christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ancient Egypt Came To America

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

goldust59

goldust59

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

I have placed this article in Controversial Issues because it challenges the "history" we have been taught. Personally, I have come to the conclusion that the general public has been lied to for centuries and our belief system has been "herded" in a direction that keeps us from knowing the truth of the past. I am not posting this to be drawn into a debate of the topic, but to draw attention to the facts that are brought out in the article. Whether you agree with them or not is up to you, but I suggest talking to Father about it. Hopefully, many will be moved to further research of our ancient past & why it has been kept from us.

Many blessings, Deb(goldust59)

from article;

These Gold Artifacts from Kincaid Tunnel are on display in the Smithsonian Institute at Washington DC. from the Grand Canyon. The back two Artifacts are for King Akhenaten and Queen Nefertiti.
goldartifacts.jpg

Interestingly, the Hopi Indians , who lived on the North Kiabab Rim of the Grand Canyon where the Egyptian Pyramids are located, knew the names of the Egyptian Pyramid Temple that is located under the North Kiabab Rim of the Grand Canyon. They have a god named Taawa, who they say has a man’s face that smiles all of the time and has a good heart. The Hopi Indians still use a large number of original Egyptian words in their Language.  Did they live alongside the ancient Egyptians in the Grand Canyon, or might they be descendants of the ancient Egyptians?

http://vineoflifenew...ailed-pictures/

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,384 posts

I have placed this article in Controversial Issues because it challenges the "history" we have been taught.... Whether you agree with them or not is up to you....

~

....Many generations ago, when Egypt was becoming less-than prosperous, a man who was blessed by God in that he was given the gift of interpreting dreams, came to the United States of America to establish a second Egyptian empire. His name was Joseph, son of Jacob.

Genesis chapters 37, and 39-49 clearly tells the story of Joseph....

~

Beloved, This "Speculation" Totally Mocks The Bible's Historical Account Of Joseph And Israel

But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the Red sea: and the children of Israel went up harnessed out of the land of Egypt.

And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my bones away hence with you.

And they took their journey from Succoth, and encamped in Etham, in the edge of the wilderness.

And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people. Exodus 13:18-22

As You'll See In Exodus 13:18-22

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,029 posts
I personally do not trust the details anyone gives concerning that which is claimed to be dug up in archeologocal digs or what not. The heart of man is desperately wicked and motives for deceptive acts boggle the mind.

Even that which I see with my own eyes can be used to deceive me. Due to the principle of reaping and sewing I am careful to try not to deceive others because I will be deceived in the process. The 'pun' in punish demands it. Just as Cain took the life of Abel and the Earth stopped producing food for him, the one who propagates deception will become deceived.

I understand that the bible speaks about cities and civilizations that were destroyed by God for an example to all those who would live ungodly after. The ruins of many former nations and peoples can be found all over the earth. What is imoprtant to me is knowing that God had them destroyed one way or another due to their ungodliness. And the only thing that can protect a nation or people from destruction is a remnant of godly people living within the border of their cities. When the remnant is removed the destruction ensues.

I do not care about what is buried under the earth in dust and ashes so much as what is roaming around on the surface.

Hi Deb!!

goldust59

goldust59

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Brother Joe, I understand what you mean. I also think that Joseph had plenty of time to go to America in his lifetime. The inscription about "son of the right hand" makes me think it was Ephraim though, during the reign of Joseph in Egypt.  Love you FresnoJoe!

goldust59

goldust59

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Hi Gary. Have missed talking to you!!

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,038 posts
I have to say this certainly is not scriptural. It sounds more like a false religious standpoint trying to enforce extra-biblical doctrine to scripture, sort of like the Mormons teachings of Joseph Smith and his secret book.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

This is a well known (to Arizonans at least) hoax. In that time period, there were numerous newspapers that printed up false stories in order to sell papers. Egyptology was a big deal back then too, with egyptian motifs in western society. However it is a hoax, a false story. There is no temple, those so called archaeologists have never existed. The grand canyon has been explored. 

