1. Christian Discussions

1. Study Group

Join our online studies! Only those part of the ministry can start topics in this forum, although anyone may reply to any topic started!

Online forum for users to post their Bible studies.

1. General

All videos are will be reviewed before being published on WCF.

1. 46.6k

Live-blogging events, posting interesting Op-Eds and tidbits, that are relevant — but not necessarily something we can publish on Worthy News.

1. Worthy Devotions

...read our Bible based daily devotions from Israel.

• Has anyone ever heard the theory Rahab was a planet? I am omitting the harlot Rahab; what or who is the other Rahab? In most myths, there are usually kernels of truth. I have assumed Rahab was an ancient city destroyed, as most commentators agree. The following includes snippets from Tim Alberino’s book, "Birthright.” His book and thoughts are sometimes out of the mainstream, but interesting: Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them. (Psalm 89:9 KJV) Thou hast broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slain; thou hast scattered thine enemies with thy strong arm. (Psalm 89:10 KJV) Job 26:12 (ESV) By his power he stilled the sea; by his understanding he shattered Rahab. Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon? (Isaiah 51:9) RAHAB (Rāʹ hăb) Name meaning “arrogant, raging, turbulent, afflicter.” 1. Primeval sea monster representing the forces of chaos that God overcame in creation (Job 9:13; 26:12; Ps. 89:10; Isa. 51:9; cp. Ps. 74:12–17). 2. Symbolic name for Egypt (Ps. 87:4). Isaiah 30:7 includes a compound name Rahab-hem-shebeth.1 1 Brand, Chad, et al., editors. “Rahab.” Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Holman Bible Publishers, 2003, p. 1362. Many times in scripture, raging seas are not literal oceans but metaphors for chaos, danger, and places that are dangerous to humans and unhabitable. In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea. (Isaiah 27:1) [Does this sound like a fish?] The desolated topography of Earth’s neighboring planets, marred by the gaping craters of intense meteoric bombardment, implies that some cataclysmic event rocked the solar system. The asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter is likely the debris of an obliterated planet called Rahab, one of the seven shattered vessels of Edom. Stilling and ruling the raging sea are metaphors for quelling and subduing insurrection. The shattering of Rahab was the decisive blow that pierced the dragon and brought his rebellion to an abrupt and devastating end. When Rahab exploded, its smoldering shards rained down on the planets in its vicinity, each one striking with a force many thousands of times more powerful than a nuclear bomb, igniting their atmospheres with a firestorm hot enough to liquefy solid rock and vaporize everything else. Psalm 89 provides a fitting synopsis of the concepts presented thus far. Written in memorial of the dragon’s rebellion, the psalm proclaims a solemn warning to all those who would dare to defy the King of heaven and rise up against him: For who in the skies [cosmos] can be compared to the Lord? Who among the heavenly beings is like the Lord, a God greatly to be feared in the council of the holy ones [cherubim], and awesome above all who are around him? O Lord God of hosts [armies], who is mighty as you are, O Lord, with your faithfulness [faithful] all around you? You rule the raging of the sea [insurrection]; when its waves rise, you still them. You crushed Rahab like a carcass; you scattered your enemies with your mighty arm [the Son of God]. The heavens are yours; the earth also is yours; the world and all that is in it, you have founded them. (Psalm 89:6-11 ESV) 1 1Alberino, Timothy. Birthright: The Coming Posthuman Apocalypse and the Usurpation of Adam's Dominion on Planet Earth (p. 62). Alberino Publishing. Kindle Edition.  Rahab (monster). ray´hab (Heb. rahab H8105, “assault, violence”). In the poetical books of the OT the name is applied to a monster or demonic power. The allusions occur in the context of God’s power in nature: he overcomes Rahab in a contest of force (Job 9:13; 26:12 [in parallel with “serpent,” v. 13]; Ps. 89:10 [in parallel with “enemies”]; Isa. 51:9 [in parallel with dragon]).11 Silva, Moisés, et al., editors. “Rahab (Monster).” Zondervan Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Revised, Zondervan, 2011, p. 1205.
    • I appreciate your reply and sharing your understanding of John 15. My understanding is somewhat different, yet I believe may be helpful. Verse 1; “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser" Jesus is the vine, we are the branches, abiding (remain-stay in a given place-pitch a tent- tabernacle-etc) IN Him. It is Jesus who produces fruit that flows into the branches to show HIS fruit. The branch produces NOTHING, nor can it. It only bears the fruit of the vine, Jesus. Verse 4;  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. Jesus is the one that produces the fruit, and the branches, us, only bear it.              This is a biggie. As VA said, I believe, that we can do nothing of our selves, no righteous work. My bible says my heart is deceitfully wicked, who can know it. But, as I abide in the vine I can do all things, yet, not I but Christ. Took me a while to grasp this understanding. Most all my problems come from the source/fact of not abiding. Jesus is the one who works through me, and I bear his fruit, as I abide. The fruit is not for me. It is for others. What can we do if we cannot do anything? We can abide, as you say, 1to3... To God be the  glory, much fruit pleases the Father. Hope this may help any understanding, and thanks 1to3...
    • As soon as Jesus puts fire to the pan things will.
    • I just know that everything will pan out  . . . hence "pan trib." 
    • Romans 8 is a truly marvellous chapter........
  • Who's Online

146 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. G23
      G23
      39 years old
    2. Ka7i
      Ka7i
      58 years old
    3. Manuel24
      Manuel24
      49 years old