christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Watch The "JESUS" Film

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,048 posts

Do you know, that I have been saved for a long while now, and have never watched the film? :24: Just never got round to it. Perhaps I better :24:

Cut A DVD In The Language Of The Heart And Share?

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,193 posts

Do you know, that I have been saved for a long while now, and have never watched the film? :24: Just never got round to it. Perhaps I better :24:

Cut A DVD In The Language Of The Heart And Share?

Thanks Joe, I must get round to watching it!

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,105 posts
My daughter was on staff at Campus Crusade for years, and we could get vhs and dvd's of this movie for cost. I used to leave them in all the motel's that we stayed in that had players with their TV's. One will never know how it might help someone some lonely night.

Thanks for this web site, I'll use it.

paul11

paul11
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Watch The "JESUS" Film In Many Languages On-Line

http://www.jesusfilm...ages/index.html

Be Blessed Beloved

Nice share, thank you.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,048 posts

Watch The "JESUS" Film In Many Languages On-Line

http://www.jesusfilm...ages/index.html

Be Blessed Beloved

Nice share, thank you.

Hallelujah!

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
I just took a look at it. I remember seeing it once, probably when it was first made. I think I've seen every movie made on the life of Jesus. From what I recall, this is one of the most accurate ones. The picture came in with surprising sharpness and clarity, even for my old PC.

Thank you for putting it up.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,105 posts
My daughter was on staff with Campus Crusade for a few years, and i used to be able to buy CD's of this for about $5. I couldn't begin to remember how many of these I've given away. i think it's great that they are available on the web to watch.

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
Awesome, I may send it out. Great presentation except the part where he said, "In a Spiritual sense, the Son of God", Jesus is the Son of God in every sense.

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Awesome, I may send it out. Great presentation except the part where he said, "In a Spiritual sense, the Son of God", Jesus is the Son of God in every sense.

Never going to find a film on the topic that isn't biased in some way. As our Master said, "forbid them not." :)

Gary

JTC

JTC

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Awesome, I may send it out. Great presentation except part where he said, "In a Spiritual sense, the Son of God", Jesus is the Son of God in every sense.

This particular film is supposed to be taken primarily from the Gospel of Luke. So maybe there's a verse in Luke that says that? Or maybe that was said in the movie when the Pharisees or Romans were discussing Jesus while He was still alive? I'd have to re watch the entire film to listen for it. My guess is the context in which is was said called for it to be said that way.

Just a little history for you younger folks, from one us older guys.

I'm pretty sure the first movie made about the life of Jesus was "King of Kings". It was lavishly done, and a famous actor (who's name escapes me) played Jesus. This man has piecing blue eyes and everyone loved this movie because of the actor's blue eyes. At the time I thought the movie was great.

Next came "The Greatest Story Ever Told". This was not lavishly done, and the actor who played Jesus was more average looking. The Greatest Story movie was much more accurate. When I saw those 2 films I had not yet read the Bible.

I think by the time this movie came out I had read the Bible and that was how I concluded this was the most accurate. However, I think it leaves certain things out, that was in The Greatest Story movie, because this film is taken from Luke, whereas the the Greatest Story movie was taken from all the scriptures.

I do remember re watching King of Kings after reading the Bible. I was picking out mistakes in it left and right. Like I said, King of Kings was a major Hollywood production and it was trying to come up to the spectacle standards that Cecil B. DeMille, had set in his movie "The 10 Commandments".

All these movies have errors once you know the scriptures. It must be remembered that any movie needs to attract an audience so it can make money.

And since there are so very many people who will never read the Bible, I think it's good that all these movies has been made. It's sad, but for some people, this may be the only times they will hear about Jesus. This being the case, better for someone to see even just King of Kings, than to know nothing of Our Lord.

