christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Homosexuality?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts
I think you are right. Despite lots of data that proves how destructive homosexuality is to people, they still engage in it. If people don't value the health and well being of their own bodies, what makes us think they would value anyone else's life?

They are self destructive, and self destructive people will inevitably destroy their society along with them.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,501 posts
These are excerpts from an article by a gay man, Doug, who opposes same-sex marriage. While I don't agree with everything he says these are some very interesting points from his perspective...

"Over several years, intellectual honesty led me to some unexpected conclusions: (1) Creating a family with another man is not completely equal to creating a family with a woman, and (2) denying children parents of both genders at home is an objective evil. Kids need and yearn for both."

"Over the last couple of years, I’ve found our decision to rebuild our family ratified time after time. One day as I turned to climb the stairs I saw my sixteen-year-old son walk past his mom as she sat reading in the living room. As he did, he paused and stooped down to kiss her and give her a hug, and then continued on. With two dads in the house, this little moment of warmth and tenderness would never have occurred. My varsity-track-and-football-playing son and I can give each other a bear hug or a pat on the back, but the kiss thing is never going to happen. To be fully formed, children need to be free to generously receive from and express affection to parents of both genders. Genderless marriages deny this fullness."

"There are perhaps a hundred different things, small and large, that are negotiated between parents and kids every week. Moms and dads interact differently with their children. To give kids two moms or two dads is to withhold from them someone whom they desperately need and deserve in order to be whole and happy. It is to permanently etch "deprivation" on their hearts."

"Here’s a very sad fact of life that never gets portrayed on Glee or Modern Family: [b] I find that men I know who have left their wives as they’ve come out of the closet often lead diminished, and in some cases nearly bankrupt, lives—socially, familially, emotionally, and intellectually.
They adjust their entire view of the world and their role within it in order to accommodate what has become the dominant aspect of their lives: their homosexuality. In doing so, they trade rich lives for one-dimensional lives. Yet this is what our post-modern world has taught us to do. I went along with it for a long while, but slowly turned back when I witnessed my life shrinking and not growing."

"Gay and lesbian activists, and more importantly, the progressives urging them on, [b] seek to redefine marriage in order to achieve an ideological agenda that ultimately seeks to undefine families as nothing more than one of an array of equally desirable “social units,” and thus open the door to the increase of government’s role in our lives.
"

"Marriage is not an elastic term. It is immutable. It offers the very best for children and society. We should not adulterate nor mutilate its definition, thereby denying its riches to current and future generations."

back2thebible

back2thebible

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

I think you are right. Despite lots of data that proves how destructive homosexuality is to people, they still engage in it. If people don't value the health and well being of their own bodies, what makes us think they would value anyone else's life?

They are self destructive, and self destructive people will inevitably destroy their society along with them.

very true, was just watching a u-tube video of some poor deceived kid who just found out he has aids he had got from a guy who he dated that didn't tell him he was HIV positive

very sad, but fits quite well in the characteristics listed in Romans 1

Love is alive

Love is alive

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Here's my question.

Why does God call Homosexuality an Abomination and why is Homosexual Marriage such a danger to society?

1. Because it's against God's natural creation.

2. God designed marriage to be the institution for procreation.

Amen!! Good post!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network