One source states:

No record exists of Kincaid or Professor Jordan within the Smithsonian's Department of Anthropology, nor is there a paper trail at the Smithsonian detailing the artifacts gathered on the expedition. When asked directly about Kincaid's claims, a Smithsonian Institute representative once said:

Well, the first thing I can tell you, before we go any further, is that no Egyptian artifacts of any kind have ever been found in North or South America. Therefore, I can tell you that the Smithsonian Institute has never been involved in any such excavations.

(snip)

No data outside of the article substantiates the existence of Professor Jordan, and Kincaid's only other known reference comes in a March 12 article in the Arizona Gazette. The March 12 piece notes that Kincaid is in Yuma, Arizona. It mentions simply that he is an avid photographer who carries very high-end photography equipment. This is a particularly questionable tidbit, as no photos of Kincaid's discovery of the mummified bodies or a Buddha-like statue exist, let alone general photos of this portion of the expedition.

The gazette article describes something more asian than egyptian anyway.

Upon entering the cave, Kinkaid describes finding mummies as well as a shrine containing: "the idol, or image, of the peoples god, sitting cross-legged, with a Lotus flower or Lily in each hand. The cast of the face is Oriental, and the carving shows a skillful hand, and the entire is remarkably well preserved, as is everything in this cavern. The idol most resembles Buddha"

So the premise that egyptians were here holds even less water.

Elsewhere I read:

The 1909 article also describes G. E. Kinkaid as "the first white child born in Idaho." I followed up on this lead with the Idaho State Historical Society and received the following response:

"Regrettably, we find no word of a G E Kincaid in any of the pre-1900 federal, state (Idaho) or local (Idaho) records we consulted.
There appears to be some confusion about Mr. Kincaid's status as the first European American child born in Idaho. That distinction belongs to Eliza Spaulding, the daughter of missionaries Henry Harmon Spaulding and Narcissa Spaulding, who was born at Lapwai, Idaho, in 1837."

I found a website that claims to have photos of the artifacts in the kincaid tunnel along with pictures of so called egyptian ruins around the canyon. Quite laughable. Only one of the artifacts are in the amarna style, which is the artistic style of the time period of that pharaoh. And that artifact is one that I know is not from there, having seen it in books elsewhere with a different provenience (source of artifact). Also the ruins that they show are clearly not what he claims them to be and date to the later anasazi period around 1200 to 1400 AD.

Your article claims that hopi language contains elements of egyptian language. That is ridiculous. Hopi langauge is well studied and that claim is false. I have spent quite a bit of time on the Hopi reservation, attended events with hopis and heard their language over decades. I lived near them for 2 years. Nothing in their culture is remotely egyptian. The hopi did not live near the grand canyon. Other indians lived between the hopi and the grand canyon. The hopi indians are descended from the anasazi indians whose culture left ruins all over arizona, new mexico, utah and colorado. Other pueblo cultures descended from the anasazi and are in new mexico. The hopi became the hopi after 1400 AD. Long after this so called culture from the kincaid tunnel.

Sometimes my mind boggles at the stuff folks believe. 

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts
Am I reading it right-the article says the eqyptian pyramids are in the grand canyon? And you present this as fact? I've been to the grand canyon my friend there are no pyramids! And something that size would be hard to miss even in the grand canyon. And that's not counting the thousands upon thousands of people who visit the eqyptian pyramids in eqypt every year. This article is utterly devoid of facts and utterly full of fairy tale.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Brother Joe, I understand what you mean. I also think that Joseph had plenty of time to go to America in his lifetime. 

Mormon teaching.

goldust59

goldust59

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

for the record; 

I am not a Mormon, nor do I follow any of their teachings.  Blessings, Deb

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,384 posts

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20

~

for the record; 

:thumbsup:

Beloved, This Teaching Draws In Large Part From The Visions Of Digger Joe (Smith)

Who Despised The Jesus Of The Bible

With Every Stroke Of

His Poison

Pen

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. Proverbs 30:5-6

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,693 posts

Ayin,  I do not know all the details about the Egyptian stuff in the Grand Canyon, but I do know that you should not trust the Smithsonian institution.  I also know Steven Quayle and he is a very very dedicated Christian who is in a position to know a lot of things we would not have access to.

