:20), and that you shouldn't trust your own feelings but simply trust God, who is trustworthy and faithful, despite ourselves. It is not about who we are but who He is. Please remember that, sister.

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

So I hope you can try to start focusing on God instead of your fears, and just trust in Him that He will never forsake or leave anyone who calls upon Him. Lastly, He doesn't think of you the way you think of you. He loves you with an everlasting love and nothing can stop that. You are in my prayers, and I trust you will find the peace you seek, from Jesus, the Prince of Peace. God bless!

elizabethk

elizabethk
  • Members
  • 14 posts
Hello all I just wanted to post an update that I've been feeling a whole lot better just recently, and less conflicted in my head. I havent had any of the tension headaches and have felt generally happier and excited- sometimes too excited!!!! I feel so excited sometimes i dont quite know what to do with it!!

I feel like my head and all the questions swimming around in it are gradually getting reduced, and reduced, like a sauce........it feels like its boiling down to one question right now.......the pre-ordained/ free will paradox.......on one hand- anyone who opens the door to Jesus can have his grace and be saved. That would mean me too!!! On the other, God picks some people to be drawn to him...but others will not make it no matter how much they want it. ...what if that was my destiny as ordained by God- not chosen.

as in the westminster confession

I. All those whom God hath predestinated unto life, and those only, He is pleased, in His appointed time, effectually to call,[1] by His Word and Spirit,[2] out of that state of sin and death, in which they are by nature to grace and salvation, by Jesus Christ;[3] enlightening their minds spiritually and savingly to understand the things of God,[4] taking away their heart of stone, and giving unto them an heart of flesh;[5] renewing their wills, and, by His almighty power, determining them to that which is good,[6] and effectually drawing them to Jesus Christ:[7] yet so, as they come most freely, being made willing by His grace.[8]
II. This effectual call is of God's free and special grace alone, not from anything at all foreseen in man,[9] who is altogether passive therein, until, being quickened and renewed by the Holy Spirit,[10] he is thereby enabled to answer this call, and to embrace the grace offered and conveyed in it.[11]
III. Elect infants, dying in infancy, are regenerated, and saved by Christ, through the Spirit,[12] who works when, and where, and how He pleases:[13] so also are all other elect persons who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word.[14]
IV. Others, not elected, although they may be called by the ministry of the Word,[15] and may have some common operations of the Spirit,[16] yet they never truly come unto Christ, and therefore cannot be saved:[17] much less can men, not professing the Christian religion, be saved in any other way whatsoever, be they never so diligent to frame their lives according to the light of nature, and the laws of that religion they do profess.[18] And to assert and maintain that they may, is very pernicious, and to be detested.[19]

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,698 posts

Hello all I just wanted to post an update that I've been feeling a whole lot better just recently, and less conflicted in my head. I havent had any of the tension headaches and have felt generally happier and excited- sometimes too excited!!!! I feel so excited sometimes i dont quite know what to do with it!!

:thumbsup:

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Ephesians 5:19

watcherjcs

watcherjcs
  • 3 posts
Seasons greetings all,

I'm new to the forums and looking for infomation and trying to learn about the Bible and supertition and traditions of men.

I recently received an article from someone I know that really confussed me, and I thought I'd see if anybody else had information about this writing by Charles Spurgeon on Christmas.

Can somebody help me understand the truth about the holiday season and the Bible?
THE PERSONAL MESSAGE OF CHRISTMAS by Charles Spurgeon "We have no superstitious regard for times and seasons. Certainly we do not believe in the present ecclesiastical arrangement called Christmas. First, because we do not believe in any mass at all, but abhor it whether it be sung in Latin or in English. Secondly, because we find no Scriptural warrant whatever for observing any day as the birthday of the Saviour; and consequently, it's observance is a superstition, because not of divine authority. Superstition has fixed most positively the day of our Saviour's birth, although there is no possibility of discovering when it occurred. It was not till the middle of the third century that any part of the Church celebrated the birth of our Lord; and it was not till long after the western Church had set the example, that the eastern adopted it. Because the day is not known, probably the fact is that the "holy" days were arranged to fit in with the heathen festivals. We venture to assert that if there be any day in the year of which we may be pretty sure that it was not the day on which our Saviour was born, it is the 25th of December. Regarding not the day, let us give God thanks for the gift of His dear Son. How absurd to think we could do it in the spirit of the world, with a Jack Frost clown, a deceptive worldly Santa Claus, and a mixed program of sacred truth with fun, deception and fiction. If it be possible to honor Christ in the giving of gifts, I cannot see how while the gift, giver, and recipient are all in the spirit of the world. The Catholics and high Church Episcopalians may have their Christmas one day in 365, but we have a Christ gift the entire year." (Dec. 24, 1871) "Upright men strove to stem the tide, but in spite of all their efforts, the apostasy went on, till the Church, with the exception of a small remnant, was submerged under pagan superstition. that Christmas is a pagan festival, is beyond all doubt. The time of the year, and the ceremonies with which it is celebrated, prove its origin." "Those who follow the custom of observing Christmas, follow not the Bible but pagan ceremonies."

