1. Christian Discussions

1. Study Group

Join our online studies! Only those part of the ministry can start topics in this forum, although anyone may reply to any topic started!

Online forum for users to post their Bible studies.

1. General

All videos are will be reviewed before being published on WCF.

1. 46.7k

Live-blogging events, posting interesting Op-Eds and tidbits, that are relevant — but not necessarily something we can publish on Worthy News.

1. Worthy Devotions

...read our Bible based daily devotions from Israel.

• Where you see that in Matthew 7:21-28 ? "Not every one that says to me Lord Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that DOES the will of my Father" Jesus is speaking about DOING the will of the Father. The will of the Father is that we obey the Son. Deuteronomy 18:18-19 Acts 3:22-23 He that does not love me, does not keep my teachings. John 14:24 If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let that person be Anathema! (destined for destruction) Oh Lord Come! 1 Corinthians 16:22     "Many will SAY TO ME in that day .... THEREFORE WHOSOEVER hears these sayings.... " Matthew 7:22, 24 Jesus is talking about WHOSOEVER. Anybody and everybody who hears the sayings of Christ and does not put them into practice is like a fool that built his house upon the sand, when the time comes, in that day, great will be the fall of that house.            
    • Thank you for your answer. Just to let people know what is in the bible because I found out that many people have stop reading the Bible and they only read commentaries about what is in the Bible and they never check the scripture reference.  And I do not mean you because it's obvious that you like to think for your self. I also did that post to help others in their quest about the day Jesus died and what took place on that day. 
    • Well, maybe just a little bias... "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed (by faith)"   God foreknew and predestined! I may take my chainsaw into our woods and only select certain hardwoods that I can tell will meet my requirements. I cut these down, tell my son where to get them. He gets those I gave him, and I let no one else have even one of them. THEN, in my son's hands, those trees are predestined to become beautiful furniture. The cut down trees were pre known by me, having found certain trees that had the right grain and color requirements.  Most of the trees do not meet the standard. Many were looked at, but I only found the few A1 hardwoods that were chosen. Quality lumber meeting certain requirements, given to my son, and becomes beautiful furniture. This pleases me, his father..... Thanks Neighbor...      
    • Shalom, @Desopixi Seilynam! Very well said! Most Christians these days think Ezekiel 37 (the "Valley of Dry Bones") was a FIGURATIVE thing, meant to describe the children of Israel today, but there is absolutely NO REASON for believing that this isn't LITERALLY GOING TO HAPPEN! God will INDEED raise His own people from the dead, and the genetic children of Israel are just as much a part of "those who belong to the Messiah" as are the "born-again believers in Christ (which MEANS 'Messiah,' btw)!" In fact, they are the ORIGINAL MEMBERS of the Messiah's Kingdom! And, picture this: After the Resurrection, it will be MUCH HARDER for today's Jews to deny the Messiah when He comes, when their own fathers and grandfathers of many generations are alive again and are telling them THIS IS HE! Zechariah 12:10-14 (KJV) 10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced," and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn. 11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. 12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart; 13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart; 14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart. And, these names are found in the LINEAGE OF THE MESSIAH through His mother, Miryam ("Mary"): Luke 3:21-38 (KJV) 21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, "Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." 23 And Jesus (Yeeshuwa`) himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the [adopted] son of Joseph (Yosef), which was [the son(-in-law)] of Heli, 24 Which was [the son] of Matthat, which was [the son] of Levi, which was [the son] of Melchi, which was [the son] of Janna, which was [the son] of Joseph, 25 Which was [the son] of Mattathias, which was [the son] of Amos, which was [the son] of Naum, which was [the son] of Esli, which was [the son] of Nagge, 26 Which was [the son] of Maath, which was [the son] of Mattathias, which was [the son] of SEMEI (SHIMEI),  which was [the son] of Joseph, which was [the son] of Juda, 27 Which was [the son] of Joanna, which was [the son] of Rhesa, which was [the son] of Zorobabel, which