christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

John Hagee

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

So what are your thoughts on John Hagee.  I think when I went to Boot Camp in Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX,  I might have meet the man,  But just learn that he was divorce in the 70's does anyone know much about him?

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Should say when I meet him, something just didn't click, and when listening to him, yesterday on TV, same feeling, but maybe my own spirit is just being critical.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,883 posts

Like most others there are things he teaches that I agree with and a few that I don't.  He is an excellent speaker and very quick witted.  Sometimes it's hard to follow  what he is getting across for his subjects are deep.

An example was when he said that Jesus didn't come to be the messiah when he was born here and everyone I know had a fit over it.    What he was getting at was that Jesus didn't come to be the king of Israel on his first trip, he came to save the world (which he did).     I don't know of anyone more dedicated to the peace and safety of Israel.

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
I never cuddled up to him for some reason, thought I don't know him personally, but I don't watch him. He has a huge congregation in El Paso.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,883 posts

I don't keep up with him on a regular basis, but he does occasionally write a book that I will read.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,906 posts

I read something on-line about John Hagee getting divorced in the 70s and marrying a woman from his church.  Maybe its true and maybe its not.  It is hard to know about things you read on the internet.  Even if it is true, it is hard for me to hold something against him going back that far, given how many years he has been with his current wife.  That is between him and God.  I am not sure how his church is structured, with relation to whether or not he acts as a bishop, so again, I am not that concerned about it.  That is between him, his church, and God. 

As far as his teachings go, he is about as sound as anyone on tv.  I would say more so than most, but I don't follow him regularly.  It is like Jimmy Swaggart.  I watch his live church services sometimes, but I don't agree with everything I hear, and everything that he or his son has done. 

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,878 posts
Like Other One, there are some things he teaches I agree with, and others I do not. One thing that I find hard to accept is his manner of teaching. He screams a lot. Other than that, I have not seen or heard anything from his I would call false teaching, then again, I don't follow him.

faith pleases God

faith pleases God

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

He loves and stands with Israel as much as anyone I have seen from the gentile church. He formed a organization named CUFI (Christians United for Israel). Someone once said about the organization that we come together to stand with Israel but I see Israel has united us! I believe he loves Zion and God uses him in this purpose.I believe Israel needs standers and I accept him as one. His work is of the kingdom of God and against the rulers of Darkness

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Like most others there are things he teaches that I agree with and a few that I don't.  He is an excellent speaker and very quick witted.  Sometimes it's hard to follow  what he is getting across for his subjects are deep.

An example was when he said that Jesus didn't come to be the messiah when he was born here and everyone I know had a fit over it.    What he was getting at was that Jesus didn't come to be the king of Israel on his first trip, he came to save the world (which he did).     I don't know of anyone more dedicated to the peace and safety of Israel.

The part in italics I can't agree with, but the part underlined I admired him greatly for.

I never cuddled up to him for some reason, thought I don't know him personally, but I don't watch him. He has a huge congregation in El Paso.

HGMG, I kinda have the same issue, and I have heard some good sermons from him, but til I know for sure I'll have to say that it is my own human spirit, and the not the Holy Spirit that isn't mashing.

Even I read something on-line about John Hagee getting divorced in the 70s and marrying a woman from his church.  Maybe its true and maybe its not.  It is hard to know about things you read on the internet.if it is true, it is hard for me to hold something against him going back that far, given how many years he has been with his current wife.  That is between him and God.  I am not sure how his church is structured, with relation to whether or not he acts as a bishop, so again, I am not that concerned about it.  That is between him, his church, and God. 

As far as his teachings go, he is about as sound as anyone on tv.  I would say more so than most, but I don't follow him regularly.  It is like Jimmy Swaggart.  I watch his live church services sometimes, but I don't agree with everything I hear, and everything that he or his son has done. 

Being as sound as anyone on TV, wouldn't help my opinion of someone.   Don't get me wrong I like some TV Evangelist but very few.

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts

The yelling is a major turn off for me.  I do think he is a Christian though...just has that old time pentecostal way of delivering his message.  

(sorry don't mean to offend anyone but I have heard an awful lot of yelling pentecostal preachers....don't know why they do that)

I don't really tune him in but a few times I did listen a bit and I agreed with what he was teaching, but it seems he whips up the congregation

I can see how people would go 'Whaaaaa?'

Willa

Willa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts
When Hagee divorsed in the 70s, he confessed to immorality. He married the next year and has been married to the same woman since then according to wikkipedia. So he is not scripturally qualified to be a pastor or to remarry.

I have known people who claim that the pastor was not "annointed" if they couldn't jump the first 4 pews from his pulpit. That is pretty much what I think of screaming preachers. Most who scream and accuse others have something they themselves are hiding. I did not watch Swaggart for that reason, and it proved to be true. People are rarely won to Christ by preachers whose attitudes are loathing condemnation.. But some these days boast about their sin, and they need to be told kindly what the Bible says about sin, but that Christ came to save sinners, not the righteous.

Since I turn off screamers I can't really judge Hagee's content.. But I will give him one thumbs up for being pro Israel.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,906 posts

I don't consider John Hagee a screamer, but I am used to old time Pentecostal preachers, and attending tent meetings.  John Hagee is very laid back compared to some I have listened to over the years, and I like loud preachers.  I was never personally a loud preacher when I was pastoring a church, but if someone considers John Hagee loud, by that standard I may be louder than I thought. 