In the beginning of this movie they show the copyright date in Roman numerals. Since my PC is so old I was afraid to pause the movie to figure what number that was. But I'd like to know. So if anyone has the time to do it, and a good enough PC to pause the movie, maybe you can get the copyright date and post it. I know how to read Roman numerals and translate them to our numbers, but I need a few minutes to figure them out. So if anyone can get either the Roman numerals or translate them I'd appreciate it.

John

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,048 posts

In the beginning of this movie they show the copyright date in Roman numerals. Since my PC is so old I was afraid to pause the movie to figure what number that was. But I'd like to know. So if anyone has the time to do it, and a good enough PC to pause the movie, maybe you can get the copyright date and post it. I know how to read Roman numerals and translate them to our numbers, but I need a few minutes to figure them out. So if anyone can get either the Roman numerals or translate them I'd appreciate it.

The JESUS Film Project distributes the film "JESUS," a two-hour docudrama about the life of Christ based on the Gospel of Luke. The film has been seen in every country of the world and translated into hundreds of languages since its initial release in 1979. Our goal is to reach every nation, tribe, people and tongue, helping them see and hear the story of Jesus in a language they can understand. So whether a person speaks Swahili, French, or a language whose name is extremely difficult for most to pronounce, he or she will encounter the life and message of Jesus in a language "of the heart." http://www.jesusfilm...aboutus/history

1995-2013 The JESUS Film Project®
A Ministry of Campus Crusade For Christ International®
All rights reserved.

The JESUS Film Project
100 Lake Hart Drive, Orlando, FL 32832
Office: (407) 826-2300, Fax: (407) 826-2375

The JESUS Film Project retains the copyright in all of the material and graphics on these Web pages as a collective work under copyright laws. The JESUS Film Project hereby authorizes you to view, print, copy and distribute the documents published in the public area of this Website, provided that: (1) the documents and any related graphics are to be used by you or any third party to whom you distribute them only for informational, non-commercial purposes, (2) no fee may be charged for distribution of any documents and related graphics to any third party, (3) all copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices that appear on such documents and related graphics, together with this permission notice, must appear on all copies that you make or distribute, and (4) no graphics available from this Server are used, copied or distributed separate from accompanying text. The JESUS Film Project reserves any rights not expressly granted herein. http://www.jesusfilm...ight-trademarks

nickname

nickname
  • Nonbeliever
  • 52 posts
I watched it in German Standard. Although Ich weiß nicht, wie Sie sprechen Deutsch, that language seems to give everything a little more 'pep' than English. Thank you for the link FresnoJoe, the film was educational, although it did lack conventional dramatic elements such as car chases, explosions, cybernetic ninjas, etc.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,105 posts
My daughter was a staff member for Campus Crusade for several years, and through her I bought many many copies of this movie and gave to anyone who wanted it. She's no longer with them, but I'd still like to be able to purchase the DVD's at the Cru prices if anyone knows of an active member.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,048 posts

My daughter was a staff member for Campus Crusade for several years, and through her I bought many many copies of this movie and gave to anyone who wanted it. She's no longer with them, but I'd still like to be able to purchase the DVD's at the Crusade prices if anyone knows of an active member.

You Can Download And Cut As Many As You Need For Your Own Use Or To Pass Out (I Think)
Even In The Heart Language Of Your Neighbors

~

The JESUS Film Project retains the copyright in all of the material and graphics on these Web pages as a collective work under copyright laws. The JESUS Film Project hereby authorizes you to view, print, copy and distribute the documents published in the public area of this Website, provided that: (1) the documents and any related graphics are to be used by you or any third party to whom you distribute them only for informational, non-commercial purposes, (2) no fee may be charged for distribution of any documents and related graphics to any third party, (3) all copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices that appear on such documents and related graphics, together with this permission notice, must appear on all copies that you make or distribute, and (4) no graphics available from this Server are used, copied or distributed separate from accompanying text. The JESUS Film Project reserves any rights not expressly granted herein. http://www.jesusfilm...ight-trademarks

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network