christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Good afternoon

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

J.Winnfield

J.Winnfield
  • Seeker
  • 12 posts

Hello all, have lurked here for a month or so, joined today. Senior citizen, widower and live in a rural area in California.  Was born a Catholic but my folks weren't very into it. Have lived my life and maybe the last couple years have felt , dunno, "drawn" to develop a relationship with the Lord

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,090 posts

Welcome :)

J.Winnfield

J.Winnfield
  • Seeker
  • 12 posts

Thank you

Willa

Willa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
I am so glad that you joined us. All you have to do for that relationship is ask God--not a priest--to forgive you for being a sinner, and thank Jesus for dying for you. Then ask Him to come into your life and fill you with His Spirit. This is Jesus is what saying to you when you take the Eucharist. He wants to live His life in you to love and forgive others, just as He did on earth. Then talk to God throughout the day and read your Bible. I just reread "The Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence. It might inspire you as well.
We pour out our hearts when we talk to God, Instead of repeating prayers. And we look for Him to answer our questions, often in the Bible.
Read Philippians 4:4-9 It tells us how to pray and what we should think about. Then read the New Testament.
Blessings,
Willa

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Shalom J! - Welcome to Worthy!

I am glad to hear that you are seeking a closer, personal relationship with Christ. If there is anything we can assist you with here at Worthy along your walk....please feel free to ask via here on the boards, can message a member of the ministry team here ( Servant, Watchmen, Platinum) or even come into chat with us !

God Bless,

Hip

patticats

patticats

Veteran Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Welcome to Worthy!!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,877 posts

Welcome~!

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts
Welcome to Worthy!!

WIP

WIP

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Hi there and welcome :grin:

Logan

Logan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Welcome to worthy

MichaelToris

MichaelToris
  • Members
  • 14 posts

One day at a time my man.  how are you today?

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Blessings J.Winnfield!

Welcome to Worthy........Praise the Lord,may He continue to draw you unto Himself........He certainly has lead you here to this Blessed ministry that you can be amongst His little flock.......He tells us in his Word(Songs Sol 1:8))That if you follow the footsteps of His flock they will lead to the Shepherds tent,Glory to God!                                                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

Mike

Mike

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Welcome to Worthy J.Winnfield!! Hope that you will have a great time here!!

God bless you!! :)

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,418 posts

Welcome :)

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network