christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ever feel hopeless?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
Do you ever look at a situation and start to feel hopeless?....i know as for me having somewhat of a strong personality, where I'm so use to taking charge...and if i'm not careful I start trustjng in my own will power instead of God's power.

Blessings,

Desi

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
I know what it is to feel hopeless, indeed, felt that way often in my life.

desi - :emot-hug:

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,103 posts
Hopelessness equates to placing ones self into the things that pass away... everyone knows we are passing from this
place in rapid fashion yet spend all their energies into this fleeting flower of grass! What could come of it but the reality
that is? Rather pour your energies into God's promises; stuff them into the eternal keepings and your hope cannot die :thumbsup:
Mt 6:21
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
NKJV

Love, Steven

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
....thank you, its so comforting to know God comforts us and He sends others for comfort, blessings to each of you.

Desi

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
Like you, I also have a strong personality and like being in control. That's the crux of the problem. Either God's in control or me. When God's on the throne of my life, all is well. When I demand to sit on that throne, everything falls apart.

I'm hard headed, but God is softening me up day by day.

worshiper70

worshiper70

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
It is good that we are lifting each other up here indeed. God bless you all. God is with us,(Immanuel) Hallelujah!! Maybe we should start a thread, listing the promises of God. People could contribute verses as they find them. It may help us in our weaknesses? Just a thought. God bless

ears

ears

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
I have come to the end of my rope before and there seemed to be no where else to go. Praise God I know him and I was able to at that point (but unfortunately not before) say this must be your territory Lord, for nothing is impossible for your mighty works. I found a bit of knowledge and comfort in purposely claiming my trials , saying this is my test the Lord is bringing me through, instead of just feeling that it was some horrible misfortune that had fallen upon me.

11 Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness,as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

God Bless You.

InHisTime77

InHisTime77
  • Members
  • 75 posts
Don't be too hard on yourself. The fact that you are striving to allow God to take control shows a willing spirit. No one is worthy in of themselves to receive God's grace. No one. But your willingness to submit yourself to our Lord and admit your faults is encouraging to me. It's good to see someone being moved closer to the Father's perfect will.

JimiSurvivor

JimiSurvivor
  • Members
  • 25 posts
Sometimes we simply cannot change or resolve a situation with our own intelligence and strength of will. That may feel uncomfortable but it is actually a good place to be. In times like those God reveals Himself to you and you grow. That is where the miracles happen.

Jesus told Paul "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me 2 Co 12:9 (NLT)

The Lord has allowed me to be weak. My natural resililence varies a lot from situation to situation. My boat is full of holes but holds together miraculously by grace. I really hate it in some ways but it never lets me forget I am needy and helps me see the needs of others.

Edited by JimiSurvivor, 23 February 2013 - 11:05 PM.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts
Oh yes,I have felt hopeless.Then I get on my knees and have a nice long conversation with my Savior and best friend :mgcheerful: .

thehopefulcry2

thehopefulcry2

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
I felt so much hopelessness at the beginning of this week....even desperation. Luckily I have some good people on here who pulled me through! I tend to stop talking to God when I feel shame, which I have been trying not to do, but I'm still a work in progress.

Dawn1974

Dawn1974

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
Do not fear!
Isaiah 41:10
"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network