christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

spanking

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Diatheosis

Diatheosis

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Interests:God's supernatural reality in action, Jesus walking amidst us, exposing the end time deception, biblical languages, prophetic.

Restrict what the child really enjoys, or remove that privilege for a period of time. I have four children, at times the punishment is early going to bed, at times a time out. It has to be a clear sign for unaccepted behavior. OF course, the more consequent patterns for that, the better as the child can understand what is to follow with certain things.

I've been working in kindergardens for some years and met hundreds of kids so I've seen what the consequences are for letting kids decide over everything. That will in no way happen in my house. But parents should above all look at the mirror and see what things we are doing that send wrong signals to the offspring.

In today's egocentric world many give money instead of time and often the rebellious behavior is a call for attention (not always). To have a good connection with the child certainly prevents potentially much the need for punishing. The effect of the environment is another thing. Therefore we are heading away from 'civilization', because it's all getting rather weird in downtown.

Off topic, but consider the possibility of demonic activity in kids too, perhaps from the school, tv. internet, etc. even relatives, friends. So we certainly ought to pray for our kids and kids in general. Often they do not know how to handle these things.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,352 posts
  • Interests:Many and varied. Any technology with blinking and flashing lights, no matter what it does...

Restrict what the child really enjoys, or remove that privilege for a period of time. I have four children, at times the punishment is early going to bed, at times a time out. It has to be a clear sign for unaccepted behavior. OF course, the more consequent patterns for that, the better as the child can understand what is to follow with certain things.

I've been working in kindergardens for some years and met hundreds of kids so I've seen what the consequences are for letting kids decide over everything. That will in no way happen in my house. But parents should above all look at the mirror and see what things we are doing that send wrong signals to the offspring.

In today's egocentric world many give money instead of time and often the rebellious behavior is a call for attention (not always). To have a good connection with the child certainly prevents potentially much the need for punishing. The effect of the environment is another thing. Therefore we are heading away from 'civilization', because it's all getting rather weird in downtown.

Off topic, but consider the possibility of demonic activity in kids too, perhaps from the school, tv. internet, etc. even relatives, friends. So we certainly ought to pray for our kids and kids in general. Often they do not know how to handle these things.

Interesting name you have. What does it mean?

Ivy

Ivy
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:I love God.

"Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them". Prov. 13:24

"Discipline" implies that you are discipling someone,...ie. teaching them.

Therefore parents should discipline their children with love (and when they are calm), always explaining to the child why he/she received said punishment.

Parents also need to alter the type of discipline to make it age appropriate.

Blessings.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network