christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Christians - politics and current affairs

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Enoc

Enoc

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Should Christians be political, should they take an interest in politics?

Yes, to the best of ones ability. Its very hard to get good information, period. With out good info, how can you make an informed decision.

Politicians tend to pander to the ignorant/uninformed which is the majority of the voting populace. 

The most you can do is pick the lesser of two evils.

Ron Paul...IMO is stuck in time, unsophisticated and lacks depth of thought. 

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,267 posts
  • Interests:Israel Advocacy Bible Study, Apologetics, Theology, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Birdwatching, BBQing

Should Christians be political, should they take an interest in politics?

Yes, we should I believe. We are told not to be part of this World, but like it or not, we are stuck in it for the time being. God is given us signs that are telling us that the End Times are approaching and we would be wise to look out for them. What is happening in the World is a fight between good and evil. Every time a politician speaks,a gun is fired or a new law is passed - they are all reflections of what is going on. Besides, us Christians have a right to vote too.

I may be British but I take a strong interest in U.S.politics as you can probably tell by the number of threads I start in the U.S. news section.

Why? Because as the spearhead of the Free World, what happens to you, happens to me! Your corruption is our corruption and our corruption is yours.

I also take a strong interest in Israeli politics because Israel should be the focus for all Christians.

So switch on the News and don't hide away. There are many people to saved yet, but we must know our enemy. If we close our eyes to what is happening in the World then we may stumble.

Christians need to take an interest in the issues of our day, but I don't think they should necessarily openly campaign for a particular candidate.  

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network