christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Watch Japan for earthquakes next week

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

bornagain2011

bornagain2011

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
Some past quakes in Japan...

HEBRON, March 8, 2011 (WAFA) – A hand-over ceremony today between Japan and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) marks Japan’s continued commitment to provide food assistance to the poorest of the poor in the West Bank, occupied Palestinian territory. Japan’s contribution of US$ 3.1 million comes in support of the Palestinian Authority (PA) Ministry of Social Affairs Social Safety Net reform plan. Under this plan, the Palestinian people living in extreme poverty receive a food ration, a cash grant and health insurance on a regular basis. The distribution of the food rations is ensured by WFP as part of the Assistance to the Destitute activity in close cooperation with the Ministry of Social Affairs in the West Bank.”

So basically Japan gave a whole bunch of $ to Israel's enemies, a nice humanitarian gesture, but still they were supporting the enemy....

The same day...

A 7.2-magnitude earthquake that struck off the coast of Japan this afternoon has triggered a small tsunami, but with no reports of damage. The quake hit at 1.54pm about 169 kilometres off the city of Sendai in northern Japan at a depth of 14 kilometres.

Japan has been working to divide Israel, they are to host a meeting with other Asian countries next week to discuss financial assistance to the Palestinian Authority.

Headline: 6.9 Earthquake Strikes Japan
Feb. 2, 2013: An earthquake of preliminary magnitude 6.9 struck the northern island of Hokkaido, Japan today, according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). As of this writing, there were no reports of significant damage and no tsunami was expected

So, I would not be surprised it there were to be another earthquake over there soon.

“And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed” (Genesis 12:3).

“And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it” (Zechariah 12:3).

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,500 posts
I think if you look back at the earthquakes around Japan that they are happening very frequently.... and have been for years.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts
I agree with other. being able to predict a earthquake in japan isnt difficult to do, regardless of their support for Israel or not.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts
I will be watching.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,619 posts
Ok, but I won't hold my breath. Japan is always moving and one can tie it into just about any event...

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
Japan is on the Ring of Fire, and there is much volcanic or plate shifting off their coast in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, they are expected to be devastating results from such things now a days.

His Ambassador

His Ambassador

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Japan is located along the "Ring of Fire" that goes from SE Asia to the Aleutians, down the west coast of the United States, Mexico and South America. So earthquakes are not uncommon in those areas.

His Ambassador

His Ambassador

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
I should have read the posts before I did that.

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts

I should have read the posts before I did that.

Not to worry, you defined the Ring of Fire, which is excellent. :thumbsup:

amor

amor

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts
I can't remember Jesus condemning feeding and giving medical aid to the poor. Perhaps I read the wrong Gospels!.

bornagain2011

bornagain2011

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.

-Deuteronomy 30:7

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts
I think I would be much more concerned if they said "What Michigan next week for a major earthquake. :confused:

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,745 posts
Lol one time one of our chatters said something about when a quake hits australia and new hampshire, kind of like when it snows in july in the desert southwest ....

Then Australia had a small quake and at the same time period new hampshire had a small one.

She got quiet after that lol.

Steve_S

Steve_S

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts
So, my main question would be what happens if there's no earthquake, does that disprove this theory entirely? A secondary question would be what happens if Japan comes out next week in full support of Israel? Does that mean that they'll never have another earthquake again?

Thirdly, I think we need to look at Genesis 12 in context here:

Gen 12:1 Now the LORD had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you.
Gen 12:2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing.
Gen 12:3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

God is speaking to Abram directly here with regard to the curses and blessings. It's a slippery slope when we start getting into blessings and curses based on Israel OUTSIDE of the framework of clear Biblical prophecy. We know that all nations will one day turn on Israel (yes, even the United States, if it hasn't already) and that when that time comes the judgments are going to be clear. Otherwise, trying to correlate natural disasters to things such as this is literally impossible to do with any scriptural backing and is, in my opinion, a dangerous game to be playing. We simply cannot know why those earthquakes hit japan with absolute certainty. Am I saying that right now God can't judge a nation for their treatment of Israel or for any other reason that He deems fit? Absolutely not! God is sovereign and can do what he wants. However, I am saying there's no way to definitively determine what those are right now and there's certainly no way to objectively prove any such assertions based on circumstantial evidence.

bornagain2011

bornagain2011

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
Okay nevermind........Dont watch Japan next week for an earthquake

Sorry I started this thread

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,988 posts

Okay nevermind........Dont watch Japan next week for an earthquake

Sorry I started this thread

:thumbsup:

~

Good Stuff

Then Job answered and said,
I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God?
If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand.
He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered?
Which removeth the mountains, and they know not: which overturneth them in his anger.
Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.
Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.
Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.
Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south.
Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.
Lo, he goeth by me, and I see him not: he passeth on also, but I perceive him not.
Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou?
If God will not withdraw his anger, the proud helpers do stoop under him.
How much less shall I answer him, and choose out my words to reason with him?
Job 9:1-14

And No Natter What May Be Thought
God Does Control The Earth

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
bornagain, please don't be discouraged, they shoot me down all the time, it's a sport, "Shoot Ronnie Down", right guys?

:guns: :24:

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,500 posts
Why when someone disagrees with a theory do we consider it being shot down.

Personally a friend and myself have been tracking earthquakes around Japan even before the big one, and they have earthquakes all the time there. and not just small things like we have here. It just didn't seem to me that we could tie a quake that is as frequent as they have to how they treat Israel.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,619 posts
Where I live we had a very small earthquake that cracked the wall in a building in 1940. Nothing since then.

We are sooooo...

Righteous..

Not,,, :cool2:

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,886 posts

.... Perhaps I read the wrong Gospels!.

JUST AS I HAVE SUSPECTED FOR SOME TIME!!! :laughing:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network