christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Suicide and

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

God. God used the suicide of a person in my life to bring me to salvation in 2005, and it almost killed me. But I'm thankful that God's love was on the other side of that black tunnel. Has anyone else experienced the suicide/God story in their life, being that the suicide rate increases every year and stuff.

Taker

Taker

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

I went through a short "phase" in my life where I was almost suicidal. 

I was loosing sleep and feeling very detached from my family. I didn't feel like I could trust anyone who was close to me. Soon I was dealing with paranoia and sleep-deprivation (its hard to go to sleep when you are worried). To make matters worse, I became obsessed (and boy do I mean obsessed) with the band Nirvana. It was one of the worst times in my life and I feel like in that time I had lost my salvation. Eventually my parents sent me to a mental hospital. It was there that I woke up and realized that I wasn't in sync with God. Looking back, I learned a lot from my experience. While I was inside the hospital I got to meet a lot of kids my age who were dealing with the same things that I was. Now I can do a better job of relating to suicidal people. Also, I don't ever wanna hear another note from Kurt Cobain ever again.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts

God. God used the suicide of a person in my life to bring me to salvation in 2005, and it almost killed me. But I'm thankful that God's love was on the other side of that black tunnel. Has anyone else experienced the suicide/God story in their life, being that the suicide rate increases every year and stuff.

I was very young, not even a pre-teen  yet, crying in isolation because I felt so hated by everyone yet again. In my heart I wanted my life to be over. I don't know what my words were, but I was pleadeing with God - whether verbally or mentally, I don't remember.

But then I had an image in my mind, I guess you could call it a vision, but it was see like one would their imagination. I saw myself as if I had ended my life and I was meeting Jesus, but He was crying. Crying! And I could sense Him saying through His tears, "Why did you do that?"

I realized then how much He loved me and how important my life was to Him, even if my life felt worthless and despised by those around me. Jesus wanted me alive, and so that gave me the strength to stay alive.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Blessings DRS,,,,,

Yes,Brother....I have experienced losing friends & family to suicide,too many times.It seems ,my entire life since my youth,I have been surrounded by death ......suicides,accidental,natural,in sickness and murder.............there were so many kids dying in my circle as a teenager that I literally cried to my mom & dad ,believing that I was"next"..................it was just horrible but thank God I had Jesus & loving parents to get through it & keep a sound mind

Losing loved ones is difficult enough,let alone suicide & murder....it is hard to get closure when someone takes their own life and even worse when someone takes it away from them.................Praise the Lord,DRS,that He used something so awful for something so good,your Salvation

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network