was [the son] of Salathiel, which was [the son] of Neri, 28 Which was [the son] of Melchi, which was [the son] of Addi, which was [the son] of Cosam, which was [the son] of Elmodam, which was [the son] of Er, 29 Which was [the son] of Jose, which was [the son] of Eliezer, which was [the son] of Jorim, which was [the son] of Matthat, which was [the son] of LEVI (LEVIY),  30 Which was [the son] of Simeon, which was [the son] of Juda, which was [the son] of Joseph, which was [the son] of Jonan, which was [the son] of Eliakim, 31 Which was [the son] of Melea, which was [the son] of Menan, which was [the son] of Mattatha, which was [the son] of NATHAN,  which was [the son] of DAVID,  32 Which was [the son] of Jesse, which was [the son] of Obed, which was [the son] of Booz, which was [the son] of Salmon, which was [the son] of Naasson, 33 Which was [the son] of Aminadab, which was [the son] of Aram, which was [the son] of Esrom, which was [the son] of Phares, which was [the son] of Juda (Judah), 34 Which was [the son] of Jacob (Ya`aqov), which was [the son] of Isaac (Yitschaq), which was [the son] of Abraham, which was [the son] of Thara, which was [the son] of Nachor, 35 Which was [the son] of Saruch, which was [the son] of Ragau, which was [the son] of Phalec, which was [the son] of Heber (from whom we get "Hebrew"), which was [the son] of Sala, 36 Which was [the son] of Cainan, which was [the son] of Arphaxad, which was [the son] of Sem (Shem), which was [the son] of Noe (Noach), which was [the son] of Lamech, 37 Which was [the son] of Mathusala, which was [the son] of Enoch (Chanokh), which was [the son] of Jared, which was [the son] of Maleleel, which was [the son] of Cainan, 38 Which was [the son] of Enos, which was [the son] of Seth (Shet), which was [the son] of Adam, which was [the son] of God. (One should remember that the Greek language didn't have the "sh" sound; so the Hebrew letter "shin" was usually transliterated as a "sigma," which has the "s" sound.) This lineage was written looking back in time; so, the names are reversed. So, ALL these people shall be ALIVE AGAIN! The reason for all the mourning is now clear! The Messiah will be THEIR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD! If the men only had the one son, "they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son]"; if they had more than one son, "they ... shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn!"
    • Thanks Dennis and I agree with you that an important point is indeed the starting point of the 4th and final Great Jubilee. Therefore, I would kindly ask you to consider the following in that determination:   25a-Know therefore and understand that from the going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem Verse 25a provides the start of the clock when this prophetic event will take place. This is one of the "timed" internal borders found within this prophecy. It represents the time of the arrival of the Messiah, the Prince. When a command is given to restore and build Jerusalem, there will be a period of seven weeks (49 prophetic years) and sixty-two weeks (434 prophetic years), for a total of sixty-nine weeks (483 prophetic years). On the first day of the seventieth week, the Messiah would arrive to be baptized in the Jordan. This is the beginning of His ministry, which will last 3.5 years until He is “cut-off” (crucified). So, when was this decree given? Unfortunately, most commentators are not in agreement on when this decree was given, and there are some who disagree on who is giving it. Some contend the one issuing the decree is Cyrus; consequently, they would start their prophetic clock around 538/7 BC. Others claim it represents a decree issued by Darius (not Darius the Mede but Darius the Persian) in 419 BC, but few have accepted this. But the majority finds that the one who would issue this decree is Artaxerxes, the Persian king who would come to power in 465 BC. However, the controversy would continue since he would issue two separate decrees: Artaxerxes would issue a decree in 457 BC (recorded by Ezra in 7:7-8) and another in 454 BC (recorded by Nehemiah 2:1–17). There is no shortage of supporting work for either of these dates, and each group feels their interpretation should stand. Perhaps there is another approach that will move the needle to one side or the other. So, we might want to start from the beginning—not the beginning of either of the two dates of Artaxerxes decrees, but before the start of these proposed starting dates. Daniel's 70 Weeks (490 years) gives a major clue that God determines and measures the redemptive history of Israel in cycles of 70*7=490 years. In particular, it defines the last of these cycles as running from the Ezra Decree to restore Jerusalem (458/7 BC) to Messiah's sacrificial atoning Death and Resurrection (AD 33). Matthew 18:21-22 also implies there is something special about 70*7 = 490: “Peter came and said to Him: “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him: “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to SEVENTY times SEVEN (70 x 7 = 490). From this passage, we see that 490 is the amount of FORGIVENESS. Thus, the cycle of 490 years can be seen as a Forgiveness cycle (70*7 years) as well as a Great Jubilee cycle (10*49 years). Both concepts agree in emphasizing God’s Mercy and Grace, so that we would expect these Great Forgiveness cycles to start and end with great national ‘Jubilee’ events of forgiveness, release and restoration. We would expect the intervention of God at these times in grace and power, forgiving the past, restoring them and giving them a new start. Thus, this Great Jubilee would seal off the previous 490 years, and then open up the new cycle of 490 years. THE HISTORY OF ISRAEL - ITS FOUR GREAT JUBILEE CYCLES These 490-year cycles are indeed confirmed in the history of Israel. Israel had a national Jubilee every 490 years. The outpouring of grace at these times demonstrated God’s forgiveness of the past and His blessing for the future. Thus, God has marked the very structure of time with the revelation of the Jubilee: Forgiveness and full Salvation through the Blood of the Atoning Sacrifice (Leviticus 25). God set apart 4 distinct units of 490 years, and determined these four Great Jubilee cycles to form the backbone for Israel’s history. He fulfilled His purpose through these cycles: 1) Abraham to Exodus, 2) Exodus to Dedication of Solomon’s Temple, 3) From the Dedication of Solomon’s Temple to Artaxerxes decree to restore and build Jerusalem in 457 BC, 4) And finally, the fourth and last Great Jubilee from Artaxerxes decree to the last week in Daniel’s 70 weeks of years prophecy totaling 490 years. (New Book: Daniel’s 70 Weeks, Appendix 6: Israel’s 490 Year cycles Oxford Bible Church, Pastor Derick Walker). As a result, Pastor Walker determined there were 560 literal years from the dedication of Solomon’s Temple to Artaxerxes decree in 457 BC. This was comprised of two separate time elements: the ten Jubilee cycles of 49 years (490 years) and the 70 years the Jews were in captivity in Babylon, which would be considered unreckoned years and would not be counted towards the Great Jubilee cycle. Therefore, it would take 560 literal years before God would accept or count the required 490 years to complete the third Great Jubilee sabbatical cycle. Consequently, the end of the third cycle would become the start of the fourth cycle in 457 BC (Artaxerxes’ decree). There may also be another approach to tackle this contested issue. But it would start with a comment based on the work of a second-century BC Seder, Olam Rabbah, stating the first temple stood for 410 years until its destruction by Nebuchadnezzar in 587/6 BC. If correct, this means Solomon’s Temple would have been dedicated around 996 BC (587/6 plus 410 literal years). Consequently, the third Great Jubilee cycle would still need an additional eighty years (490–410) at the time of the Babylonian destruction before the 490-year period (ten 49-year cycles) was reached to complete the third Great Jubilee cycle. There was a total of 49 years from 587/6 BC, the year Nebuchadnezzar physically destroyed the Temple, until Cyrus issued his decree allowing the Jews to return to Jerusalem in 538/7 BC. These represent the number of years the Jews were not in the land of Israel; the Temple was physically destroyed. These years would not be counted towards the Jubilee cycle. Thus, the required number of years to complete the third Great Jubilee cycle would still be short by 80 years. However, the Jews would return to their land after Cyrus’ decree in 538/7 BC, and in exactly eighty years, Artaxerxes would issue his decree in 457 BC. This would reconcile the 490-year requirement between the second and third Great Jubilee cycles and begin the fourth and final Great Jubilee sabbatical cycle. Now, Daniel’s seventy-weeks-of-years (490 literal years) would begin in 457 BC and end in 33 AD. And to add another layer of support to the 457 BC start date for the fourth and final Great Jubilee cycle, we will find Ezra’s reading of the law in the month of Tishri, 445–444. This would represent the end of the second seven-year sabbatical cycle after their return to Jerusalem. Consequently, if we were to add back two seven-year sabbatical cycles totaling fourteen years, it would bring us back to the 458/7 BC date of the Artaxerxes decree.   Look forward to your thoughts, Charlie  
  • Who's Online

199 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. Benobi1
      Benobi1
      48 years old
    2. eph215
      eph215
      56 years old
    3. francois
      francois
      41 years old