christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why I use IbVPN?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

George

George

Steward

• Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts

Shalom everyone,

Recently, I was asked, why I use IbVPN? First of all, what is a VPN?

In layman's terms -- there's servers all around the world that can access the web for YOU. When you get IbVPN, in essence, you are buying a service that accesses the web for you and sends the information to you through a Virtual Encrypted Tunnel to your computer. Every piece of information is encrypted by a 256-bit encryption key which is impossible to crack. It's the same encryption used by the NSA. There's dozens of VPN services out there, however IbVPN also doesn't keep any log activity of its clients! So you are surfing the internet completely confidentially and securely!

The next benefit of IbVPN, is the benefit of accessing its network on any "unsecured" network -- and making each "unsecured" network a secured network so you can check your email, bank accounts, etc without worrying if someone is "sniffing" your passwords, and other vital information while you are on a "unsecured" network for those occasions when you are at a coffeeshop, bus station, airport, etc.  It makes surfing the web SECURE even in un-secure settings!

Since I have a family of 4, and several computers, I was concerned about having to get a VPN for each of my devices that access the web simultaneously. With IbVPN, I can access 20 computer simultaneously -- thus having a secured network for all my computers, ipads, and phones!

Another advantage that I found is the speeds of their networks. For example, I'm in Israel, but Netflix won't allow me to view their network from Israel. However with IbVPN, I just say that I'm in New York, and suddenly I was able to access Netflix -- and watch dozens of faith based movies from Israel. BTW, my wife and I just saw the movie "Unconditional" and "October Baby" and I highly recommend them. Before we couldn't access Netflix -- and when we did -- we never found the speeds fast enough to watch it. However, the speeds are fast enough that my kids can watch VeggieTales on Netflix, while we watch something else at the same time! Really fast VPN speeds.

The only "disadvantage" I found using IbVPN was that Google wouldn't let me search using their search engine anonymously. "Strange? huh?"

So I use my own search engine that uses Google's results -- WorthySeek.com It's a specialized enhanced Google search engine that I prefiltered out results so that I could search without having "weird" sites showing up in the search results. So I made a work around for myself -- and you can easily use WorthySeek.com as your Christian enhanced Google Search engine.

We loved it so much that we joined their affiliate program. If you want to sign up, not only do you help yourself by surfing the web anonymously and securely, but you'll be helping to pay for the cost of running our internet ministry!

Check out IbVPN.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask,

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,180 posts

Hi George,

I tried to check this program and find it sort of complicated if you're not good with computers ,I am unsure which trial for 6 hours I should pick to try this program. You said you watched a couple of movies from netflix from the states,do you have the subscription for netflix for the States?? We have the subscription for Canada. I would love to watch some  programs from the tv in the Netherlands  and also BBC ....

If you say it safe I believe it is safe and I would like to surf without other people tracking everything you do,a couple of weeks ago I was searching about optamologyst and what happened Facebook asked if I was interested in one of their optamologyst links.grr

Thanks, God Bless and thank you for all the work you do for 
Worthyboard!

George

George

Steward

• Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts

Did you download the program?  Once you do that, it's pretty simple -- just put in your username / password.  And pick a location -- I found that Chicago, New York, and Manassas were the fastest servers.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,180 posts

Did you download the program?  Once you do that, it's pretty simple -- just put in your username / password.  And pick a location -- I found that Chicago, New York, and Manassas were the fastest servers.

I will try the program later when I have more time it's only 6 hours to try and then you have to buy it?

Which program did you get?

George

George

Steward

• Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts

It really depends on your needs.  You can surf anonymously easily for $5 dollars a month!  It's not a huge expense.  It depends on what you are doing.  Personally I use the $10.95 a month package since it's not expensive.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,180 posts

Hi George,

I did install the program but it's too confusing so I deleted it again:(

Thanks and maybe I ask my daughter to help me with it sometime.

Willa

Willa

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
How exactly does it defray the costs of running our Worthy network? How can I designate funds to worthy by using it? Not sure how this works.

George

George

Steward

• Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts

It's an affiliate program so we receive 25% of all sales.

If you want to contribute directly to the ministry -- go to Worthy Network.

God bless,

George

Hawkeye.

Hawkeye.

• PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Pet Photography, Web Design, Bible Study, Mission Work
    http://www.melmckibbin.com - Blog

Is it a proxy? Because I have used those before, and a lot of sites block proxies. I thought worthy blocked them at one point as well?

George

George

Steward

• Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts

Shalom Hawkeye,

It's a type of proxy service.  Because they gather the information for you -- and then encrypt it -- and send it you via a VPN tunnel it's a bit different.  I've used it for a few months now, and I haven't found a site that blocks me yet.

God bless,

George

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network