Thanks so much, God bless all in Christ Jesus.

Edited by watcherjcs, 23 December 2012 - 10:02 AM.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,698 posts

Seasons greetings all,

I'm new to the forums and looking for infomation and trying to learn about the Bible and supertition and traditions of men.

I recently received an article from someone I know that really confussed me, and I thought I'd see if anybody else had information about this writing by Charles Spurgeon on Christmas.

Can somebody help me understand the truth about the holiday season and the Bible?
THE PERSONAL MESSAGE OF CHRISTMAS by Charles Spurgeon "We have no superstitious regard for times and seasons. Certainly we do not believe in the present ecclesiastical arrangement called Christmas. First, because we do not believe in any mass at all, but abhor it whether it be sung in Latin or in English. Secondly, because we find no Scriptural warrant whatever for observing any day as the birthday of the Saviour; and consequently, it's observance is a superstition, because not of divine authority. Superstition has fixed most positively the day of our Saviour's birth, although there is no possibility of discovering when it occurred. It was not till the middle of the third century that any part of the Church celebrated the birth of our Lord; and it was not till long after the western Church had set the example, that the eastern adopted it. Because the day is not known, probably the fact is that the "holy" days were arranged to fit in with the heathen festivals. We venture to assert that if there be any day in the year of which we may be pretty sure that it was not the day on which our Saviour was born, it is the 25th of December. Regarding not the day, let us give God thanks for the gift of His dear Son. How absurd to think we could do it in the spirit of the world, with a Jack Frost clown, a deceptive worldly Santa Claus, and a mixed program of sacred truth with fun, deception and fiction. If it be possible to honor Christ in the giving of gifts, I cannot see how while the gift, giver, and recipient are all in the spirit of the world. The Catholics and high Church Episcopalians may have their Christmas one day in 365, but we have a Christ gift the entire year." (Dec. 24, 1871) "Upright men strove to stem the tide, but in spite of all their efforts, the apostasy went on, till the Church, with the exception of a small remnant, was submerged under pagan superstition. that Christmas is a pagan festival, is beyond all doubt. The time of the year, and the ceremonies with which it is celebrated, prove its origin." "Those who follow the custom of observing Christmas, follow not the Bible but pagan ceremonies."

Thanks so much, God bless all in Christ Jesus.

Charles Is A Much Beloved Bible Believing Baptist Preacher

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

And Perhaps He Thought Those English Yuletide Drunken Parties Were Just Not Honoring

Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:10

To The Celebration Of The Birth Of Jesus,

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Matthew 1:20-21

The Passover Lamb Of God

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. John 1:29

Then Again He May Have Thought That The "Greek Christian Church"

Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4

Had Long Ago Replaced The Christ Of The Holy Bible With Another Christ

All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
Matthew 23:3-10

What Do You Think?

Hall7

Hall7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
~Elizabeth~
All it takes sometimes is to be able to say the name of Jesus out loud several times a day to get rid of strongholds. I delivered myself from strongholds saying this about 3 times a day starting first thing in the morning:
I rebuke any negative spirits that aren't from God away from my mind, spirit, body and soul, I am sanctified by the holy blood of Jesus Christ, I have a healthy mind, spirit, body and soul in the name of Jesus!
Don't whisper it to yourself, say it out loud enough to hear yourself speaking to your own body.
It works! God bless you and welcome :).
Eric

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network