christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My introduction

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

In a way, my statement of faith.

I am a Christian.  I'm happy to bear that title ... ignoring the great representation that it has endured.

I am Pentecostal ... as in I hold fast to the teachings of the beginning and strive to retain that "which was taught from the beginning".

I am Protestant ... though I'll keep the reasons to myself.

I am ... uncompromising ... in a lot of ways.  If I am wrong, I can and will accept that.  But saying "trust me" just doesn't fly with me.

The Word of God is the final authority.  And if the Word doesn't address it, the Spirit better (or I won't adhere to it).  And if the Spirit chooses to remain silent, Wisdom had better scream.  And if she remains silent, Discernment is the last line of defense.  So, no matter how sweet the words are, if I don't get it from my SOURCE, I'll not accept it.  No matter what.  But this is prophecy.  Prophecy talks about a "rider on a white horse".  And, once I've been in here for a while, maybe one day I will post my thoughts on why this is a religion instead of a man (what is consistent with the other riders, and what is clearly seen in our lifetime?), but today is not that day.

"Do not go beyond that which is written"  I am not easily overcome by winds of doctrine.  Not aliens.  Not strong arguments.  Not persuasive speech.  Christ the solid rock I stand, all OTHER ground around me is sinking sand.

In the end, WHOSE REPORT WILL YOU BELIEVE?

I'll not be a part of the Great Falling Away.

I'm not perfect, God knows.  I'm so far from it, it's pathetic!  But I am watchful. I am trusting in the Lord.  I hold on to the little that I am, and the little that I have ... because HE HIMSELF sustains me.  HE HIMSELF upholds me. I am always watching the signs that concern nature, Israel, the Jews, the Church, morality, Governments, global finance, wars, etc.

... now you know a little bit about me.  Just a little.

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

I believe ...

... in the verbal inspiration of the Bible.

In One God, eternally existing as three persons.

Namely, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

That Jesus was conceived of the Spirit, born of the virgin Mary (who is among men, not glorified above men).

That Jesus is the Messiah.  The rod of Jesse.  The Promised One.  The Redeemer.  Savior.  Anointed One.  Holy ONE.  God the Son.  Prophet.  The Greater than them all (Moses, Abraham, Noah, Elijah, Ezekiel, Ruth, Jacob, Adam, Abel, Peter, Paul, John, Billy Graham [pun intended]...)  The First and the Last.  The Root AND Offspring of David.  Mediator.  Lamb of God.  Lion of Judah.

That He was crucified, buried, and rose again on the third day (Sunday; first day; eight day, Lords Day)

That He ascended into Heaven and is at the Right Hand of Power.

That He will return for His bride and bring her unto Himself.  That the Father WILL "deliver us from evil" ... and prevent us from the time of trouble to come upon the whole world.

... that not all "Bibles" are created equal.  :-)

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Blessings Donibm!

Welcome to Worthy.......I don't know how one is Pentecostal & Protestant  but hey(learn something new everyday!),Praise & Glory to God,,,,Jesus is your Lord & Savior and thats all that matters!!!Halleluliah!

with love-in Christ,Kwik

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,004 posts

Welcome~!

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

welcome to worthy...hope you will be happy here

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

LOL

Well ... its not that hard really.

To me, I would think that all Pentecostals are Protestants (provided they have studied the origins of Ba'al worship, Nimrod/Semeris, how that practices spread throughout the ages and throughout the nations (called different things as it spread), Daniels iron and clay, Johns harlot on a beast, the prophecies, Church history, the lies and deceptions, ... and even the Jesuit Oath of Induction).

It's easy to understand really.  :brightidea:

Pentecostal: maintain what was taught from the beginning

Protestant: protest against ...

Of course, there are moments within this, such as "charismatics" and others.  I'm not part of that.

Edited by Donibm, 25 February 2014 - 09:06 AM.

Donibm

Donibm

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Thank you all.

I'm looking forward to the meat that anyone has to offer in these threads.  Hopefully, I may also be able to contribute meaningful things that edify AND admonish the Brethren in the Lord.

I know that I wont agree with all, and all will not agree with me ... even against the Word of God (if my experiences have any say in the matter).  But as long as the CORE VALUES are there:

deity of Jesus

truth of Gods Word

Belief, repentance, Salvation through Jesus, remaining (present participle) in Him

... then we will get along just fine.  :-)

I'm happy to have found a forum that is designated to Christians, with moderators ... because some of the mess that I was in previously ... "God is angry with the wicked EVERY DAY!"

Edited by Donibm, 25 February 2014 - 09:24 AM.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Welcome to Worthy!! If one is not Roman/Greek Catholic, Mormon etc one is Protestant.

kingdomwitness

kingdomwitness

Advanced Member

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Welcome. I also believe that the horse rider is a religion (Christianity to be exact), the crown symbolises authority and victory, the bow is God's word (The Bible) that shoots arrows (God's words) that pierce the heart and spirit dividing them assunder. The horse is conquest.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

Jean74

Jean74
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to post. Don't be shy at all! God bless you!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network