christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to reduce expectations from people

* * * * * 1 votes reduce expectations people

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Emuna

Emuna
  • 4 posts

Hi All,

I need some advice. I do not know how many of you have read 'If tomorrow comes' by Sidney Sheldon. If you have read it, you will be able to understand my issue easier.

One of my closest friends told me 'You are exactly like Tracy Whitney at the beginning of the book. When she goes to jail and the warden says someone has come to meet her, she immediately jumps to the conclusion that someone is going to save her. You too have dream like expectations like she does. Try to reduce it or you will get hurt'.

I know what the person said was right. I have dream like expectations when it comes to relationships. Can you tell me how to reduce it?

The general answers will be 'Pin your dream like expectations on God. And do not expect so much from people'. - With all due respect, I am working on it. But that cannot be the only solution. I need  to change my mind habits and way of looking at things differently.

My lifestyle: Very ordinary. I do not party everyday,nor do I jump from boyfriend to boyfriend (I don't even have one now). I study hard and have only one or two really close friends with whom I go out once a week.

Please give me some advice on the problem I stated.

I will be grateful especially if the veterans (who have lived and seen it all) will advise me.

If you haven't read the book, its an awesome book. If you want, type 'If tomorrow comes pdf' into google search and you can download the book for free. 

Best regards,

Emuna

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,609 posts

I need some advice....

One of my closest friends told me 'You are exactly like....

immediately jumps to the conclusion that someone is going to save her....

Can you tell me how to reduce it....

:thumbsup:

Step

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

By Step

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-7

By Step

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

By Step

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. Job 13:15

By Step

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. Matthew 16:24

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Amen!  What Joe said.  

Welcome to you and God bless you!

Shalom, PrairWarur

EnochBethany

EnochBethany

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Hi All,

I need some advice. I do not know how many of you have read 'If tomorrow comes' by Sidney Sheldon. If you have read it, you will be able to understand my issue easier.

One of my closest friends told me 'You are exactly like Tracy Whitney at the beginning of the book. When she goes to jail and the warden says someone has come to meet her, she immediately jumps to the conclusion that someone is going to save her. You too have dream like expectations like she does. Try to reduce it or you will get hurt'.

I know what the person said was right. I have dream like expectations when it comes to relationships. Can you tell me how to reduce it?

The general answers will be 'Pin your dream like expectations on God. And do not expect so much from people'. - With all due respect, I am working on it. But that cannot be the only solution. I need  to change my mind habits and way of looking at things differently.

My lifestyle: Very ordinary. I do not party everyday,nor do I jump from boyfriend to boyfriend (I don't even have one now). I study hard and have only one or two really close friends with whom I go out once a week.

Please give me some advice on the problem I stated.

I will be grateful especially if the veterans (who have lived and seen it all) will advise me.

If you haven't read the book, its an awesome book. If you want, type 'If tomorrow comes pdf' into google search and you can download the book for free. 

Best regards,

Emuna

Yes, hope deferred makes the heart sick.

Jeremiah speaks to your subject:

Thus saith Jehovah: Cursed is the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from Jehovah.  6 For he shall be like  the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, a salt land and not inhabited.  7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in Jehovah, and whose trust Jehovah is.

Still, for those in the Body of Christ, it is practically impossible not to experience love from our brethren & cistern.  And when we concentrate on giving them love & not letting them down, methinks we experience great joy.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts

Welcome to Worthy!!

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

hello and welcome to worthy.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network