Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does God have a World-View?

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

.... Who will we be like when we are Resurrected? Will we still be men and women?

.... Yes we will still be whatever sex we were created to be at the resurrection of our body....

:thumbsup:

~

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

Posted · Report post

God did not create evil

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

'Matthitjah' timestamp=post='1927502'

God did not create evil.

The Spirit of the one and true living God spoke these words through the prophet Isaiah in....

Isaiah 45:6-7 - That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else....(7) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and "create evil" I the Lord do all these things.

If God did not create evil then who did? Did God plant and cause to grow the tree of the knowledge of good and "evil" in the midst of the garden of Eden along with the tree of life. If not God then who did?

I realize this thread has been innactive for some time. However, these particular posts I believe needs to be addressed.

A. Hebrew

The Hebrew word in this passage is “Rah.” In the KJV Bible for examples it occurs 663 and 431 times it is translated as evil. The other 232 times it is translated “wicked”, “bad, “hurt”, “ill”, “sorrow”, “mischief”, “displeased”, “adversity”, “affliction”, “trouble”, “calamity”, “grievous”, “misery”, and “trouble.”

This word is translated as “calamity” in the NASB and NKJV. It is translated as “disaster” in the NIV.

See: http://biblesuite.com/hebrew/7451.htm

B. Context

The context of this passage is in speaking of natural phenomena.

Isaiah 45:5-7

I am the Lord, and there is no other;

There is no God besides Me.

I will gird you, though you have not known Me,

That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting

That there is none besides Me.

I am the Lord, and there is no other;

I form the light and create darkness,

I make peace and create calamity;

I, the Lord, do all these things.

The context of the verse is dealing with who God is – Our God who speaks through natural phenomena such as the sun, light, dark. God is the One who causes peace and calamity. So in context this verse is dealing with natural disasters and human comfort issues. This passage is not speaking of moral evil but rather dealing with calamity, distress, catastrophes, hardships, etc.

Also Isaiah is presenting contrasts by mentioned “light” then “darkness” as well as “peace” and “calamity.” This does not have to do with evil from the perspective of ontology, but instead evil experienced by people in the way of calamity.

C. Other Passages

This concept is consistent with other passages in the Bible. As examples:

Exodus 4:11

11 So the Lord said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the Lord?

Amos 3:6

If a trumpet is blown in a city, will not the people be afraid?

If there is calamity in a city, will not the Lord have done it?

These two passages demonstrate that God is involved in calamity and the everyday issues of mankind’s state. Exodus 4:11 speaks of the condition of frailty we experience. Amos 3:6 speaks of woes to a city.

D. God is Pure and Not Evil

It is clear throughout Scripture that God is pure and cannot approve of evil.

Deuteronomy 32:4

He is the Rock, His work is perfect;

For all His ways are justice,

A God of truth and without injustice;

Righteous and upright is He.

Hab. 1:13

You are of purer eyes than to behold evil,

And cannot look on wickedness.

Why do You look on those who deal treacherously,

And hold Your tongue when the wicked devours

A person more righteous than he?

So the Hebrew word “Rah” can mean a variety of things in Scripture. Contextually the passage is speaking of natural disasters or calamity. Scripture points to this in other passages. And further God is shown in Scripture to be pure/good and not evil.

God bless,

GE

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0