christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Have anyone thought of this

* * * * * 1 votes Organ Donor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

tigger398

tigger398

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

I have thought about it, being a organ donor. I mean I wouldn't need them anymore after I die. What are your thoughts.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,437 posts

Nothing wrong with being an organ donor. Just make sure your family knows your wishes. Even if you sign a donor card, the family will need to approve of it in the event your organs are needed.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,635 posts

It is a personal decision.  I don't believe there is any Biblical reason not to do it. 

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,551 posts

i just told my wife and kids to make sure I'm really dead...    My wife has MS and she's donated her body to science.....   I had trouble with that for many years...   but it is her choice....   we'll see when the time comes.

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

I'm seriously considering donating my body to science. I just don't want to wind up as dog food.

If God needs even 1 cell of a saved person's body to resurrect them and give them a glorified body, then there will be untold billions of saved souls who can't be resurrected.  It doesn't make sense.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,281 posts

Problem is my old and battered and beat up organs. If they could make a combo of the working parts maybe.... (like a heart, liver, kidney combo..)

BeauJangles

BeauJangles

• PipPip
  • 185 posts

Oh, guys that is just hysterical! ROFL :24:  Anyway, my aunt and uncle have their organ donor cards and I see nothing wrong with that. Personally, I wouldn't object... It would save on burial expenses! Seriously though, if anything of use could save a life, I don't have a problem with it, since I would have no need for it. However, donating my body to science would mean I'd end up a cadaver and would be no, that's a bit TMI... Then again, why should I care? So, organ donor, sure. Cadaver? My surviving family needs something, since I've already chosen cremation. They would like most of it to inurn, or cast to the winds, we haven't gotten into a lot of detail on that yet. David/BeauJangles   

other one: i just told my wife and kids to make sure i was really dead...

JTC: I'm seriously considering donating my body to science. I just don't want to wind up as dog food.  

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,392 posts

Problem is my old and battered and beat up organs. If they could make a combo of the working parts maybe.... (like a heart, liver, kidney combo..)

Wow.  Just has a vision of "Frankenfez" stumbling and ambling across the S. African bush land.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,551 posts

Oh my Shiloh, that's funny......    I can see it now....

Jessica

Jessica
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Thought of it, yes.

coheir

coheir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

I think I abused every organ in my body before I got saved; not sure they would help anyone, thanks to the Lord they are still working for me.

I tried all most nearly but not quite hardly everything.old timer slang

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Well, since for some odd reason, the law here does not believe that a person owns their own body, they won't let me sell my organs on eBay, so sure, why not. Not sure why you can give organs away and not sell them, but that is the way it is. If I end up as dog food, tree fertilizer, or shark bait, I don't care all that much.

However, if someone needs my organs, sure, have them. I won't need them, I am getting a new body anyway. As someone else said, I prefer to be dead first

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,437 posts

Yall may not realize it, but mortuaries can harvest bone from you without your permission, without your family's permission or even knowledge. 

coffeespiller87

coffeespiller87

Veteran Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Well, I see no problem with it at all. Its a personal choice as others have said. I believe God can find a way to resurrect people when the time is come. Remember God cant be limited. Just because something doesnt make sense to us doesnt mean  it cant happen. With God all things are possible.

Trinitron

Trinitron

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

I've worked in areas where there are donated bodies used for educational purposes.  The bodies look like a high school class frog dissection.  I've seen bags with heads in them.  Also loose organs stacked in big tubs.  Loose brains.  I've never seen the bodies on meat hooks but I've heard of people telling me they have seen this as well.  I've talked to the employees that chop up the bodies and the professors.  They say that they wouldn't donate their bodies.  Biblically, you can do what you want.

LadyKay

LadyKay

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Yes, I am.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network