christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your avatar on Worthy.... what is it, what does it mean?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

Some people on Worthy don't have avatars, some do.

Is it idolatry to have an avatar? I don't think so. God made us all individuals with different personalities. Even God himself uses symbolism. As long as you don't worship your own avatar then I don't see any problem.

But why did you choose your avatar? What do you like about it? Do you like the colour, the shape, or were you just being practical and found a picture that you could shrink to the right size?

Some people just use photos of themselves and others like to take pictures from elsewhere and use them. Others design their own.

Tell me about your avatar.

After all,it's the symbol that people recognise you by. When scrolling down the Worthy forum boards we spot the people we know by their avatars more than we do by their names.

My avatar is based on a coat-of-arms that I devised myself but roughly following Medieval English form (with a bit of artistic license). Tell us the story of your avatar and why you picked it. Even if you change it from time to time, it doesn't matter. There's a story behind that too.

Let's have an informal chat about avatars. I love colour, shape and form. I want to know your story. Let's have some fun too.

patticats

patticats

Advanced Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Lol mine is pretty simple.  I'm Patti and love cats!! If I could have a cattery I would name it Patticats!! :wub:

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,663 posts
  • Interests:Church, spending time with the family, Hunting, Fishing, shooting, camping, anything outdoors really, occasionally dabling in the finer arts of computers.

mines just a photo I took of myself while standing on top of my parents shed (we were re-roofing it) It turned out rather well so I uploaded it. :D

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts

mines just a photo I took of myself while standing on top of my parents shed (we were re-roofing it) It turned out rather well so I uploaded it. :D

Roofing? But you appear to be on the ground. I realise that most of Wyoming is at high altitude, but...............

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts

Lol mine is pretty simple.  I'm Patti and love cats!! If I could have a cattery I would name it Patticats!! :wub:

Common sense really.... How could I not notice that?

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,663 posts
  • Interests:Church, spending time with the family, Hunting, Fishing, shooting, camping, anything outdoors really, occasionally dabling in the finer arts of computers.

Roofing? But you appear to be on the ground. I realise that most of Wyoming is at high altitude, but...............

I really was standing on top of a shed roof. thats the neighbors backyard your seeing in the back ground lol.

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
I used to have a landscape picture for an avatar -- the usual sky-clouds-sea kind -- and the story behind it was just I simply didn't want to show my face to everyone.

Now I have a picture of myself. Figured out that if I really want to reach out to more people, I need to be open and honest, and put a face into my words.

~

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,515 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

Mine is me and Mrs Fez, whom I love to the point of distraction. 

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,300 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

mine is a picture of a hurt owl at one of my favorite camping places.  It brings me pleasure to see and hope it does others...

walkonwater

walkonwater
  • Members
  • 62 posts

After the Lord had baptized me in the Holy Spirit, as I was leaving that place and came to my car there was a butterfly on the grill of my car, and seeing that butterfly made me think of how I felt within....soooooo free, but it was more than that even....so heavenly.   And the water represents Jesus, He is the Living Water that washes us in Him, taking our sins and the effects those sins made, and makes us like brand new, setting us captives free, free of all the crap here in this world that can get ya all tangled up.  The washing of the word of God who is Jesus, gives you new life in Him.  Full freedom in Jesus, the Living Water of Life.   What "peace," huh?   ^_^

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Interests:The Kingdom of God.

Zion is my middle name :)

pawz

pawz

• PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Computers, computer gaming, dogs, music ( all sorts), creative writing and poetry, nature, the Lord's return, prophecy in Scripture, koine Greek, keeping the mind agile with puzzles (but not 'word-search - ugh) looking after the garden and best beloved - none of these being listed in order of importance!

I think your green Z is lovely Zion, special - and the tree too

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Interests:The Kingdom of God.

Thanks Pawz, it's a visualization of the scripture in my signature  :)

Cletus

Cletus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
I got the free avatar.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts

I got the free avatar.

I like it, but you really need to change your hairstyle. It's very bland.

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

mine is a picture of a hurt owl at one of my favorite camping places. It brings me pleasure to see and hope it does others...

I love the owl. Don't ever change it :)

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

I got the free avatar.

I like it, but you really need to change your hairstyle. It's very bland.

:biggrin2:

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,421 posts
  • Interests:Dog training, fellowshipping with my family at Worthy. Worshiping the Lord in song. Sharing Jesus with those who do not know Him.

My name comes from one of my beloved dogs.  I found him in a parking lot one day in the summer.  It was one of those blistering days we get the southern California desert, about 110. 

I took him home gave him a cool bath fed him and he stayed with us for six years until I lost him to intestinal cancer.  He was a full blooded Rhodesian Ridgeback. They are also called the African Lion Hound even though they don't come from  Africa. They use then to flush out lions. they are big powerful dogs.  They are red in color gold eyes. They have a ridge of hair that  grows in the oppsite direction of  his coat. my husband Steve named him Rusty and I told him he was  my angel.  Hence the name Rustyangel.  I cried for  three years over him and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't  think of him.

Bethany

Bethany

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Medical Missions, Old Testament Studies, Jesus, Running, Swimming, Hiking, My Dog, Art of Strength (AOS), My Niblings (Nieces and Nephews).

Bethany is my name. And that is my face. I love the name my parents gave me :) And I have to say...they did a pretty good job with me too! ;) 

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Bethany is my name. And that is my face. I love the name my parents gave me :) And I have to say...they did a pretty good job with me too! ;)

:biggrin2:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network