• Latest Posts

• This is an excellent observation. When following the Biblical timeline, I find it interesting that the very day I think the rapture will occur is on a Sunday. Nice find I will disagree with this comment though................"How wonderfully fitting if the Lord should return for His bride on a Sunday, (the day of His resurrection) to resurrect His sleeping saints - and clothe them (together with us who are still alive) with immortality." I think this statement is incorrect. I believe that the dead in Christ rise first. This is the barley harvest. I think Christ will return toward the end of summer for the wheat harvest which is the alive that remained. Anyway, it is an awesome find. I'm glad you took the time to emphasize your point. 
    • I assume you know the Calendar is the work of men?
    • Shalom, AdHoc. I stand corrected! I thought sure I was addressing your points; I guess not! So, I will go through them line by line to make sure we're on the same page: I'm going to answer this as though I'm talking to one who believes that a believer goes to heaven when he dies. We have NO ASSURANCE that this is true. I know that this will be a point of contention with many, but I believe the Bible is true when we read, Ecclesiastes 9:1-12 (KJV) 1 For all this I considered in my heart even to declare all this, that the righteous, and the wise, and their works, [are] in the hand of God: no man knoweth either love or hatred [by] all [that is] before them. 2 All [things come] alike to all: [there is] one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as [is] the good, so [is] the sinner; [and] he that sweareth, as [he] that feareth an oath. 3 This [is] an evil among all [things] that are done under the sun, that [there is] one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness [is] in their heart while they live, and after that [they go] to the dead. 4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. 5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever (Hebrew: לְעוֹלָם = l`owlaam = "to-[the]-vanishing-point") in any [thing] that is done under the sun. 7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works. 8 Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment. 9 Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that [is] thy portion in [this] life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun. 10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might; for [there is] no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave (Hebrew: בִּשְׁאוֹל = bish'owl = "in-Sh'owl" = "in-[the]-Asked-about"), whither thou goest. 11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race [is] not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. 12 For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so [are] the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them. However, we also find 'IyoV saying, Job 19:23-29 (KJV) 23 Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! 24 That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever! 25 For I know [that] my redeemer liveth, and [that] he shall stand at the latter [day] upon the earth: 26 And [though] after my skin [worms] destroy this [body], yet IN MY FLESH SHALL I SEE GOD: 27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; [though] my reins be consumed within me. 28 But ye should say, "Why persecute we him, seeing the root of the matter is found in me?" 29 Be ye afraid of the sword: for wrath [bringeth] the punishments of the sword, that ye may know [there is] a judgment. We read this said about the first Man, haa'Aadaam: Genesis 2:7 (KJV) 7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Here's the Hebrew: וַיִּיצֶר יְהוָה אֱלֹהִים אֶת־הָאָדָם עָפָר מִן־הָאֲדָמָה וַיִּפַּח בְּאַפָּיו נִשְׁמַת חַיִּים וַיְהִי הָאָדָם לְנֶפֶשׁ חַיָּה׃ Here is the Hebrew transliterated into English letters: 7 Vayyiytser YHWH 'Elohiym 'et-haa'Aaadaam `aafaar min-haa'adaamaah vayyipach b'apaayow nishmat chayyiym vayhiy haa'Aadaam lnefesh chayyaah: This translates word-for-word to ... 7 And-formed YHWH God [d.o.->]-the-Red-(man) of-dust from-the-red-(ground) and-puffed into-his-nostrils a-puff of-living-things and-was-made the-Red-(man) into-a-breathing-(creature) living: Rearranged for English word order, we get ... 7 And YHWH God formed the Red-(man) of-dust from the red-(ground) and puffed into his nostrils a puff of living things and the Red-(man) was-made into a living, breathing-(creature): There is absolutely NOTHING said in this verse that smacks of anything immaterial or "spiritual." It's the first example of RESCUE-BREATHING, to "jump-start" the first man who WAS a body! (not HAD a body!) The man was FORMED as a "red man of dust." His origin came "from the red ground." YHWH God "puffed into his nostrils a puff of air" (same as in other living things), and "the red man was made into a living, air-breathing creature." When the Man (Adam) was cursed, we read this about the process: Genesis 3:17-19 (KJV) 7 And unto Adam he said, "Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, 'Thou shalt not eat of it': cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return." The Hebrew of verse 19 is ... בְּזֵעַת אַפֶּיךָ תֹּאכַל לֶחֶם עַד שׁוּבְךָ אֶל־הָאֲדָמָה כִּי מִמֶּנָּה לֻקָּחְתָּ כִּי־עָפָר אַתָּה וְאֶל־עָפָר תָּשׁוּב׃ This transliterates to ... 19 Bzee`at 'apeykhaa to'khal lechem `ad shuwVkhaa 'el-haa'adaamaah kiy mimmennaah luqqaachtaa kiy-`aafaar 'attaah v'el-`aafaar taashuwV: And, this is translated word-for-word into English as ... 19 "In-[the]-sweat of-thy-face thou-shalt-eat bread until thou-return to-the-red-(ground) for from-it thou-wast-taken for-dust thou-art and-to-dust thou-shalt-return:"  Again, God doesn't say "his BODY will return"; He said that HE would return to the red ground! He said that he WAS dust, and they he would return to dust! Then, when we read of his actual death, we find this: Genesis 5:5 (KJV) 5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died. The Hebrew is ... וַיִּהְיוּ כָּל־יְמֵי אָדָם אֲשֶׁר־חַי תְּשַׁע מֵאוֹת שָׁנָה וּשְׁלֹשִׁים שָׁנָה וַיָּמֹת׃ ס It's transliterated as ... 5 Vayyihyow kaal-ymeey 'Aadaam 'asher-chay tsha` mee'owt shaanaah uwshlshiym shaanaah vayyaamot: C This translates word-for-word to ... 5 And-were all-[the]-days of-Adam that-he-lived nine hundred years and-thirty years and-he-died: [End-Of-Topic]  Again, rearranging the words for English word order, we get ... 5 And all the days of Adam that he lived were nine hundred and thirty years, and he died. Again, the wording is not "the BODY of the Red man," but just "the Red man."  I'll tackle the rest of these tomorrow.
    • I wasn't discussing that topic. I was discussing the probability of a Sunday rapture. Sunday | ˈsənˌdā, ˈsəndē | noun the day of the week before Monday and following Saturday, observed by Christians as a day of rest and religious worship and (together with Saturday) forming part of the weekend: they left town on Sunday | many people work on Sundays | [as modifier] : Sunday evening.
  • Who's Online

126 Guests
    Justin Adams Cntrysner mel85 dad2 Truswell
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. ADisciple
      ADisciple
      Not Telling
    2. angels4u
      angels4u
      Not Telling
    3. Blackthorn
      Blackthorn
      40 years old