christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi, I'm Jess and new here

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

HiddenLight

HiddenLight
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Hello I'm Jess and new here to the forum. I was saved by Christ last year though I was always raised by my parents who were Christians I just never was really all that into it, till now. I have to say my life been hard sometimes but I know god as been there for me. My only thing I did not get was learning about him in the Bible. Since I struggle with learning issues it has been hard to understand his word and all about him. I been wanting to be a part of a community who would accept me for me and maybe give advice and help me understand his ways more. I also like to contribute and make some friends here as well. I'm a bit shy and quite at first but I warm up eventually. Not sure what else to say but glad to be here. See you all around. 

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,914 posts
A hearty welcome to Worthy!!

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 posts

Welcome to Worthy. 

patticats

patticats

Veteran Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Welcome to Worthy!!

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Hi jess, welcome to worthy

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Welcome to Worthy!! and AMEN! AMEN! on your recent coming to Christ!

God Bless,

Hip

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Welcome to Worthy.

lil'misshope

lil'misshope
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Welcome to worthy :)

Macs Son

Macs Son

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Hello I'm Jess and new here to the forum. I was saved by Christ last year though I was always raised by my parents who were Christians I just never was really all that into it, till now. I have to say my life been hard sometimes but I know god as been there for me. My only thing I did not get was learning about him in the Bible. Since I struggle with learning issues it has been hard to understand his word and all about him. I been wanting to be a part of a community who would accept me for me and maybe give advice and help me understand his ways more. I also like to contribute and make some friends here as well. I'm a bit shy and quite at first but I warm up eventually. Not sure what else to say but glad to be here. See you all around.

Hi Jess,
Welcome! I'm fairly new myself. It sounds like your Mom and Dad did a good job raising you. It is also very good that your desire is to better understand the Word of God for it will make you strong and enable you to grow in God's grace, which will make your journey here on earth fruitful to both yourself and others . I believe asking for wisdom in the Word of God is something the Lord will always answer since His desire is to edify you in Himself that you might draw closer to Him and grow in His grace. I'm the father of girls myself, although they are all married now and having children of their own. My son is our youngest but even he has now completed his freshman year in college. Now as a Dad I always try and do the most I can for them because I love them dearly but in love I am not as forthright in love as God is. So what is the desire of God in His wanting you to grow and flourish in Him? Well I believe Jesus spelled it out here in the comparison between parents and their children.

Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking also see (Matt. 7:7–11 )
“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
Luke 18:9-14

So the Lord will, because of His love for you which He proved by dying for you and bearing your sins, give to you what you ask. For asking to understand His Word better is not an ask that is rooted in a selfish motive but in your motive to understand His message to you with godly wisdom. Know then that if you ask Him you shall receive it.

And may God bless your time here abundantly!
In Christ, Pat

jduck1986

jduck1986
  • 4 posts

welcome I'm new also.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 posts

welcome I'm new also.

Welcome to Worthy. 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Blessings Jess....

Truly a pleasure to meet you ,welcome to Worthy!I have no doubt that you will make good friends here,we are all members of the same Body & Have so much love to share with one another.....Praise our Lord Jesus!

Mac's Son has shown you a beautiful Word from God,,,,,,,,,He will fill the desires of your heart as they are according to His Will,seek Him with all your heart Jess & He will reveal Himself to you in the Holy Scriptures.................may you receive Wisdom & Understanding by the Power of the Holy Spirit,in the Precious Name of Jesus!                                                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Blessings jduck!

And a very warm welcome to you also "j"........Worthy is such a Blessing to us all and I am sure you are going to love it here.......Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ

PanzerIV

PanzerIV
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Welcome Jess!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,902 posts

Welcome~!

Overflowing

Overflowing
  • Members
  • 10 posts
Welcome to worthy :)

SarahATL

SarahATL
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Hey, welcome! I am also new here, but I think we are going to have a great time here on Worthy! May God bless you!

mwm

mwm
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Hello, I'm new here too.

johnthedrummer92

johnthedrummer92
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Welcome to worthy!

tripp

tripp
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Welcome Jess.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network