christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Somebody's Listening To You

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Waiting2BwithHim

Waiting2BwithHim

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Obama on NSA Spying Program: Someone Else, Not Gov't, Will Keep Your Private Info

President Barack Obama in a Friday speech addressing his reform proposals for controversial National Security Agency spying programs, announced a plan to let a third party or the phone companies themselves keep metadata on American phone records. Privacy advocates criticized his proposals for not going far enough in protecting privacy.

Under his proposal, a third party, the phone companies themselves or some other entity would keep data on when and where phone calls are placed and to whom the calls are placed. (The content of phone calls is not being collected, nor would be collected under his announced reforms.) In order to look at the data, authorities would need a court order.

There will be a 60-day review used to determine how the phone data will be collected and archived in the future.

"During the review process, some suggested that we may also be able to preserve the capabilities we need through a combination of existing authorities, better information sharing, and recent technological advances. But more work needs to be done to determine exactly how this system might work," Obama said.

The data collection itself should not end, Obama argued, because it is a necessary component of the fight against terrorists.

The 9/11 attacks may have been thwarted, Obama explained, if U.S. intelligence had that data at the time.

"One of the 9/11 hijackers — Khalid al-Mihdhar — made a phone call from San Diego to a known al Qaeda safe-house in Yemen. NSA saw that call, but it could not see that the call was coming from an individual already in the United States," he said.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has been one of the most outspoken critics of the NSA phone data collection program. In a Friday statement he argued that the proposal keeps what he views as the main problem with the program in place. Mass amounts of phone data, or "metadata," should not be collected to begin with, Paul believes, because the government should have an individual search warrant, and probable cause, for each person it collects data.

"While I am encouraged the President is addressing the NSA spying program because of pressure from Congress and the American people, I am disappointed in the details," Paul said. "The Fourth Amendment requires an individualized warrant based on probable cause before the government can search phone records and e-mails. President Obama's announced solution to the NSA spying controversy is the same unconstitutional program with a new configuration.

"I intend to continue the fight to restore Americans' rights through my Fourth Amendment Restoration Act and my legal challenge against the NSA. The American people should not expect the fox to guard the hen house."

Paul also mocked Obama's plan on his Facebook page. He posted an image of the Bill of Rights titled "Obama's NSA Reform" with the Fourth Amendment blocked out. The Fourth Amendment prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures without a search warrant.

"In case you missed it: here's the cliff notes version of President Obama's NSA reforms," Paul wrote with the image.

obamas-nsa-reform.jpg(Photo: Sen. Rand Paul)

Image mocking "Obama's NSA Reform" posted by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) to his Facebook page.

http://www.christian...te-info-112896/

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

Their is nothing I say that would make me concerned that someone was listening to me.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,062 posts

Their is nothing I say that would make me concerned that someone was listening to me.

While I agree Peep, but I would say that I do resent them listening.....    if they are in fact listening.    If all they are doing is looking to see who and when I call someone, I don't have a problem with that at all......   AT&T does that every month.

I would like to have access to whatever it is they are keeping though.  Occasionally I loose an Email, or neglect to put someone in my contacts and it would be helpful if they could fill me in.   Personally I would like for them to know I'm pretty harmless.....   I know what they are doing and know that there really isn't anything I can do about it so just leave me alone and we'll all be fine.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,597 posts

Nor I....but I still don't want government (or any third party) listening to my conversations.  This is America and I believe that to be unreasonable search and seizure.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Blessings Everyone...

As I feel the same way BoPeep & other one does I must agree with MG and enough is enough already!I am sorry to say that I do not believe Obama respects anyones rights and it is not the first time he has ignored the Bill of Rights to do exactly as he pleases.....I think he has confused his presidential position as that of kingship!

God Bless America-Kwik

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,556 posts

Years ago, my brother who is a lawyer was involved in a sensitive case. He was sure the feds were listening in on his phone calls as a result of it. So was his wife. So at times when I called my sis in law, as a form of rebellion, she would start the convos with words like terrorists bombs and other inflammatory words just to annoy them. Then we would have our regular conversation. Since then Ive been half convinced they listen to me as a result of her actions lol.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,591 posts

How can the government of the Beast come about unless the foundations are laid down? This is just one of the bricks.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,650 posts

I don't think many of us have that much to worry about with them listening in.   For one thing, can you imagine the number of people that would have to be employed by the government to listen in on every call everyday from every person, either live or recorded?   There's just no way.  it is prohibitively expensive.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,062 posts

I don't think many of us have that much to worry about with them listening in.   For one thing, can you imagine the number of people that would have to be employed by the government to listen in on every call everyday from every person, either live or recorded?   There's just no way.  it is prohibitively expensive.

The technology is there for computer banks to listen in on a huge number of calls (don't know about all) and pick out phrases or words that would alert humans that they need to listen in.   That has been going on for a really long time in calls coming from outside the US.

Ayin could be right about being listened to from the language of those other phone calls.    I might add though, that I have close relatives in the phone industry and if they want to listen in on your calls they can and you could not possibly know they are doing so for it happens in the central offices and network places.  it's not legal without a court order though.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I think they are just setting the path for the tribulation.No one will be safe.They will know everything you say and do.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,062 posts

I think they are just setting the path for the tribulation.No one will be safe.They will know everything you say and do.

so, they know I'm a sold out, born again Christian.......     so what are they going to do.....     during the trib our own families will turn on us so none of this is any big deal.

What might be a big deal is if this really doesn't have anything to do with end times.....   if the globalists that are setting this all up are just evil then we could suffer some bad times for years....    if it's end times we loose our heads and go be with the Lord.....

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
After growing up with party lines it doesn't seem like such an issue. But I agree that the present administration seems to ignore our civil rights (especially since evangelical Christians are not considered politically correct). All our political leaders and their advisors need our prayers for their deliverance from the influence of evil.
Lead us not into temptation ie. testing and trials, but deliver us from evil. Matt.6:13

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,062 posts

What our leaders need is grandma's old willow switch......    but it should have been applied years ago.....

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,556 posts

The willow switch has been taxed ninefold and grandma is currently facing charges of assault for daring to apply physical discipline. She is currently awaiting trial and being forced to attend a mandatory anger management program.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network