christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Youth Online Ministry

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
I'm thinking about starting an online youth ministry on a blog and also on YouTube, and am struggling on what topic I should start out with. Also, once my channel gets going, I would appreciate constructive criticism and feedback.

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,098 posts

No offence, but perhaps you need to be a little bit more mature in your faith and knowledge before you enter into that type of ministry. Your statements in the past have not always aligned with scripture and the Lord holds those who "teach" to a higher standard.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,482 posts

I'm thinking about starting an online youth ministry on a blog and also on YouTube, and am struggling on what topic I should start out with. Also, once my channel gets going, I would appreciate constructive criticism and feedback.

Taking what Parker said into account. Do you have any Ministry experience? Do you have a church you relate to that can guide you? Is this a calling from God or is it a self desire? (you will know if it is a calling).

What is your stance on homosexuality and the bible?

John Robinson

John Robinson

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

I don't understand why he's still listed as an unbeliever. If he's a Christian, this should be changed; if not, starting a ministry shouldn't even be on his radar.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,653 posts

....don't understand....an unbeliever.... starting a ministry shouldn't even be on.... radar....

~

Step

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

By Step

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Starting

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, Luke 4:18

With Step One

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

I don't understand why he's still listed as an unbeliever. If he's a Christian, this should be changed; if not, starting a ministry shouldn't even be on his radar.

Thing is, I am a Christian. It is just that you have labeled me an unbeliever, which I am not.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

Thing is, I am a Christian. It is just that you have labeled me an unbeliever, which I am not.

Are you indwelled with the holy spirit best?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Blessings best!

Praise & Glory to God.......well that sounds like a wonderful thing,I am hoping that you have prayed about this & that the Holy Spirit is leading you & showing you direction and as long as you have the call from the Lord then ....go for it!!!!!The Holy Spirit will give you the Wisdom,Understanding,Discernment & anything you need to carry out Gods Will by that same Power that raised Jesus from the dead On the 3rd day!

I know so many people that were called by God for His purpose very early in their walk with Christ and have totally submitted themselves without reservation & have beautiful and effective ministries to this day,,,,,,perhaps they were advantageous in that they simplly walked by faith & trust in God without any preconceptions of their own.......keep the Heart & Mind of Christ,stay out of Gods way and never make a move without Word from the Lord & you will be fine....

From my understanding you have been a Christian for some time now,I don't know why you were labeled an unbeliever but the mods must have a good reason,it may be a good idea perhaps to talk the discrepencies over with one of the moderators here & see if perhaps you could get a clear understanding of what they see......you certainly would want to make sure that nothing you would ever say could cause any confusion for a young believer.......our brothers & sisters that serve here are quite knowledgable in the Scriptures & I am sue they would be more than happy to answer any questions for you......

So what type of ministry will his be?A place for them to fellowship or what do you have in mind?

I will keep you in my prayers that God directs your every footstep & the Holy Spirit leads you & guides you ,in Jesus Mighty Name....God Bless you!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Taking what Parker said into account. Do you have any Ministry experience? Do you have a church you relate to that can guide you? Is this a calling from God or is it a self desire? (you will know if it is a calling).

I believe that homosexuals should be respected as people and as children of God and that homosexuals can be Christians.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,663 posts

I believe that homosexuals should be respected as people and as children of God and that homosexuals can be Christians.

Then you are not fit for youth ministry.  God hates homosexuality and calls it a sin.   You are not doctrinally sound, nor doctrinally pure and you have no business ministering to anyone.  It is doubtful that you are an authentic follower of Jesus, yourself, given how quickly and easily you shift back and forth from being a Christian one day to rejecting Christianity the next.

bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Then you are not fit for youth ministry.  God hates homosexuality and calls it a sin.   You are not doctrinally sound, nor doctrinally pure and you have no business ministering to anyone.  It is doubtful that you are an authentic follower of Jesus, yourself, given how quickly and easily you shift back and forth from being a Christian one day to rejecting Christianity the next.

It's not so much as a rejection as it is a struggle. And why? Christ only puts one requirement on eternal life and that's John 3:16 so,gays can get into heaven.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,663 posts

It's not so much as a rejection as it is a struggle. And why? Christ only puts one requirement on eternal life and that's John 3:16 so,gays can get into heaven.

One day you say you are a Christian, the you say you're not then you're calling yourself a "Jedi" and then you' re not and then you are a Christian again.  You are not stable enough spiritually to be involved in ministering to anyone.

This is not about the requirements to get to heaven.  This is about the fact that you are not doctrinally or biblically sound enough, given that you support homosexuality and gay marriage and believe that people can live in that sinful lifestyle and be Christians.  

John 3:16 isn't whole story on what it means to be a Christian.   You are in no position to offer ministry to anyone.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

Homosexuals are not children of God. To become a child of God, a homosexual would have to repent and accept Jesus into their hearts. What is in your heart best? What is your belief in who Jesus Christ is?

Christ only puts one requirement on eternal life and that's John 3:16 so,gays can get into heaven.