Duggerfan, I meant that exactly as I said it.  I think John Hagee is as sound or more so than the other televangelists I have listened to.  I don't fully agree with any of them.  I used to watch Jimmy Swaggart faithfully during the 80s, and attended many of his crusades.  I love that style of preaching.  I just see his falling into sin as showing he is human, and if any of us thinks we stand, we need to take heed lest we fall.  There was some behind the scenes things going on with Jimmy Swaggart and another evangelist, and I think God had to bring him down to size, but I still respect him as a man of God.  Like everyone else, he has some things he preaches I don't fully agree with, and his son Donny has done some things I don't agree with.  I suppose I like Gabriel the best of the Swaggart preachers, and I also like this one person whose name escapes me that sometimes preaches at his church, and is on his panel of ministers. 

I would say John Hagee is the best minister on tv right now as far as being sound, but that isn't saying a whole lot.  I guess that is where I am coming from.  I would trust him doctrinally over anyone else I can think of.  Jimmy Swaggart is probably second, but he is not the same minister he used to be.  Back in the 80s, he was by far my favorite preacher. 

Cletus

Cletus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
Cant rememner what exactly he said as a prediction/prophecy, but I remember time passed and it did not come to pass. Every since then I have been skeptic on what he says. He has though, said some things that "made it glow" in my chest.(long time ago) What I say with every preacher is treat what they say like fish, meaning eat what you can and throw the rest back. I cant think of one single preacher I habe agreed with every word to come out of thier mouth, and almost all of the ones I have heard speak say something unscriptural at least once. However, I can see looking back how I myself have misinterpreted scripture. No one is perfect. The bible charges us to study to show ourselves approved. Only Jesus is perfect. I do not trust any man 100%. Always double check sermons with the bible for yourself. Some people want to decieve you, others dont know they are and think they are helping you.

And as far as pentecostal preachers yelling and after every few words saying " ah-hah" .... I was told thats just the annointing. (LoL)

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,906 posts

I don't think John Hagee is a prophet.  He comes across more as a futurist, which is quite different.  His claims aren't that God is giving him direct revelations about coming events, but he is looking at current events in light of his understanding of Bible prophecy and making an educated guess.  That is what Jack Van Impe does.  Of course, some of their predictions will fail.  A prophet on the other hand must be perfect, because he claims everything he is saying is directly from God. 

dscapp

dscapp

Members*

• Members *
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

So what are your thoughts on John Hagee.  I think when I went to Boot Camp in Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX,  I might have meet the man,  But just learn that he was divorce in the 70's does anyone know much about him?

I have no quarrels with John. He wrote an important book that allows christians to understand the four blood moons. That was a good thing.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,883 posts

LoL.....  Well, you don't sleep through one of Hagee's sermons.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,878 posts

I don't consider John Hagee a screamer, but I am used to old time Pentecostal preachers, and attending tent meetings.  John Hagee is very laid back compared to some I have listened to over the years, and I like loud preachers.  I was never personally a loud preacher when I was pastoring a church, but if someone considers John Hagee loud, by that standard I may be louder than I thought. 

Duggerfan, I meant that exactly as I said it.  I think John Hagee is as sound or more so than the other televangelists I have listened to.  I don't fully agree with any of them.  I used to watch Jimmy Swaggart faithfully during the 80s, and attended many of his crusades.  I love that style of preaching.  I just see his falling into sin as showing he is human, and if any of us thinks we stand, we need to take heed lest we fall.  There was some behind the scenes things going on with Jimmy Swaggart and another evangelist, and I think God had to bring him down to size, but I still respect him as a man of God.  Like everyone else, he has some things he preaches I don't fully agree with, and his son Donny has done some things I don't agree with.  I suppose I like Gabriel the best of the Swaggart preachers, and I also like this one person whose name escapes me that sometimes preaches at his church, and is on his panel of ministers. 

I would say John Hagee is the best minister on tv right now as far as being sound, but that isn't saying a whole lot.  I guess that is where I am coming from.  I would trust him doctrinally over anyone else I can think of.  Jimmy Swaggart is probably second, but he is not the same minister he used to be.  Back in the 80s, he was by far my favorite preacher. 

LOL ... the vast majority of time I come across his TV program, I have to turn down the volume.  He has no need to be so loud.  With tent preaching, that is a different story.  Usually they have to be louder than the environment around them.  Hagee has a coliseum people gather in, no trucks, cars, honking, etc.  They are inside.

I also have a Pentecostal background.  :)

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
I will say this, when you work for a ministry you may see things that the viewer or church attendee wouldn't see. I worked for Evangelist Jimmy Swaggart, his wife, and son. No, I am not going to share a thing.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,007 posts

I didn't listen  to any of his sermons for a long time...I used to watch him every day  :)

I don't remember any false preaching,what is wrong with his teaching? As far as I remember his teaching is very convicting,he loves the Lord does preach the gospel and loves Israel .

We have to be very careful before we start labeling...can somebody fill me in and tell me what they noticed of his sermons?

So what if he is loud ?

As long as he is preaching truth.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,878 posts

I didn't listen  to any of his sermons for a long time...I used to watch him every day   :)

I don't remember any false preaching,what is wrong with his teaching? As far as I remember his teaching is very convicting,he loves the Lord does preach the gospel and loves Israel .

We have to be very careful before we start labeling...can somebody fill me in and tell me what they noticed of his sermons?
So what if he is loud ?
As long as he is preaching truth.

I never said his was a false teacher, but that I did not agree with some of his theology.

As for shouting, the best way I =can explain ti is that he uses his voice to gain a response he desire.  The louder he get, the more wound up the listeners get.  It is like here on Worthy, we like to discuss a lot of issues, and when someone want to make a point, they begin to print in larger, more colorful fonts, and use different ways to show strength.  IT is not necessary to do this.  If the Holy Spirit is behind the message, even a quiet voice will get through, but that is my personal belief.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network