christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

God's Word

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

gigman7

gigman7

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Reading, Exploring the Web, Kayaking, Loving my Wife, Gardening, Building Web Sites, Spending Time with Family
2 Timothy 3:16 says that Every Scripture is God's Word. What else does the Bible say about God's word?

chang

chang
  • Members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:- The Holy Bible,
    - Evangelization,!
    - Sports (Cycling, Football or Soccer, Handball, Hockey, Ski, Swimming, Tennis),
    - Reading,
    - Music (Classical, Country, Gospel, Pop, Christian Rock, Reggae, Slow, Zouglou)
    - Internet,
    - Travelling (even if I did not yet travel a lot),!
    - etc.
Hebrews 4:12 [New International Version - UK (NIVUK)]

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Christian History,
    Running, Football

We learn of Jesus and Eternal Life:

Jesus told the Jews:

Search the scripture; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me.

John 5:39

And that from a child thou hast known the sacred scriptures, which are able to make thee wise to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

II Timothy 3:15

Learning God's Word will help us to resist sin.

Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalms 119:11

His Word is eternal

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Psalms 119:89

6)  The words of the LORD are pure words; as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

7)  Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psalms 12:6-7

another_poster

another_poster

• PipPip
  • 105 posts

2 Timothy 3:16 says that Every Scripture is God's Word. What else does the Bible say about God's word?

although it should be noted that at the time it was written this verse actually is talking about the OT only as there was no NT considered scripture at that point in time.

gigman7

gigman7

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Reading, Exploring the Web, Kayaking, Loving my Wife, Gardening, Building Web Sites, Spending Time with Family

We learn of Jesus and Eternal Life:

Jesus told the Jews:

Search the scripture; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me.

John 5:39

And that from a child thou hast known the sacred scriptures, which are able to make thee wise to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

II Timothy 3:15

Learning God's Word will help us to resist sin.

Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalms 119:11

His Word is eternal

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Psalms 119:89

6)  The words of the LORD are pure words; as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

7)  Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Psalms 12:6-7

Thank you. These help a lot.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network