No that's wrong. You say "Christ" only puts one requirement" etc..........but best, you need to understand something. Christ, the son of God (Jesus Christ) led a perfect and holy life. But here's the thing, he led that specific life in order to die for our sins. Christ is the only one that can forgive us of our sins. You had mentioned (John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.) That's a good verse, but you're only seeing half of it. There's a difference in believing........and then truly believing in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead. The difference also between the Jesus you know and the Jesus I know is that the one I know had required me to repent of my sins in order to fully know him. Rather, it is impossible for a homosexual to be indwelled with the holy spirit unless they repent. That's really where the intimacy comes in best, it's having that personal relationship with Christ as you had said. And you can't have that personal relationship unless you repent and accept him into your heart. That's where salvation starts, understanding that you are in fact a sinner and that you need a savior. I think you might just know God maybe a quarter of the way, but to know him fully and intimately is to know in your heart that he is in fact alive and that God raised Jesus from the dead. ALIVE, and not just words in a book. - DRS81

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,098 posts

So you no longer believe that homosexuality is not a sin, as you have stated before?

bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

So you no longer believe that homosexuality is not a sin, as you have stated before?

I did not state that it was a sin. I said that having sex as a homosexual (more specifically outside of marriage. If a homosexual is married, then I have no problem with him/her having sex). And DR, homosexuals can believe in Christ and follow in Him, as they were created by God just as the rest of us were and have a desire to follow their creator, and they can do this while being gay.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,663 posts

I did not state that it was a sin. I said that having sex as a homosexual (more specifically outside of marriage. If a homosexual is married, then I have no problem with him/her having sex). And DR, homosexuals can believe in Christ and follow in Him, as they were created by God just as the rest of us were and have a desire to follow their creator, and they can do this while being gay.

You are completely wrong.   Homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible and all homosexuals are going to hell, bottom line.  God did not create people to be gay.  They cannot follow Jesus as long as they are living in deliberate disobedience.

This is why you have no business starting a ministry.  Your views are not Christian and are not biblical.

bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer

• Nonbeliever
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

You are completely wrong.   Homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible and all homosexuals are going to hell, bottom line.  God did not create people to be gay.  They cannot follow Jesus as long as they are living in deliberate disobedience.

This is why you have no business starting a ministry.  Your views are not Christian and are not biblical.

You have no business in telling me that I can't start a ministry. And I'm following the passage of Mark 12:30-31 and the Golden Rule. And why is homosexuality still considered by you a sin when you and I don't follow most of the 600+ laws found in the Torah? It's because they were fulfilled by Christ, and that is how homosexuals can be called to the kingdom of God while still being a homosexual.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,653 posts
You have no business in telling me that I can't start a ministry.

And I'm following the passage of Mark 12:30-31 and the Golden Rule.

And why is homosexuality still considered by you a sin when you and I don't follow most of the 600+ laws found in the Torah?

It's because they were fulfilled by Christ, and that is how homosexuals can be called to the kingdom of God while still being a homosexual.

~

Dear One, If You Love Them Even A Little Bit

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:29-31

Tell Them The

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Truth

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:12-15

~

The Lies Of Man

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Romans 1:22-24

And The Truth Of God

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. Romans 1:25-27

Beloved, Which One Will You Spread

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Romans 1:28-31

Upon The Souls Of Mankind

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:32

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,663 posts

You have no business in telling me that I can't start a ministry.

I have every reason for telling you can't start a ministry. You are awash in false doctrine and sinful, godless theology including your support of homosexuality.  That disqualifies you from being used by God in any ministry.

And I'm following the passage of Mark 12:30-31 and the Golden Rule.

No, you are not following the Golden Rule.  You don't know beans about the Golden Rule.

And why is homosexuality still considered by you a sin when you and I don't follow most of the 600+ laws found in the Torah? It's because they were fulfilled by Christ, and that is how homosexuals can be called to the kingdom of God while still being a homosexual.

Most of the laws given in the Torah for Israel not for the Church.  The New Tesetament condemns homosexuality in Roman 1: 26-28 and I Cor. 6:9.   The New Testament says that those who practice homosexuality will not enter the Kingdom of God.

As for laws being fulfiled...   "Fulfilled" means, "to bring to fuller expression."   "Fulfilled doesn't mean, "do away with."  The laws were not terminated, they were personified in Jesus Christ.   He fufilled them in the prophetic sense during His first coming.  He was the fullness of the law, not the termination of the law.

God did not do away with His hatred of the homosexual lifestyle and those who practice homosexuality will go to hell, unless they repent and turn from their sin of the gay lifestyle.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

No, that's wrong. Homosexuality is a sin whether they are married or not. I would say homosexual marriage is worse because the deception and delusion has pretty much taken its toll.

And DR, homosexuals can believe in Christ and follow in Him, as they were created by God just as the rest of us were and have a desire to follow their creator, and they can do this while being gay.

No, that's wrong too. Homosexuals cannot believe in Christ and follow him at the same time. It's impossible for the holy spirit to indwell a sinful body. Holiness cannot indwell evilness. In order for holiness to indwell a body, forgiveness is in order. The body of Christ is a holy vessel, best. Homosexuals have their own idea of who they want Christ to be, which is a delusion and a deception. This delusion and deception comes straight from the devil. Rather, the real Christ does not allow homosexuality in the body of Christ. In order for the holy spirit to indwell you, you must repent of your sins and homosexuality is a sin, married or not.

Also, God did not create homosexuals in the mother's womb best, that's actually the opposite of who God is, the God of the Holy Bible. God created man and woman, not man and man. Homosexuality is a choice people make, and their creator is actually the devil himself sending deception and delusion into their minds and hearts. You need to re-evaluate your ministry and stop blaspheming the Bible. It's not a good way to start a ministry.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network