Also Tom Horn and Stan Deyo... are very highly educated people who are seriously dedicated to the Lord.

I also know that you can't trust the news media...

So I'm kind of open to this, but not really sure.

Atwood

Atwood

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
Interesting ideas. One indeed should be able to think out of the box, out of academic orthodoxy. But do you have proof for any of your claims? On a scale of 0-10, how certain are you of these things?

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,456 posts

Ayin,  I do not know all the details about the Egyptian stuff in the Grand Canyon, but I do know that you should not trust the Smithsonian institution.  I also know Steven Quayle and he is a very very dedicated Christian who is in a position to know a lot of things we would not have access to.

Also Tom Horn and Stan Deyo... are very highly educated people who are seriously dedicated to the Lord.

Even given your mistrust, there are stylistic cultural things that do not add up. The claims that egyptian stuff is here do not match the hopi culture at all. There is nothing in hopi iconography that remotely resembles ancient egypt. Stylistic differences is something that stands out in hoaxes. Those who create the hoaxes do not seem to grasp the iconographic langauge of the art of a culture. The photos I saw elsewhere are faked. One claim I saw says that its egyptian yet resembles mayan writing. Mayan writing is much more recent than the supposed dates for the kincaid tunnel, but an order of 2500 yrs. Mayan writing doesnt remotely resemble egyptian hieroglyphics or hieratic writing (a cursive like writing of hieroglyphics.) 

Then there are the claims about the people themselves, who do not exist in records at the smithsonian or anywhere else. While you may not trust the smithsonian, the records scattered across the country also invalidate the claim. There are additional details to this story that are hokey too. For instance, it is claimed that the tunnel goes all the way into mexico. And that too is information from the time period of the article. 

It is a known hoax in Arizona, along with a pterodactyl that was supposedly shot down near tombstone, the rocket car that embedded itself into a cliff and the exploding cactus.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,693 posts

Even given your mistrust, there are stylistic cultural things that do not add up. The claims that egyptian stuff is here do not match the hopi culture at all. There is nothing in hopi iconography that remotely resembles ancient egypt. Stylistic differences is something that stands out in hoaxes. Those who create the hoaxes do not seem to grasp the iconographic langauge of the art of a culture. The photos I saw elsewhere are faked. One claim I saw says that its egyptian yet resembles mayan writing. Mayan writing is much more recent than the supposed dates for the kincaid tunnel, but an order of 2500 yrs. Mayan writing doesnt remotely resemble egyptian hieroglyphics or hieratic writing (a cursive like writing of hieroglyphics.) 

Then there are the claims about the people themselves, who do not exist in records at the smithsonian or anywhere else. While you may not trust the smithsonian, the records scattered across the country also invalidate the claim. There are additional details to this story that are hokey too. For instance, it is claimed that the tunnel goes all the way into mexico. And that too is information from the time period of the article. 

It is a known hoax in Arizona, along with a pterodactyl that was supposedly shot down near tombstone, the rocket car that embedded itself into a cliff and the exploding cactus.

Don't think I've heard of any of those last ones....

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
A simple DNA test would dispel any doubt

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

There has been some evidence the mayans and the aztecs may have had some communication with the egyptians based on the location and architecture of their pyramids, but no solid proof, and nothing to suggest that Joseph ever made it to south american either, and certainly nothing in the grand canyon.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,038 posts

for the record; 

Thank you for clarifying.  My statement was not about your personal belief, but the likeness between what you provided in the OP and what the Mormons claim.  There are also those who claim Jesus came to America to teach, where this also is not found in scripture.  Please be careful of extra-biblical teachings.  They are unfounded  in scripture and, for the most part, damaging to our walk in Christ as they go off on strange doctrine.  Scripture has a lifetime of lessons we can learn from.  We don't need anything else.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network