christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you reading?

reading books

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

Snow

Snow

• PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:looking for treasure in the bible and being in Gods good books, guitars,staying healthy i'll give anyone a warm smile and a friendly hello

Thanks Pawz i enjoyed it too please pm me any time discuss the weather and wot not  oh and i heard flowers in the attic was supposed to be real but then i heard otherwise  and i know the Michael Palin one you mean just cant think of it though and there was the other Hal Lindsey Late great planet Earth i read his books before becoming a Christian and believe they were  a positive influence for me and i didnt google anything and i prefer to never know if Flowers in the Attic was real or not

God Bless

Edited by Snow, 02 August 2014 - 06:21 PM.

pawz

pawz

• PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Computers, computer gaming, dogs, music ( all sorts), creative writing and poetry, nature, the Lord's return, prophecy in Scripture, koine Greek, keeping the mind agile with puzzles (but not 'word-search - ugh) looking after the garden and best beloved - none of these being listed in order of importance!

Flowers was based on a true story it would appear, so the answer ( that you do not want to  hear!) is 'yes and no'. Not directly told of course, but the basic 'kids in an attic for several years' did happen, if not exactly as described in the book. When you think of some of the awful news accounts we have read about in recent years where girls and women have been held in basements for years and years either by a family member or by people who  took them off the street - it is not so far-fetched an idea as one might have thought in earlier days.

The Michael Palin one I read was, I think, Pole to Pole. There was a bit in it where he describes having to go into a room filled with other people to have a mud bath (?) and he describes the scene and his thoughts on the matter. I cannot now remember what set me off, but I was helpless with mirth for minutes after reading it. I haven't laughed like that since I dropped a book on a man's head in the public library ( which sounds awful but was so FUNNY, and embarrassing at the same time). Oi vey..

Snow

Snow

• PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:looking for treasure in the bible and being in Gods good books, guitars,staying healthy i'll give anyone a warm smile and a friendly hello

:o   Way to ruin Flowers Pawz!!  :(

Edited by Snow, 04 August 2014 - 01:21 PM.

pawz

pawz

• PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Computers, computer gaming, dogs, music ( all sorts), creative writing and poetry, nature, the Lord's return, prophecy in Scripture, koine Greek, keeping the mind agile with puzzles (but not 'word-search - ugh) looking after the garden and best beloved - none of these being listed in order of importance!

sorry, blabbermouth rides again! - you can still view it as a maybe-maybe not...

Snow

Snow

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

:o Gobsmacked!

Joy and love

Joy and love
  • Members
  • 76 posts
Verses from the Bible :) a simpler Bible but it's so clear

Snow

Snow

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Blessings Joy and Love   Welcome to Worthy  i  have duly been admonished  back to the bible

i find even after just a couple of days away i am distanced from my Heavenly Father  and i do not like that feeling one bit

which verses do You like?  i think a psalm a day keeps the devil at bay!  :)

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,755 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

Blood on the Alter by Tomas Horn.

Joy and love

Joy and love
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Blessings Joy and Love   Welcome to Worthy  i  have duly been admonished  back to the bible
i find even after just a couple of days away i am distanced from my Heavenly Father  and i do not like that feeling one bit

which verses do You like?  i think a psalm a day keeps the devil at bay!  :)

I never remember anything haha. It's just opening it up and seeing what I get. I actually got some verses that would apply to people on this forum to help them out. Naturally, I forgot it all. I have short term memory :/

pawz

pawz

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

it looks interesting, but what is it about? Is it fiction or factual, about Old Testament  feasts - what?

I see a book of that title by Tobias Jones - about an Italian serial killer, on Amazon, but nothing by Tomas Horn

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,755 posts

it looks interesting, but what is it about? Is it fiction or factual, about Old Testament  feasts - what?

I see a book of that title by Tobias Jones - about an Italian serial killer, on Amazon, but nothing by Tomas Horn

It's about the coming bloodshed between Christians and Christians.....   Pure end time teaching of the things coming in the very near future to this country and the world.  I've just started it so I can't give you much of any details.....    we had a family reunion last week end and I've been working on hundreds of photo's I took trying to filter out the ones with funny face expressions from snaps while people are talking and only picking out the better ones.....   So far I'm down to 91 left and on Photobucket.......   Carbonite just finished backing them up on the hard drive and I've taken a short break to read this thread and I have a doctors appointment in less than an hour from a series of sinus infections keeping me on antibiotics much too often.....    Had CT-scans done yesterday and from viewing the CD I got from the hospital I'd say I have some serious problems with my sinuses, or I'm not human......    either way isn't all that good.   At least it doesn't look like cancer....   thank God for that.

pawz

pawz

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

aah, thank you other one...between Christians and Christians???   I have not known of that teaching.

My, you have been busy, sounds like a labour of love to me. Enough to make you go cross-eyed I'da thought.... hope the appointment with doc went well, no nasty suprises, and something that can be dealt with - that's two people to add to my prayer-list tonight! :)

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,755 posts

aah, thank you other one...between Christians and Christians???   I have not known of that teaching.

My, you have been busy, sounds like a labour of love to me. Enough to make you go cross-eyed I'da thought.... hope the appointment with doc went well, no nasty suprises, and something that can be dealt with - that's two people to add to my prayer-list tonight! :)

I just discovered something else.....   when I upgraded to windows 7 I forgot to reload my Cannon software.......  bummer....     More to do.

I do love working with photo's though.   Especially with family..

LadyC

LadyC

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,491 posts
  • Interests:my interests vary from week to week, but my faith never does!

after months of reading nothing, i have started again... with Sinner's Creed, the scott stapp story. his testimony is pretty riveting. it demonstrates how someone can be a christian, and can love God, and at the same time get so messed up on drugs and alcohol. i often hear (even on these forums) how one can not be a true christian if they still continue living a lifestyle diametrically opposed to God's will. i know from personal experience how inaccurate that is, but reading this book, one comes to a whole new understanding of God's grace, even with His wayward children.

and for the record, stapp has cleaned up his life and is now dedicating his career to the Lord. i just haven't gotten to the end of the book yet.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,755 posts

Well, I finally finished my quest to watch all 9 seasons of the X-Files....

I guess I'll read a bit more now.      I just started reading a 125 page report that was published by the U.S. Army of a plausible future world environment for the eyars around 2010.   It was researched in the 1980's and was published in 1986.

We'll see how accurate it was.

pawz

pawz

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Lady C, I have finished the book Sinners Creed, and  went on to check out, as best I could, how Scotts life has progressed since that book was written. I hope for him, and his lovely family, but feel there is yet more to be accomplished, that the old ways might still be calling. If you find  a more positive continuance that would confirm he truly is freed from the past, I would be pleased to know, because it is a painful thing to see one in such a place which they cannot quite reach out of. Indeed I knew of just such a one here where I live, seeking but never quite finding. He never made it in this earthly life.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network