christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So full yet so empty

* * * * * 1 votes fasting

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

JustinT

JustinT
  • Members
  • 10 posts

This evening I broke my fast. I went for 22 days with just water. The Lord has moved in me so much and I feel a stronger connection with him than i had before. Ive grown spiritually and emotionally. 

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,031 posts
  • Interests:camping computers

Bless you Justin.   I've never fasted anywhere near that long.....

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Interests:Christ, studying the Bible, my family....I am an artist ( for a living) and I like to airbrush and pinstripe. I also do steel art. I also enjoy playing the guitar and throwing Fruit Loops at my (4) kids :)

Awesome!!! - Praise the Lord!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,612 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Hallelujah~!

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts
  • Interests:History - particular, the rich history of my city.

Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Physically, I can't fast, I'll get sick.

Back in the 70s, I had read about fasting in sack clothe and ashes, so I put on the raggedest old clothes that I had, I didn't have any ashes, and sat in my clothet (spl?) all day and I was fasting. No, I just missed TV and sunshine and food for nothing.

Not to discount your experience and growth.

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Reading the word and learning from it, spiritual and personal growth, being myself, my family and friends, my cat Bella, working as a nurse, traveling. :)

Praise the Lord. You grew stronger and closer to Him as a result of fasting. Thanks for sharing. God Bless you, Justin. :)

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, cooking, baking, making cards.
Praise God, may you be blessed!

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
The only time I fasted it was not intentional. My intense longing and prayer for my husband's salvation in the earlly 70s was such that I could not eat. But I confess that all of my prayers changed me a lot. I finally concluded that God could have saved him at any time. He was just waiting for me to change enough to be able to receive a reborn husband. But I know people who came back from such a fast with renewed zeal and love for the Lord. It was a time of crucifixion of the old man.
Blessings Justin, you are certainly welcome here.
Willa

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts
  • Interests:My Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ,the Holy Spirit,the Bible,people,all Gods creatures(great,small & furry),from the sublime to the ridiculous,learning in general,artwork,animal trainer,cooking & eating,laughing

Blessings Justin

Welcome to Worthy.....good for you,Praise the Lord!                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts
  • Interests:Archery, painting, plants and animals, Medieval history

Welcome to Worthy.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network