Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dionysiou

You're filled with the Holy Spirit!?

32 posts in this topic

You do realize the posts you are responding to are like 4 years old?  Well I guess ones still in the thread are over a year old, but they respond to posts from 2011?

As for me I am still waiting for the Holy Spirit. Some day maby. 

All you have to do is ask.  When I got the Ghost I had three of the deacons lay hands on me, I raised my hands and asked for God to fill me with The Holy Spirit and before I could finish I began speaking another language.  God wants to be one with His people.  He wants to give us His Spirit.  I have heard testimony of people simply asking and they got filled without anyone laying hands on them. 

The sign of the indwelling Holy Spirit is the fruit, not emotional bursts of sound.

All you have to do is ask.  When I got the Ghost I had three of the deacons lay hands on me, I raised my hands and asked for God to fill me with The Holy Spirit and before I could finish I began speaking another language.  God wants to be one with His people.  He wants to give us His Spirit.  I have heard testimony of people simply asking and they got filled without anyone laying hands on them. 

The sign of the indwelling Holy Spirit is the fruit, not emotional bursts of sound.

It wasnt and never has been emotional. 

I like how you used the word sign.....

1 Corinthians 14:22 says...

Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

anyway the purpose of my post wasnt to glorify speaking in tongues but rather to tell the tale of what happened. in short version.   If you read some of my other posts on speaking in tounges you will see clearly that I do go by what the bible says on that.  you will also see by reading other posts of mine that I do possess fruit.

It wasnt and never has been emotional. 

I like how you used the word sign.....

1 Corinthians 14:22 says...

Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

anyway the purpose of my post wasnt to glorify speaking in tongues but rather to tell the tale of what happened. in short version.   If you read some of my other posts on speaking in tounges you will see clearly that I do go by what the bible says on that.  you will also see by reading other posts of mine that I do possess fruit.

It may not be right to glorify the gifts instead of the fruit. That too a gift Paul wanted not to prefer

Edited by Righttruth

Only Jesus can baptize people with the Holy Spirit. Man can only administer water baptism which is normally a prerequisite for the baptism of the Holy Spirit by Jesus. Speaking unknown tongue is not a sign of Spirit baptism!

Only Jesus can baptize people with the Holy Spirit. Man can only administer water baptism which is normally a prerequisite for the baptism of the Holy Spirit by Jesus. Speaking unknown tongue is not a sign of Spirit baptism!

not a sign?  really?

Mar 16:17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Act 8:14  Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15  Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Act 8:16  (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Act 8:17  Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

2Ti 1:6  Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

Joh 7:37  In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39  (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Jesus Christ lives in us so our hands are his hands.

edit:  also water baptisim is not a prerequisite of the baptisim of The Holy Spirit.  I know this because it dont say it in the bible, and I had hands laid on me before I got dunked.

Edited by Cletus

not a sign?  really?

Mar 16:17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Act 8:14  Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15  Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Act 8:16  (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Act 8:17  Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

2Ti 1:6  Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

Joh 7:37  In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Joh 7:38  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39  (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Jesus Christ lives in us so our hands are his hands.

edit:  also water baptisim is not a prerequisite of the baptisim of The Holy Spirit.  I know this because it dont say it in the bible, and I had hands laid on me before I got dunked.

Speaking a known foreign language unknown to speaker but understood by a few people present is a sign of the Holy Spirit, not speaking gibberish!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0