1. Christian Discussions

1. Study Group

Join our online studies! Only those part of the ministry can start topics in this forum, although anyone may reply to any topic started!

Online forum for users to post their Bible studies.

1. General

All videos are will be reviewed before being published on WCF.

1. 46.6k

Read our Monday - Friday Newsletter!   Click here if you wish to subscribe to our Worthy Briefs!

Live-blogging events, posting interesting Op-Eds and tidbits, that are relevant — but not necessarily something we can publish on Worthy News.

1. Worthy Devotions

...read our Bible based daily devotions from Israel.

• Gotcha!  And the one world religion would be sure to deny the simplicity in Christ, that is, that we must work to earn good standing before God.  If you think about it . . . lets say someone turns AI loose to create this grand religion from all relevant religious source material.  It would have all the "good" elements in it, moral codes, etc. To someone who doesn't know Christ, it would be absurd for anyone not to sign onto it.  And if someone doesn't sign onto it, they certainly must be part of the evil, which is holding mankind back, right?
    • I do not have any divine revelations or inside knowledge. I believe we are living at the close of this final dispensation, or the end of this age. If true, we should see how prophetic scriptures align and manifest. Everything in the Bible about the terminal generation is not coming; it is now here. How many historical and current wars and atrocities have been waged in the name of religion? The Bible infers there will be a one-world government and a global religion. It is easy to see the global government coming about, and they are not hiding it. For years, I suspected the global religion to be akin to something like Chrislam, but it still could be, as there is a Vatican push for it. There is something new to the mix I never considered as time passes. Even the apostle Paul debated the subject with philosophers in Athens, Greece. The quest and worship of higher powers, knowledge, and intelligence. Is this starting to ring any bells? Some can connect the image of the Beast and artificial intelligence (AI). However God’s plans and purposes unfold, we are witnessing it. Exciting times, eh?
    • Christ is faithful to strip away those things as He continues to work in us. There is an extreme which I found myself entrenched in when those words of the Lord which promised that "nothing would be the same" started to unfold. I was terrified by that plate of cookies. Why? The plate of cookies would destroy me so that, when those cookies were taken away, I would suffer loss all over again. I preferred existence not knowing when the next meal would arrive and from whence it would come. There is something to be said when the trappings of life aren't certain at all. This enabled freedom from the millstone of responsibilities and the horror that descended upon me whenever I found work... obtained housing... and found myself with a stocked kitchen. I would lose it all in cycle that never seemed to end.  We should be grateful for whatever we receive from the Lord, yes? So, when He placed that proverbial plate of cookies in front of me, I had to overcome the fear that it would vanish. Sometimes, having a plate of cookies is the issue. 
    • @Marathoner I also deal with a similar obstacle on my character. If people start to speak without keeping up with their own thoughts, only caring about being right and even lying about what they previously stated/did, something happens to me and I stop caring about the person I have in front of me. When I enter in scrutiny mode, I put God aside, I am caustic and as you said, words can be razor blades. It has been a long process to overcome this, and I do thank God for all the times I kept silent. But sometimes, I do wish I could have the power to put someone in "their place". The other day a situation like that arose. I wanted to make a point, some way. I wanted to find words that would have the effect I needed, without the guilt. I started as usual, going alone to my own thoughts, but then I turned to God and asked for help, "This person needs to learn something, otherwise this will keep happening. This person will knock on my door soon and I don't want to disappoint You with my words. I also don't want to be unpleasant to this person, even though I am so displeased right now." I was listening to Praise and Harmony on Spotify, and (probably not) coincidentally I had "Generous King" on repeat: "Generous King, You give Out of Your fullness, showering kindness You give, generous King Mercies unending, love never failing You give. The wrath we deserved was furious The cup that we drink is full of Love It's all from You, Lord, it's all from You Your Spirit You've freely given us" My thoughts while listening: I receive so much kindness from God. How many times was I unreasonable with this Generous King, with His children? How much I received anyway. I want to share this gratitude by being generous to those around me, to those He also cares about. What evil comes to the world if I am generous even when my human nature tells me that I am on some pinnacle of reason and logic? The ground where I stand is all the love God has been giving me, I have what I need to be generous to this person. (The issue here was, I see now, my pride, and that is why silence and a warm smile was the best solution. There are situations where we indeed need to have a voice.) So now, when I'm on that crossroad, I start to sing this song inside my mind. It has been helpful! Brother Marathoner, may God give you a song to play in your mind, or something else that God wills, to help you in that shift. May God give us assertiveness when He wants to use us for His work, but also joy when silence/neutrality is a way to express His generosity towards us and others.  
    • That is because the Judgments are not a prominent part of Daniel, its only spoken of in terms like this. Dan. 11:45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him. Dn. 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Dan. 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand. Dan. 7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. I stated what it meant earlier, and how that matched up with God the Father having to flood the whole world. It repented him. 
  • Who's Online

178 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. Clear Lisa
      Clear Lisa
      51 years old
    2. Deth
      Deth
      30 years old
    3. Hannahvo
      Hannahvo
      25 years old