christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cleaning a Kitchen Sponge

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts

Or you could go rent some teen aged boys. No the counters wont be clean, but the sponge will never be full of unwanted bacteria either.

:emot-pray:

I don't get it. :laugh:

I don't either. :P

Iryssa

Iryssa

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts
I don't use sponges...I find that as soon as I wipe anything with cheese or eggs they get gunked up and useless (and I love cheese and eggs). Microfiber dishcloths from Tupperware and scrub brushes are the way to go! I use disposable scrub pads for anything that requires more elbow grease. Also, regular dish cloths in white are fantastic because you can bleach the living daylights out of them and never have to worry!

Johnmichelsr

Johnmichelsr
  • 2 posts

Best Way to Get Germs Off a Kitchen Sponge

Even if you wash your kitchen sponge regularly, it can still be full of bacteria. In fact, studies show that the average
Gold coast carpet cleaners kitchen sponge can contain up to a million more germs than a toilet seat! And if you're not careful, those germs can make it onto your dishes, your drinking glasses, and your countertops.

Fortunately, the best way to decontaminate a sponge is also the easiest. Just rinse it, wring it out, and microwave it for 30 to 60 seconds. The microwave will kill those nasty germs dead.

I am really happy to have your suggestions. I live alone in my house and being health consious love to clean my home regularly. I need you help if you can guide me how to clean oven properly as it is getting bad and bad. I am using cleaners but still not able to get right results. Please help me out

Edited by Johnmichelsr, 18 November 2012 - 10:24 PM.

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
I have always put my used sponge in the dishwasher to sterilize it....... :whistling:

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
I use alternatives to sponges.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts
I prefer a Victoria Sponge :whistling:
Posted Image

Now that, I would not place in the Microwave or the dish washer :24: :24: :24:
Recipe at http://www.bbc.co.uk...riasponge_13555

giggling appy

giggling appy

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

I am really happy to have your suggestions. I live alone in my house and being health consious love to clean my home regularly. I need you help if you can guide me how to clean oven properly as it is getting bad and bad. I am using cleaners but still not able to get right results. Please help me out

A good way to clean your stove (oven) microwave is to get a spray bottle and put in about 2 tablespoons of baking soda to a cup of water, shake till baking soda is dissolved completely. You can put more baking soda in, if necessary. But you don't want too much as it will clog the sprayer.

spray the entire inside of oven let it dry, apply another coat and again let it dry, as it dries, it will loosen the baked on grease, and food. Once its dry, take a damp sponge and wipe clean. You may need to repeat process a few times, but your oven will come clean. I have used this method, and was pleasantly surprised how clean I got my oven.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network